• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Feedback Buzzing Spring Feedback thread

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
spend ctalysts.jpg

Spend catalysts instead of gain... i think thats a new(ish) one.

I do like that one better actually. Im gonna craft something once what i need shows up any way. So that can be a lot less of a pain then gain 3. Sometimes iv gone the whole spire without getting any form the random chests. Tinlug, while useful for this in some cases, if your starting at 0, thats 15 tourney encounters to get that. So thats a full day for some. Leaving you having to wait until next round as soon as a tourney or relic ques comes up. - So spend 3 is far less stressful imo. And it required that you gained 3 at some point, but your not on the clock for it. So it all works out better.

Last edited:

Glandeh

View attachment 17009

Spend catalysts instead of gain... i think thats a new(ish) one.

I do like that one better actually. Im gonna craft something once what i need shows up any way. So that can be a lot less of a pain then gain 3. Sometimes iv gone the whole spire without getting any form the random chests. Tinlug, while useful for this in some cases, if your starting at 0, thats 15 tourney encounters to get that. So thats a full day for some. Leaving you having to wait until next round as soon as a tourney or relic ques comes up. - So spend 3 is far less stressful imo. And it required that you gained 3 at some point, but your not on the clock for it. So it all works out better.
And don't forget that you can cancel the crafting as soon as you've claimed the quest. :) Wonder upgrade will fulfil the quest as well, even if you cancel it after claiming.

BrinDarby

Not to be Nitpicky here, here's a common task
that turns up 1-2 times each event. :
-- Accept # of offers from other players --

Now, lets say you log on and it seems noone else
in the FS is on..... or you're a solo player without
access really to a ingame chat..... Well, you're at the
mercy of your neighborhood. So you check the Trader
and you see this :
1713853383962.png

@ least there's only 2 pages of Poooo.

So you try your 2nd city and see this :
1713853507622.png

Ohh great, kinda smaller offers , but 6 pages of Poooo.

Out of frustration you post some offers, like these :
1713853644150.png

Yup, 5 pages .... enough for everyone ...... lol.

Here's the thing, you log back in an hour later to see the
same kind of offers ( Pooo ) and 1 person decided to hogg
your generosity, and took all my offers .....

Noone wants to pay the 50% fee on bigger offers just to
complete a darn task, yet ppl can't understand my offers
and just take a few to do the task, if they're even on that
task, or just leave for others. I made them so they should
be @ the bottom of the Offers list, so noone has to look
at 5 pages of 5:5 offers, looking for other offers. No, they
take all 50+ offers themselves.

The moral here is if you see such silly offers, from a player
thats obviously not CH 1-2 , maybee there's a reason. Just
leave those for players that might need for a Event task.
( or I guess you need'd 250 gems so badly, you were ok
with paying a 80% bump )

I mean , really, this is sorta halarious......
a task that seems on the surface to be non-confrontational,
yet for many ppl, can be just as problematic as scouting or
finishing a province.

Glandeh

Not to be Nitpicky here, here's a common task
that turns up 1-2 times each event. :
-- Accept # of offers from other players --

Now, lets say you log on and it seems noone else
in the FS is on..... or you're a solo player without
access really to a ingame chat..... Well, you're at the
mercy of your neighborhood. So you check the Trader
and you see this :

@ least there's only 2 pages of Poooo.

So you try your 2nd city and see this :

Ohh great, kinda smaller offers , but 6 pages of Poooo.

Out of frustration you post some offers, like these :

Yup, 5 pages .... enough for everyone ...... lol.

Here's the thing, you log back in an hour later to see the
same kind of offers ( Pooo ) and 1 person decided to hogg
your generosity, and took all my offers .....

Noone wants to pay the 50% fee on bigger offers just to
complete a darn task, yet ppl can't understand my offers
and just take a few to do the task, if they're even on that
task, or just leave for others. I made them so they should
be @ the bottom of the Offers list, so noone has to look
at 5 pages of 5:5 offers, looking for other offers. No, they
take all 50+ offers themselves.

