• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Can I sell the portal and keep the goods?

MagicPagan

I'm on the last tech in Woodelves - just need the KP and mana to unlock it. I have the wood ghosts, wind chimes and treant sprouts I need after I get the KP and mana.

I could use that space for FA. Can I sell the portal now and keep the goods?

Zoof

All guest race goods are kept even if you sell off the portal. So yes you do keep them. If you exit the chapter in the meantime, you'll not be able to see it, but you can still use it.

The same goes for every guest race you've ever played. Also, if you ever wanted to see how many of that guest race's resources you had, you can rebuild the corresponding portal, take a gander, then resell it. The fact that it'll tell you it's overflowing with goods it can't possibly hold doesn't matter much; you still have it
That trick also works for when you suddenly get a quest to sell a portal you've already sold. Rebuild it, then sell it.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
You can also write Support, and ask nicely. This is a low priority item, so if it's one of those weeks where something is broken, you may have to wait a bit. But then again, you read the Forum, so you'll know.

MagicPagan

All guest race goods are kept even if you sell off the portal. So yes you do keep them. If you exit the chapter in the meantime, you'll not be able to see it, but you can still use it.

The same goes for every guest race you've ever played. Also, if you ever wanted to see how many of that guest race's resources you had, you can rebuild the corresponding portal, take a gander, then resell it. The fact that it'll tell you it's overflowing with goods it can't possibly hold doesn't matter much; you still have it
That trick also works for when you suddenly get a quest to sell a portal you've already sold. Rebuild it, then sell it.
Good to know, thank you.

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
I'm on the last tech in Woodelves - just need the KP and mana to unlock it. I have the wood ghosts, wind chimes and treant sprouts I need after I get the KP and mana.

I could use that space for FA. Can I sell the portal now and keep the goods?
You can. I personally wait until all my new roads are upgraded though. It's lots of extra culture. You can do it either way you want.

Flashfyre

The only downside to selling the portal near the end of the chapter, instead of when you're actually in the next one, is the potential to not have enough portal goods to continue upgrading things after you've left. Roads are the best example here, since many players don't upgrade all their roads each chapter. As such, if you've moved into a new chapter, and need new roads, you may not be able to build the best ones due to a lack of portal goods.

You can, if needed, re-build a given portal and production buildings to re-stock, but that costs space, something you might not have in abundance. Better to fill your current portal to the max before clearing away the guest race settlement, which should tide you over.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
JUST an FYI there is usually a Quest to sell the Portal and gain items even Diamonds, but you can always build the Dwarves portal and sell it to complete the quest.

Ed
that's the easiest way to handle that quest. I did that for a later chapter as well.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
The only downside to selling the portal near the end of the chapter, instead of when you're actually in the next one, is the potential to not have enough portal goods to continue upgrading things after you've left. Roads are the best example here, since many players don't upgrade all their roads each chapter. As such, if you've moved into a new chapter, and need new roads, you may not be able to build the best ones due to a lack of portal goods.

You can, if needed, re-build a given portal and production buildings to re-stock, but that costs space, something you might not have in abundance. Better to fill your current portal to the max before clearing away the guest race settlement, which should tide you over.
That's true, but thankfully, the later chapters don't require guest race goods for roads. So one could just skip upgrading through those chapters until they got to, say, greenery streets or beyond that.

Flashfyre

That's true, but thankfully, the later chapters don't require guest race goods for roads. So one could just skip upgrading through those chapters until they got to, say, greenery streets or beyond that.
You are correct, but I (and I suspect many others just entering into the guest races) wasn't aware of the problem until it bit me: I never fully upgraded my roads in Dwarves or Fairies, keeping a mix of the 3 (basic roads about half) until I got close to Orcs. Then, seeing the culture potential, I started a massive road building project. However, I was too impatient to move into the chapter, and I lost track of my Fairy portal goods, which I had not stocked fully. Suddenly, I ran out of Fairy goods to continue road upgrades, and had to wait until I opened up the Orc road to complete my project.

And I was pleasantly surprised to find out that soon I could upgrade by using mana, something that wasn't dependent on the portal goods.

**Edited to correct my error in the guest race sequence; I originally had Orcs before Fairies.

Last edited: