• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Bulwark v Shrooms - training size comparison

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Both the dwarven bulwark and the shrine of shrewdy shrooms provide a training size benefit. Bulwark is based on squad size and shrooms on armoury levels. Has anyone done a comparison of which is better in terms of increased training size based on number of armouries and/or all tech/no optional techs?

On the face of it I figure bulwark is better for less armouries and shrooms with more. So if I have a town with 2 armouries I am likely to get more benefit from bulwark while a town with 6 armouries is more likely to focus on shrooms.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I did some quick back of the envelope calculations and chapter has as much to do with the wonders as number of armouries due to the compulsory squad size techs.

The short version is bulwark outshines shrooms in the following cases (all squad size techs taken)
  • 1 armoury from chapter 7 on
  • 2 armouries from chapter 10 on. Chapter 9 is almost even
  • 3 armouries from chapter 13 on. Chapter 12 is close to even
  • 4 armouries never (at this point in time)
This is assuming you have max level armouries in each chapter and the same level shrooms and bulwark. Will have to look for an a comparison without taking optional techs.

Last edited:

Pheryll

Set Designer
I did some quick back of the envelope calculations and chapter has as much to do with the wonders as number of armouries due to the compulsory squad size techs.

The short version is bulwark outshines shrooms in the following cases (all squad size techs taken)
  • 1 armoury from chapter 7 on
  • 2 armouries from chapter 10 on. Chapter 9 is almost even
  • 3 armouries from chapter 13 on. Chapter 12 is close to even
  • 4 armouries never (at this point in time)
This is assuming you have max level armouries in each chapter and the same level shrooms and bulwark. Will have to look for an a comparison without taking optional techs.

I am not sure what your calculations are based off of, but at the Amuni chapter bulwarks level 1 gives 3390 (max squad size all optional techs taken) x 0.225 = 763 training size. The shrooms with four armories give 6 x 4 x 31 (max level) = 744 training size. The shrooms are smaller, so they do give a better production per square, and they are a cheaper KP investment to level up, so there are more factors that could be included. The bulwark does gain on the shrooms as the chapters progress. If a squad size rebalance causes people to take maximum squad size, then bulwark does look appealing.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I haven't factored in kp investment or building size. was simply looking at total change in size compared to chapter and armoury numbers.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Just my own situation, but with 6 armories and all optional SS techs skipped since chapter 6, the SSS will give me more training queue time per KP invested all the way to level 30 before the bulwark to 7 makes sense.

Just curious. Don't you mostly negotiate? So do you have the 6 armories more for the Orc production?
Am I going to have to be finding room for more armories. So far I'm doing fine with two at whatever my max level is.
I battle all the time and I never have Orc shortages.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Just curious. Don't you mostly negotiate?
Nope, 99% autofight in the tournament and maybe 50-50 on the map, but I'm done the map (460 provinces cleared) so now I just keep some open for events.

I need 6 armories and level 11 SSS with level 6 bulwark(had it since before I unlocked SSS) just to keep my barracks cooking while I sleep.

Last edited:

Pheryll

Set Designer
I haven't factored in kp investment or building size. was simply looking at total change in size compared to chapter and armoury numbers.

Then I am not sure how to reproduce your numbers. My calculation above points to bulwark being a higher training size than shrooms when 4 max level armories are present at the end of chapter 13.