The moral here is if you see such silly offers, from a player
thats obviously not CH 1-2 , maybee there's a reason. Just
leave those for players that might need for a Event task.
( or I guess you need'd 250 gems so badly, you were ok
with paying a 80% bump )

I mean , really, this is sorta halarious......
a task that seems on the surface to be non-confrontational,
yet for many ppl, can be just as problematic as scouting or
finishing a province.
Have you ever tried to mail one of you still active neighbors? Ask him or her to post some really small 0-star trades (so they won't get taken). I bet most players are willing to help you out. Still might take a day to complete, so I do agree, this can be a problem for some players. In those cases, support might be willing to help.

BrinDarby

@Glandeh ,
This has been an increasing problem for a few years now.
Event tasks with no "or", that major slices of the playerbase
just can't reliably do. Whether its end-game players, casual
players, early CH players, or solo players, there's always some
tasks that are almost impossible in a reasonable amount of
time or the time allotted. Even something as simple as gain
relics can be just as difficult, because having to rely on the
MA..... when the MA cue is soooo bloated, it can take days
to get the right crafting to show up.

Support ?? thats a joke .... We constantly give feedback on
problematic event tasks, and they still are there, Support
just says, sry nothing we can do, talk to the Devs. :rolleyes:
Messaging a non FS neighbor is about as easy as contacting
another intelligent species in the galaxy/universe.:eek:
0-star that won't get taken ?? but they do, and by 1 person.

I'm not into the "daily" tasks yet, but have been stuck on
task #52 for 2 days now. Its beyond frustrating, & dumb.
It shouldn't take 2-3 days to do a non daily task.

I wasn't making a federal case about it, just pointing out
that there are other tasks just as incidious as BuyKP,
scouting/finishing a province, doing reg encounters ... that
players seem to overlook or treat as "not so bad".

No amount of "variable tasks" can prevent this. So the only
real solution is to create something like "sips, in the MA",
so that either with :diamond: or "sips" you could "Skip" an Event
task completely. At 100 diamonds per task, the current one
would cost 80x100= 8000 diamonds. 11k diamonds costs
79.99, if you just skipp'd everything. But if you win a couple
of these "event task sips", then when that 1-2 tasks ya just
can't do comes up, there's an easy workaround. I might
grumble about it, but even I'd pay 100d each, to skip 2-3
pesky tasks.

Glandeh, my hope was .... in a hahaha way, to get more
ppl to think a bit before they blindly do something. When
you see stupid offers, maybe take a closer look. I don't
think an established player is gonna post 60 offers at
the game's min value, at 0 stars without a good reason.
You're prolly not helping them by taking all thier offers.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
'solve 9 tourney/spire/world map encounter'

Why change this form 8 to 9?? It used to be another number but from mass feedback it was changed to 8. 8 being a multiple of four which the spire is built on. 8 made infinity more sense and ease of use. And it was well received by the player base. .... so... i guess that had to be changed?? Cant have a happy player base? Just that little change from 8 to 9. Just enough to screw some ppl up. - Yes, its not the worst thing to happen (by far considering recent changes.) But its the fact that someone in inno purposely when in, found something that was working, and just had to change it. And not some mass change, or rework, or balancing thing... just a little change that really serves no purpose.. other then to annoy ppl.

Count Rupert

Why change this form 8 to 9?? It used to be another number but from mass feedback it was changed to 8. 8 being a multiple of four which the spire is built on. 8 made infinity more sense and ease of use. And it was well received by the player base. .... so... i guess that had to be changed?? Cant have a happy player base? Just that little change from 8 to 9. Just enough to screw some ppl up. - Yes, its not the worst thing to happen (by far considering recent changes.) But its the fact that someone in inno purposely when in, found something that was working, and just had to change it. And not some mass change, or rework, or balancing thing... just a little change that really serves no purpose.. other then to annoy ppl.
Oh but it does serve a purpose other than to annoy players. They are afterall a for profit company. You can be pretty sure that everything little change they make is done from the standpoint of what will make them profit. If something is working smoothly to the point where impatience players aren't spending money to make their game lives easier, it's something that needs to be tweaked. The trick is it shouldn't be too hard or too easy; just a slight edge to it. When it's too hard we get tweaks like they're doing with AW change. When it's too easy we get tweaks like you mentioned. My guess is too many players are running through the quest tree too quickly and it's affecting the bottom.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
If something is working smoothly to the point where impatience players aren't spending money to make their game lives easier, it's something that needs to be tweaked.
i prefer to look at it the other way. If a company is making changes just to annoy me, then i guarantee i wont spend a dime on them just on principle alone.

