• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

changes to the MA offerings

Dhurrin

The issue of the increased cost of CC usage does seem to be a bit of an unfair burden on smaller and medium-sized cities especially newer ones.
I am hearing this from my FS members and I have seen it on my Alt account in chapter 11 after crafting like crazy for the last few months. That account is down to the teens in CC spells and dropping. Sustained crafting may not be an option for many now just making more of the "Have and Have-nots"
Exactly. On Beta I'm in the Amuni chapter, so not exactly a beginning chapter anymore. And yet, in order to be able to keep crafting I have to cook CC-spells in my MA to the exclusion of anything else. And despite that my stock has gone down from 100+ to about 80 now.
Now due to some absences the last year my troops are nowhere near ready to make it to the top of the Spire every week, but that would likely be the case for smaller players too.

StarLoad

Exactly. On Beta I'm in the Amuni chapter, so not exactly a beginning chapter anymore. And yet, in order to be able to keep crafting I have to cook CC-spells in my MA to the exclusion of anything else. And despite that my stock has gone down from 100+ to about 80 now.
Now due to some absences the last year my troops are nowhere near ready to make it to the top of the Spire every week, but that would likely be the case for smaller players too.
Not only that, but the smaller players will likely not get a full level 10 Star Serpent, the Tinlug, and the smaller cities get how many provinces to get a full use and extra CC spells. I will most likely get 2 full Tinlug's and since I get between 5,400 and 8,000 points in the tourney, I will get a good amount of CC's

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Not only that, but the smaller players will likely not get a full level 10 Star Serpent, the Tinlug, and the smaller cities get how many provinces to get a full use and extra CC spells. I will most likely get 2 full Tinlug's and since I get between 5,400 and 8,000 points in the tourney, I will get a good amount of CC's

If you have a level 10 serpent and feed it, then every 5 completed tournament encounters earns one CC. That means if you do a 20x5 tournament each week, you earn 20 CCs total. 20x5 is 4200 points, to compare to your normal numbers.

Dhurrin

If you have a level 10 serpent and feed it, then every 5 completed tournament encounters earns one CC. That means if you do a 20x5 tournament each week, you earn 20 CCs total. 20x5 is 4200 points, to compare to your normal numbers.
All true. Problem is, there will be very, very, very few newer, smaller players who will have a fully evolved Tinlug AND do 20 provinces each week.
As stated before, the increased cost will make crafting very much harder for smaller players, while Tinlug will make it even easier for larger players.

On my main account I have teleported all my Moonstone lib sets to make room for the chap 21 buildings and they won't be coming back afterwards. 1 Tinlug will need much less space and will give me more CCs for the tourney (30-35 provinces x 6 rounds) than 5 Moonstone lib sets.
So I will get more CC's than before, for much less space, for something I would be doing anyway. And since I do the tourney in 1 marathon setting anyway, it will come at the cost of 1 extra petfood, which hardly can be considered an issue since the changes in the MA have me crafting way more petfood than before.

However, smaller players will have a hard time crafting that much and will have a hard time doing a lot in both tourney and spire.
So while this change is very beneficial for late game / endgame players, not so much for newer ones.

Killy-

That's what the Moonstonelibs are actually really good at - producing fragments. Putting 5 Sets away will be almost 15k frags less per week.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
All true. Problem is, there will be very, very, very few newer, smaller players who will have a fully evolved Tinlug AND do 20 provinces each week.
As stated before, the increased cost will make crafting very much harder for smaller players, while Tinlug will make it even easier for larger players.

Then 10x5 for 10 free CCs each week, as long as they have the pet food to feed it 3 times per week. That is ridiculously easy, once the player has ten of each province type unlocked, which, if someone is not over-scouting, they would have 10 of each type about midway through chapter 5.

Count Rupert

While the changes bring an increase in the number of pet food, I can't help but wonder if I'm going to be paying the price for those pet food with a lack of military buildings (UUU, ELR, MMM). The changes brought a lot of new recipes that'll use the building slot. While I did get one of each of the new military buildings, I failed to replace the military buildings (one each UUU, ELR, MMM) I used in last week's tournament. I've always have had difficulty in maintaining enough military buildings and this appears to only worsen that problem.

