• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Cauldron Question

elvenbee

Are we only able to do 1 Potion per week? When I click on the Cauldron after doing a potion today that has already expired, this is the screen I get.

Attachments

• Cauldron1.png
    Cauldron1.png
    499.9 KB · Views: 42
  • Cauldron2.png
    Cauldron2.png
    213.9 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

Flashfyre

You can only brew 1 time (and drink from as many goblets as you have). Once that potion is drunk (and all the successful effects are in play), you are then able to do research to make future brews stronger or last longer.

Porcinus

I applied more witch points in that magical tax increase thing. However i cannot see where the coins or other items production will increase - the Golden Abyss and Workshops etc dont show any different bonus numbers.
Also, will the taxes be applied next week or can i reduce them? Are they set by the potions somehow?
I have no idea how the potion(s) i made on the first screen got made or affected this second screen. is there a page that shows the potion recipes? when is the best time to make them? is there a guide or are you guys making this up as you go along?

bkbajb

Go into your residence, ws and hover over the icon (gold, supplies) It shows potion effect boost. If it is not there then something went wrong while brewing

Killy-

@Porcinus You need to brew a potion that triggers those effects you just increased next week (or whenever) . You don't get anything right away from these upgrades, they only make future potions stronger. The costs for more witchpoints only goes down, if you get new diploma, in case that is what you meant with taxes?

Porcinus

@Porcinus You need to brew a potion that triggers those effects you just increased next week (or whenever) . You don't get anything right away from these upgrades, they only make future potions stronger. The costs for more witchpoints only goes down, if you get new diploma, in case that is what you meant with taxes?
The upgrades only affect potions? Thats not what i understand from reading the descriptions of upgrades. They seem to say the troops wil be stronger or the production of gold and goods and tools will be increased.
Go into your residence, ws and hover over the icon (gold, supplies) It shows potion effect boost. If it is not there then something went wrong while brewing
Thanks. My residences only show a culture bonus.

Killy-

The upgrades only affect potions? Thats not what i understand from reading the descriptions of upgrades. They seem to say the troops wil be stronger or the production of gold and goods and tools will be increased.
Yeah, I guess the text doesn't specify that, but those upgrades are only for the potions.

Porcinus

Update: now i see for the potions i created a new line in the relevant production "potion effect boost". it works in the mana generating buildings and also the manufactories, so far.
the cauldron/potion thing seems like a lot of clicking and fuss over an insignificant effect, at least for the case of manufacturing goods. the relic boost and magical manufacturing effects are far more lucrative. as far as i know the potion effects arent cumulative or compounding, they are calculated from the base production rate.

Moho

Chef
the cauldron/potion thing seems like a lot of clicking and fuss over an insignificant effect
The effect may not be that big, but I don't think there is excessive clicking. For me it takes a minute or two to obtain (or fail to obtain) the effect I look for. I did some "research" when the cauldron hit the live worlds and I don't plan to make any more donations in this field.

It looks similar to the Twilight Phoenix building. It may not be a game changer, but it does help me save a number of troops and the effort to make use of it is a minimal one - so I always use it.

All these are mere small tools to make the game slightly easier or more fun (or both). Depending on their playstyle, people can either choose to fiddle with these features or simply ignore them.

Smooper

I guess the amount of fiddling is relative. An expiring military building requires you to craft it and then place it. You then enjoy a 25% bonus and it last for 5 days. No fiddling, good reward. Cauldron...not so much.

I think the high chapters could have a different opinion of this one. They have the time and supplies/goods to make it lucrative.

free-spirit

I guess the amount of fiddling is relative. An expiring military building requires you to craft it and then place it. You then enjoy a 25% bonus and it last for 5 days. No fiddling, good reward. Cauldron...not so much.

I think the high chapters could have a different opinion of this one. They have the time and supplies/goods to make it lucrative.
You don't need a lot of supplies or goods to get some benefits.

Each ingredient either increases or decreases your chance of any particular effect. Once you've decided which effect you want to try for, toss in the ingredients that increase the chance and avoid the ones that decrease it.

You can make it more complex by also adding items that decrease the odds of effects you don't want (provided they don't also reduce the odds of the one you do), but you don't have to get that technical.

I put in minimal thought each week and have had great success. @The Fairy has posted some charts that show exactly which effect each item increases or decreases the odds of in this thread.

I also used one full run of coins to level my favorite perk the first week. I think I got it up to level 30 or 40 right away.

Smooper

You don't need a lot of supplies or goods to get some benefits.

Each ingredient either increases or decreases your chance of any particular effect. Once you've decided which effect you want to try for, toss in the ingredients that increase the chance and avoid the ones that decrease it.

You can make it more complex by also adding items that decrease the odds of effects you don't want (provided they don't also reduce the odds of the one you do), but you don't have to get that technical.

I put in minimal thought each week and have had great success. @The Fairy has posted some charts that show exactly which effect each item increases or decreases the odds of in this thread.

I also used one full run of coins to level my favorite perk the first week. I think I got it up to level 30 or 40 right away.
By great results do you mean 3.5% barracks troop attack bonus for 4 hrs? I consider that a lot of fiddling for little profit. Again, during the second stage a city with lots of extra goods/supplies/gold can up this percentage over a period of time to make it worthwhile. At the start of chapter 11 and I do not have these things to pour into the cauldron (which has a chance to give me a bonus I didn't want).

Silly Bubbles

You cant pop them all
By great results do you mean 3.5% barracks troop attack bonus for 4 hrs? I consider that a lot of fiddling for little profit. Again, during the second stage a city with lots of extra goods/supplies/gold can up this percentage over a period of time to make it worthwhile. At the start of chapter 11 and I do not have these things to pour into the cauldron (which has a chance to give me a bonus I didn't want).

It's a bonus that I didn't have before so I think it's great. And yes, it's much easier to upgrade effects in later chapters when it's cheaper and resources are easier to get. I still consider it less fiddling then other features in the game as it's a once-a-week feature. Don't get me started on manual fights, that's definitely a lot of fiddling. But I suppose that each one of us has a different opinion on what's too much fiddling or what's worth out effort. All it matters that we only do the fiddling that we enjoy. :)

free-spirit

Even a small city can up the percentage of any perk pretty quickly. I have cities in a bunch of different chapters. You don't need to use anything but coins or supplies, which everyone has a surplus of at some point. It takes about 2 minutes. I think even a free 3% would be worth taking the 2 minutes, especially knowing you can increase the value of each perk slowly over time.

Porcinus

I think even a free 3% would be worth taking the 2 minutes, especially knowing you can increase the value of each perk slowly over time.
Yes they do seem to start at the last value, ratcheting up. Thats a very nice feature!

Don't get me started on manual fights, that's definitely a lot of fiddling. But I suppose that each one of us has a different opinion on what's too much fiddling or what's worth out effort. All it matters that we only do the fiddling that we enjoy.
true. i love the manual fights