• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Can I start over? delete city? or move expansions?

DeletedUser61

We do indeed seem to have contrary views on most things, and we are both comfortable with hyperbole. As such, working as a team, we can bookend most discussions, which leaves plenty of room in the middle for folks with mixed preferences.

At the moment I'm not happy about two aspects of the game development:
  1. Visitations are far too clumsy. I'd prefer something similar to the current Global Roster, wherein clicking on the Host's rank takes you to THEIR line in the Global Rank list. I'd like to see something similar for the Shield and a new Notification Icon, with dynamic "hands" and, for discovered neighbors, trade symbols as well, that would both take you to the city AND activate the buff icons.
  2. The map consolidation is still terrible. We need to delete or archive ALL inactive players, even if they have a fancy city and/or are sponsored by a premium account. Cities that are active, but isolated, need to be shifted toward the center of the world map BEFORE new players are added.
Otherwise things are going pretty much as I had hoped they would, and I'm especially pleased by the Æsthetics of the game, although nobody has ever pretended that Dwarves have much regard for elegance.

DeletedUser

Hi, Steve, and welcome. I wanted to take a peek at your city before replying, but the server is down at the moment...

...There's really no rule as to "less is more" or anything else. Katwijk tends to have a unique playing style, where he rations his clicking.

If you want to progress as quickly as possible, there are strategies available to maximize everything except builders. If you're ever going to spend any money in the game, buy a builder...or two...or three. It's possible to progress with two, but the pace is leisurely and you'll want to have plenty of other things to do while you can't play Elvenar!

Do join a fellowship and only produce boosted goods. In my opinion, do cycle through your quests so that you are completing a quest every time you produce goods, upgrade a building, complete an encounter/province...Unless it's tedious and no fun.

We're happy to help with specific strategy questions - you can post them here or message. Good luck!

Thank you for the advice, I have joined a fellowship and found that it helps to take the edge off from being bored, (Watching the paint dry) At the time of my first post I did not notice that you could click on the neighboring city's and give help to your neighbors while earning extra coinage. I have since gained some knowledge about the fight scenes also, Witch makes the game more enjoyable now that I am actually winning the majority of the fights I do decide to take on, I do seem to learn something about the game just about every time I play now, I am sure that over time I will get a better understanding of just what Katwijk is talking about and might even get an understanding of why he tries to limit his clicks as I try to zone my areas also so I can run through and pick up gained supplies with one click as well, My biggest problem now seems to be that I never have enough population to be able to upgrade buildings because upgrading residents does not seem to help with the population required for upgrading the amount of supply buildings I am trying to maintain to max them out to gain the upgrades needed to gain population, So in that respect I understand why he says that this is where the fun begins!

DeletedUser

Thank you for the advice, I have joined a fellowship and found that it helps to take the edge off from being bored, (Watching the paint dry) At the time of my first post I did not notice that you could click on the neighboring city's and give help to your neighbors while earning extra coinage. I have since gained some knowledge about the fight scenes also, Witch makes the game more enjoyable now that I am actually winning the majority of the fights I do decide to take on, I do seem to learn something about the game just about every time I play now, I am sure that over time I will get a better understanding of just what Katwijk is talking about and might even get an understanding of why he tries to limit his clicks as I try to zone my areas also so I can run through and pick up gained supplies with one click as well, My biggest problem now seems to be that I never have enough population to be able to upgrade buildings because upgrading residents does not seem to help with the population required for upgrading the amount of supply buildings I am trying to maintain to max them out to gain the upgrades needed to gain population, So in that respect I understand why he says that this is where the fun begins!
I should have more than this, but no one quite understands what Katwijk is talking about.

DeletedUser61

Once the initial infatuation wears off, you'll be very grateful for a city that thrives on its own, without demanding constant attention.

Clicking like mad, or any other activity that you run into the ground, quickly leads to irritation and breakups and burnout. Elvenar is no different.