Smooper

While the changes bring an increase in the number of pet food, I can't help but wonder if I'm going to be paying the price for those pet food with a lack of military buildings (UUU, ELR, MMM). The changes brought a lot of new recipes that'll use the building slot. While I did get one of each of the new military buildings, I failed to replace the military buildings (one each UUU, ELR, MMM) I used in last week's tournament. I've always have had difficulty in maintaining enough military buildings and this appears to only worsen that problem.
Yeah, I can't place them unless it is on a Wednesday to get double coverage.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
The pet food recipes that use relics have always been in there. They are not new. The only thing that changed on them was going from needing 2 CCs, to needing 3. They have always required 5 relics.
I dont think iv ever seen a petfood recipe that required relics before this. EVER. On either city. And i always make pet foods.
That being said, since making that post, i have seen the receipie show up a couple times requiring relics other then t3 ones. So thats at least something.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I dont think iv ever seen a petfood recipe that required relics before this. EVER. On either city. And i always make pet foods.
That being said, since making that post, i have seen the receipie show up a couple times requiring relics other then t3 ones. So thats at least something.

I don't know how that is possible because, until they added these crappy new ones that use artifacts, there were 10 recipes to make pet food and nine of them require CCs and relics.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
My smallest city doesn’t bother crafting CCs either because there’s not enough frags to do anything with them. I just collect them mostly from Spire team rewards.
I am getting a lot of the new expiring military buildings lately, but…I don’t really use Light Melee or Heavy Melee that much. The reason I don’t use them much isn’t because they are too weak, but they can’t reach anything in time. They are susceptible to obstacles, bad initiative, and no range. Therefore, buffing their strength doesn’t necessarily make them that much more useable methinks. Except Cerebus. He can reach things better with his high movement. I guess it’s better than nothing, but at cost of less buffs for Light Range and Mage buffs, which I use a lot of.

StarLoad

And I don't really need them with 909 CC currently and 700K in SF. But in smaller cities, it will create more imbalance.
Normally I go 24x6 minimum and if needed I can go 40x6, however, that starts to deplete troops. Even with boosters.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
My small Ch6 city doesn't really care about CCs because it's short on spell fragments. At this moment, CCs are coming out of my ears while I can't craft much because I don't have enough spell fragments. I started making other enchantments instead.
That was always my problem too, when I had a smaller city.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
My smallest city doesn’t bother crafting CCs either because there’s not enough frags to do anything with them. I just collect them mostly from Spire team rewards.

I am getting a lot of the new expiring military buildings lately, but…I don’t really use Light Melee or Heavy Melee that much. The reason I don’t use them much isn’t because they are too weak, but they can’t reach anything in time. They are susceptible to obstacles, bad initiative, and no range. Therefore, buffing their strength doesn’t necessarily make them that much more useable methinks. Except Cerebus. He can reach things better with his high movement. I guess it’s better than nothing, but at cost of less buffs for Light Range and Mage buffs, which I use a lot of.

I'm quite fond of the heavy ranged myself

Genefer

The increased number of CC-spells is no issue for me, nor should it be for any advanced players, but for smaller/newer players that may be an issue as for smaller cities there just aren't as many easy sources and there is no chance of getting multiple moonstone-lib sets and the Spire can be very taxing on smaller cities.

I'm not sure if my chap 16 city qualifies as advanced, because even though I climb the spire and collect 3 catalysts per day from my buildings the additional catalyst is costly for me. Or perhaps my city's priorities are simply different from yours - I do not like to have to create catalysts in my MA - the Endowments and Provisions are my priority.

I will craft the Pet Food, but I am not happy about the back handed Pet Food availability increase. 2 crafting opportunities for the cost of 3 Pet Food is not a better deal for players that are not as "advanced". Also, the Spell Frag crafting now requires a catalyst. The cost increase nearly negates the increased crafting opportunities.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
I don't know how that is possible because, until they added these crappy new ones that use artifacts, there were 10 recipes to make pet food and nine of them require CCs and relics.
all the oens i saw were alway cc and spell frags. It was only revently that i saw them starting to take relics.
... still better then the old fa's when inno tried making donating relics to a waypoint a thing....