But if i see they are putting effort in to make the community happy and the game better, then ill consider it.

Count Rupert

i prefer to look at it the other way. If a company is making changes just to annoy me, then i guarantee i wont spend a dime on them just on principle alone.

But if i see they are putting effort in to make the community happy and the game better, then ill consider it.
Of course. Everyone is going to take the path that suits their situation. What makes one happy might not make someone else happy. It's all a numbers game. It's going to be rare they can make everyone happy. One thing we sometimes forget is the denizens of the forum is a fairly small percentage of the overall players. We're passionate, loud, and opinionated. And we tend to speak that we represent the "community" when all too often we only represent the forum community. There's a large hidden majority who are largely ambivalent. Inno can see the numbers. They can see what effect any change they makes has on the overall community and they make adjustments accordingly. Where there are times we overplay our hand because we do not have those numbers. Inno would argue they are putting in the effort to make the game better and the community happy while at the same time making a profit that allows them to keep the lights on and continue trying to improve the game. They aren't perfect, but who among us is. The point is they are doing things; whether you agree with what they're doing is for you to decide. If they were mailing it in to milk out the remaining life in the game, we wouldn't be getting new chapters, buildings, and sets.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas

several quests later, they had the same thing but 'solve 7' ... -_-

Meadowlark

As a newer player I got hung up a long time on the gain/use 9 enchantments quest. I was able to upgrade my magic academy to level 3 with free diamonds, but it still takes a really long time to make enchantments. I ended up getting all relics for neighborly help and have a limited number of enchantments gained from past neighborly help to use.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Thank you, great feedback. I have been banging my head on this particular door since this quest was introduced.

Fayeanne

Regarding the gain enchantments, I noticed that for at least one such quest this event, winning them in the Tournament counted even though the quest text said "Create". So that's a handy way to get them for that quest without having to make them in the Magic Academy.

Meadowlark

Regarding the gain enchantments, I noticed that for at least one such quest this event, winning them in the Tournament counted even though the quest text said "Create". So that's a handy way to get them for that quest without having to make them in the Magic Academy.
Unfortunately I'm in chapter 2 and can't do the tourney yet.

Pheryll

Set Designer
The incompetence in the dev room continues, as quest 38 was not adjusted, despite all the complaints on Beta about it. It still requires either completing a research or a scout, so a lot of end-game players will be even more upset with Inno.
Now a rumor is circulating that a Dutch CM revealed that the quest was intended as a way of forcing end-game players to use time instants.

Myne

Oh Wise One
Now a rumor is circulating that a Dutch CM revealed that the quest was intended as a way of forcing end-game players to use time instants.
Yep I already figured that one out. Seems MANY of their changes are designed to make us use things we want to hoard and save for what WE want to do with them. Well, that and slowing us down.

TimeMachine

Sometimes I like laughing at myself while playing Elvenar. :D

I've just experienced that those quests that ask to collect for example Sentinent Goods, can easily be solved by trading Sentinent Goods.
Of course this seems pretty clear but I can imagine that some fellows will boost productions to solve those quests - definitely not necessary.

I really like the impact those quests are having on the market. Nice One INNO! ;)

I was just able to reach the quest-lock in one of my cities.

This Event seems definetly easier for those who do not need to scout very long and/or have lots of provinces already scouted (important thing in general in Events).
I mean I don't have a problem to spend 60 or 90 hours of boosters to unlock the next province in my higher-chapter-cities but three times in a row?

Seems a little hard to me, regarding Quest 65, that asks for 20 Relics followed by Quest 67, that asks to negotiate 9 encounters (this could of course be spire and tournament encounters too - but tournament hasn't started yet and spire is already finished. :D) and finally Quest 68, that asks for 7 or 8 encounters on the world map only.
I guess this selection was designed to be perceived as "hard" or ""very hard" by the players.

Every Event I played had somthing like this in it but the level seems to be rising.
Maybe nice for a few players that asked for being more challenged in events. But maybe overhelming for a, in comparison, greater number of players, especially them endgamers I guess.

At last one positive aspect, I really like the design of them new buildings.
My favourite is The Banshee Bramble, where Banshees are trained by a big bee!

I was working in a garden wit lots of big blooming alpine roses in it, saw a lot of bumblebees and listened to their buzzing sounds the last days in real life. Playing the Event after working rounded off my days. :)

Last edited: