• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Casual Tournament Participation Strategy

• Thread starter DeletedUser6372
  • Start date

DeletedUser6372

Okay, so not everyone can do 10x provinces fully completed. We get that. However, that doesn't mean you are stuck doing a single star in a single province and riding out your FS's rewards on 30 points either. There's several things even new members can do to participate in a Tournament and provide a real benefit to the FS as a whole.

First off, a lot of the old guides and strategies focused on a single province, and completing it. This is no longer viable, with the drastic change to tournaments that happened a few months back. Older players remembering the old rules will still occasionally make suggestions of this nature, but fortunately, it simply isn't true anymore.

But what is useful, and not particularly challenging at all, is consistent participation.

Let me show you what I'm talking about:

Let's say the tournament isn't your boosted, but you still want to contribute to your FS's progress. Pick three tournaments, probably the first three on your list (although not always, depending on your expansion progress) and one round per day in each of these.

This will net you 3 tournaments with 5 stars each. You don't need to do the silly timing to get the sixth province, just all part of the daily grind. Since you're already likely visiting your FS members daily, it is no additional imposition on your timing or schedule.

And what does it get you? Quite a lot, actually.

Each province you hit 5 stars in will net you 210 FS tournament points. So with three of them, that's 630 points you contribute to your FS.

So what does 630 points net your fellowship?

Well, let's put it this way: If 20 members each get 630 points, that is a total of 12,600 points. That puts the FS at least than a thousand away from Chest number 6. If the top five people get a couple extra provinces, or if you have all 25 members participate in this way, you've got it.

And with Chest #6, you get the following:

25 KP to EVERYONE.
14 relics of that type
4 random runes
Some spells

Plus let us not forget your personal rewards:

13 KP
2 runes
3 rune shards
25 relics of that type
and some spells

So total, you get:

38 KP
39 relics
6 runes
3 rune shards
and some spells

That is NOT shabby for the investment you put in.

But wait, you want more? Sure, I can show you how to get more

Let's start off by maxing out your KP rewards on a budget. We'll start off Round 1 with 5 provinces. We continue with this participation until Round 4. In round 5, only do 4 provinces.

You get, personally,

27 KP
4 runes
3 shards
47 relics
and some spells

Plus 996 tournament points. If everyone does that, and someone goes all five rounds with five provinces, that's chest number 8 right there. Which nets the entire FS the following:

45 KP
20 relics
6 runes
plus some spells

For your personal grand total benefit of:

72 KP !!!
10 runes!
3 shards
67 relics
plus more spells than you can shake a stick at. Enough that you could probably always have your workshops and big culture on enchantment nonstop.

This isn't a crazy pie-in-the-sky and certainly isn't a 'leets only' strategy. This is a simple and solid way for EVERYONE to contribute EQUALLY. Without making you wake up in the middle of the night to get your tournament on. Just do them daily, along with your visits, and you'll do just fine. Neither of these strategies require anyone to cap out any provinces at all. It DOES, however, require EVERYONE to participate equally.

DeletedUser7370

Using your first strategy of going only 3 provinces would take only about 2 squads of troops for then entire week. Even players with the worst barracks should be able to develop that much.

DeletedUser6372

Using your first strategy of going only 3 provinces would take only about 2 squads of troops for then entire week. Even players with the worst barracks should be able to develop that much.
Precisely! These are not unattainable goals, even for casual players. These are simple, realistic goals with significant rewards associated with them if everyone participates.

I'll be honest, if your fellowship actively seeks tournament play, I'd suggest the first be the 'minimum participation' for the fellowship, with the second being the 'recommended'. That should consistently hit somewhere between Chest 6 and 8, likely hitting 7 on a regular basis, with no real imposition to anyone.

This is something even a more casual guild actually can accomplish if they want to. And the rewards are significant. 38 KP a week from a couple squads of troops? You'd have to be pretty crazy to NOT want that trade!

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Well, let's put it this way: If 20 members each get 630 points, that is a total of 12,600 points. That puts the FS at least than a thousand away from Chest number 6. If the top five people get a couple extra provinces, or if you have all 25 members participate in this way, you've got it.

I've been testing out this strategy in the current planks tournament (not my boost), and overall it seems to work with minimal impact on my troops. But this math is confusing to me. I hovered over the 10th chest and it says: Effort needed: 8000. So, if 20 members do this, it appears to me the FS would open the 10th chest. Since I have yet to see our FS open the 4th chest (we're young; highest score under 40,000; 12 of the 23 members with scores under 10,000) I may be missing something that's obvious to others.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I've been testing out this strategy in the current planks tournament (not my boost), and overall it seems to work with minimal impact on my troops. But this math is confusing to me. I hovered over the 10th chest and it says: Effort needed: 8000. So, if 20 members do this, it appears to me the FS would open the 10th chest. Since I have yet to see our FS open the 4th chest (we're young; highest score under 40,000; 12 of the 23 members with scores under 10,000) I may be missing something that's obvious to others.

The amount listed under each chest is the amount for that specific stage, it is not a cumulative amount. It is for display reasons they have done it this way. They had mentioned they were open to suggestions to present this differently.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Thanks so much, Mykan. I'm going to read the tournaments portion of your guide now to wrap my head around how all this works before presenting it to my FS. This does look like a strategy that I can coax our lower level members to try. My thought is that if I can get them participating and seeing benefits, they will participate more and everyone benefits. We are not an FS that cares much about rank (my personal motivator is wanting pretty buildings, lol) but tournaments seem to be a resource we are under-utilizing dreadfully.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Let's start off by maxing out your KP rewards on a budget. We'll start off Round 1 with 5 provinces. We continue with this participation until Round 4. In round 5, only do 4 provinces.

I'm back again, lol. Trying to wrap my brain around this. I got the 'do 5 rounds of 3 provinces, get 630 points' Some members are now ready to up their tournament game and are asking for a new goal to work toward. I think this one is saying do '5 rounds of 4 provinces and 4 rounds in the 5th province, get 996 points'. I've been doing way more than this in all the tournaments, reaching 1500-2000 points in my boosted (and they're all in the mid 600% range now!) and 1000-1500 non-boosted, but I need a simple formula for other members to follow. Any help is appreciated.

Socrates28

If more new players would read and understand this then many of our FS's would be considered a booming success instead of something else. It goes back to the idea of many hands make light work, and this is a prime example of it. Tournaments are not a punishment. They are a means to developing one's city in a relatively easy manner. Like you said, Who does not want the extra KP for a few squads of troops?:)

DeletedUser20951

Low tournament participation really chaps my hide, especially because of how beneficial it is for each player to take part in. Had someone, think it was the month before last, ask to join and I figured, "Why not?"... Well, they were quiet (SCORE), seemed to be active daily and constantly growing, had around forty thousand points, posted trades regularly, but did not do a single tournament round, so, after intermittently prodding them a bit about this for a few weeks in the chatbox, which was ignored, I booted 'em. While only four at the most, it bothered me far more than anything else I've encountered, seeing the fellowship chests I can muster not be claimed.

kctanzen

"Better" tourney play (scoring and/or rewards) is a measure of patience.
Rapid changes typically require a big commitment of resources and major city re-construction.
So gradual change is the key and you will realize in a couple of months . "Wow, a couple of months ago all I could do was manage maybe 600 points, now with about the same effort I am getting 1000+"

First suggestion ----
Never, ever, ever take a squad size tech upgrade unless you have to -- this drastically hurts tourney ability because the enemy squad size if primarily a function of how big your squad size is to begin. The battles themselves are the same, loss rates are pretty much static across the board, and it boils down to being able to replace troop losses while the tourney is taking place.

Second suggestion ----
Comes down to how many provinces folks have available of a particular type. Provinces cleared on the map of that type = provinces potentially available for tourney battles. Rounds 1 & 2 are quite manageable battles well into page 3 even and page 2, round 2 is pretty much my favorite spot in the tourney. From province 10 forward, the rewards each round are the same. Round 1 is a Power of Provision spell and round 2 is 5 KP, usable for wonders or research. If folks have 16 provinces available and over the course of the week do 2 rounds of them .. that is 1056 point AND 53 KP, just from the individual rewards. There is an excellent tourney calculator on the gems page.. (https://elvengems.com/tournament/tournament-calculator/) Even if you don't need to use PoP for workshop buffs, they make excellent fragments for crafting and can be instant mana if you have a dragon abbey.

Third suggestion -- (this one is more of a long term approach for sure)
Review wonder list for wonders that make the most sense for your play style -- Monastery and Needles are pretty much 'must haves' for consistent tourney play and they also help overall with the map battles too. More health from Monastery (Sanctuary for humans) and faster tbarracks roop training + harder hitting light range bonus helps a lot.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Never, ever, ever take a squad size tech upgrade unless you have to -- this drastically hurts tourney ability because the enemy squad size if primarily a function of how big your squad size is to begin.
Agreed. Just to add to this, don't think you can take the SS upgrades and just cater tourney encounters. The catering formula also has your squad size as a multiplier in the calculations of how many goods it will cost you. SS upgrades help on the world map (how many encounters do you complete there each week?) and make tourneys more expensive (compare the number of encounters/week you do in tourneys to the number from the world map; tourneys are way more). SS upgrades have no bearing on the cost to negotiate world map encounters. So, fight tourneys, negotiate the world map...