• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

changes to the MA offerings

defiantoneks

i like the new changes, somewhat. but i was surprised to see TWO slots taken by catalyst. is this a bug? normal? new feature? do we expect the "standard" slots to change?
Screen Shot 2023-08-18 at 7.09.32 PM.png

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
i like the new changes, somewhat. but i was surprised to see TWO slots taken by catalyst. is this a bug? normal? new feature? do we expect the "standard" slots to change?

Nope, that is correct and been that way since they were added, what, a year or so ago Or longer? I don't remember any more, but I am happy every time both show up together, as I gladly craft them both.

defiantoneks

i've seen each separately, but always saw cats in second slot (i think) and instants in the middle. maybe i'm mixing it up. just never had two spots taken at once.

Glandeh

I like the new unit boosters, but think the fields are way too expensive. Much better use for RR that to dump them in crafting. Perhaps a catering city with a fully upgrade BTG can use these, but I can not. Same for recipes that need artifacts.

Dhurrin

I have seen both offers, but never at the same time. Kinda sucky.
And what the heck is up with the first offer? I haven't seen any offers that use up RR spells before. It's not as if those are so common one would want to use them to craft something that looks to be an expiring building.

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
I like the new unit boosters, but think the fields are way too expensive. Much better use for RR that to dump them in crafting. Perhaps a catering city with a fully upgrade BTG can use these, but I can not. Same for recipes that need artifacts.
BTG lover, catering city. . . I can absolutely use the fields they are all pretty wonderful, imo. They are not 4 RR wonderful. I will never, same with the recipes that use artifacts.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
BTG lover, catering city. . . I can absolutely use the fields they are all pretty wonderful, imo. They are not 4 RR wonderful. I will never, same with the recipes that use artifacts.
Agreed. A blue print is worth 300 diamonds. And it can make 10 RRs. From this, you can extrapolate that the value of a single RR is 30 diamonds. So the Fields are costing you 120 diamonds worth of resources to make! There are so many better things you can do in the game with 120 diamonds. Even if you merely spend the diamonds on extra guesses in the spire (which I think is inefficient unless you are guaranteed to get it right on the extra guess) you would probably come out ahead.

Glandeh

Agreed. A blue print is worth 300 diamonds. And it can make 10 RRs. From this, you can extrapolate that the value of a single RR is 30 diamonds. So the Fields are costing you 120 diamonds worth of resources to make! There are so many better things you can do in the game with 120 diamonds. Even if you merely spend the diamonds on extra guesses in the spire (which I think is inefficient unless you are guaranteed to get it right on the extra guess) you would probably come out ahead.
Just like I expected. If even cateringcities don't want thewm, then what's the use? Please remove this clutter ASAP from the MA crafting list. Perhaps it's time for a sixth crafting slot in the MA to compensate for all new things. It could be a random pick, or a random (but different) pick from the buildings first, then one from the time boosters, etc. As there are 5 slots, different extras would become available at different times.

Genefer

I love the fields too, but 4 RRs is extreme, but the Red Begonia would tempt me. I think the smarter and more profitable choice would have been to reactivate the boost with the standard culture upgrade. Personally, I would upgrade all my fields for 1 RR each.

I am not pleased with the increased cost of Pet Food - I have not yet encountered the spell frag craft, but 3 catalysts and 5 relics is expensive.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
cant say im a fan of these petfood for artifacts recipes. No way in hell id ever do that. Evenif it were for 20 pet foods i still wouldnt.

The new pet food recipe that requires relics.. from what iv seen so far, requires the t3 relic. The one we naturally have the least amount of. They couldnt have made it a t1 relic? Then it might be nice.

Im all for more petfoods, but it still has to be done the right way.

Flashfyre

The new pet food recipe that requires relics.. from what iv seen so far, requires the t3 relic. The one we naturally have the least amount of. They couldnt have made it a t1 relic? Then it might be nice.
I've got a pet food recipe that needs 3 CCs and 5 Scrolls relics. Considering I have 1795 of those relics, using 5 for a pet food isn't going to hurt.
As for T3 relics, I have 2000+ Elixir and Gems, and 1000+ Dust, so I don't think it's going to be an issue using 5 of them for some pet food production.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One

The pet food recipes that use relics have always been in there. They are not new. The only thing that changed on them was going from needing 2 CCs, to needing 3. They have always required 5 relics.

Pheryll

Set Designer
The mellow feast is the only addition that I really like. It's cost is hefty (5 CCs for a 1x1 building) but its population density is greater than a magic residence. It perfectly replaces the rainbow flower cages I place at the corner's of my Krarak, Kirit set.

Dhurrin

The changes in the MA have been noticeble for me. I now see multiple offers for pet-food every day, where I already have a pretty significant stock despite a steady use.
However, I have not seen ANY military boosterbuildings so far. Not the old ones, not the new ones, despite regular use of the Sips to get new recipes. So though there now are more such buildings, which I would expect to increase the chance of seeing one, that chance seems to have gone down.
I'll have to wait and see over a bit longer period of time how that works out.

The 1x1 temp buildings are nice, but at a cost of 4 RR spells the price is way too steep.

The increased number of CC-spells is no issue for me, nor should it be for any advanced players, but for smaller/newer players that may be an issue as for smaller cities there just aren't as many easy sources and there is no chance of getting multiple moonstone-lib sets and the Spire can be very taxing on smaller cities.

StarLoad

The increased number of CC-spells is no issue for me, nor should it be for any advanced players, but for smaller/newer players that may be an issue as for smaller cities there just aren't as many easy sources and there is no chance of getting multiple moonstone-lib sets and the Spire can be very taxing on smaller cities.
The issue of the increased cost of CC usage does seem to be a bit of an unfair burden on smaller and medium-sized cities especially newer ones.
I am hearing this from my FS members and I have seen it on my Alt account in chapter 11 after crafting like crazy for the last few months. That account is down to the teens in CC spells and dropping. Sustained crafting may not be an option for many now just making more of the "Have and Have-nots"