• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Changes to the Tournament KP Awards

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Here is a video that shows the changes that are being made to the Tournament Awards.
I like this!
A Ten Chest fellowship now gets 135 KP, not 75! And they are paid out as Ancient Knowledge Instants, so you can spend them any time that suits you, without pressure.

This change is already in the Beta World and should reach the Live Worlds this week - if the usual practice applies, then it will come to EN ? International server on Tuesday 20th, and the other servers on Thursday 22nd.

If you wish to be notified when we post news like this in video form, check the Like & Subscribe boxes on YouTube.

You are welcome to share this video with all your friends who don't play on Beta!

Laochra

I have only gotten negative feedback from my fellowships. As there are only a small few that are in the advanced chapters, they would prefer to receive regular KP. Our tourneys are not mandatory, but we do try to push for a good turnout. In one FS, we got 5 chests one week & were rewarded with 15 KP. I don't see how that is going to help anyone rush through the tech tree. {smh + facepalm} These 'instants' can not be split, so you are forced into an all-or-nothing decision. Apparently, previously, players requested more KP in the tourney rewards. Instead of improving the game, Inno has taken that idea, claimed they are giving the players what they asked for, but have twisted it into something that players don't want. I surely didn't see too many Beta players praising this change.
So what if we can get 80% more--that's 80% of something we never wanted.
I became a hardcore fan of Elvenar back in July when I started playing--so much so, that I now have 6 cities. Changes like this compounded with the hourly shockwave crashes & the FA disasters have started to make me lose interest in the game & I am finding myself spending less & less time in my cities. I am seeing more & more players closing some of their cities because they don't want to deal with the game x however many cities they have.

DeletedUser5521

I have only gotten negative feedback from my fellowships. As there are only a small few that are in the advanced chapters, they would prefer to receive regular KP. Our tourneys are not mandatory, but we do try to push for a good turnout. In one FS, we got 5 chests one week & were rewarded with 15 KP. I don't see how that is going to help anyone rush through the tech tree. {smh + facepalm} These 'instants' can not be split, so you are forced into an all-or-nothing decision. Apparently, previously, players requested more KP in the tourney rewards. Instead of improving the game, Inno has taken that idea, claimed they are giving the players what they asked for, but have twisted it into something that players don't want. I surely didn't see too many Beta players praising this change.
I became a hardcore fan of Elvenar back in July when I started playing--so much so, that I now have 6 cities. Changes like this compounded with the hourly shockwave crashes & the FA disasters have started to make me lose interest in the game & I am finding myself spending less & less time in my cities. I am seeing more & more players closing some of their cities because they don't want to deal with the game x however many cities they have.
In my FS on Beta, we haven't gotten ANY negative feedback on this change, and this is the 2nd week we have received rewards this way. On the contrary, those that expressed an opinion said how it was better that the KP bar wasn't filled up from the tourney KP rewards before they could get back on (losing the ones they would have gotten from time anyways) and they can use the instants at their leisure. The biggest instant we got was a 10kp instant, the others being 7kps, 5's and 3's. It's not like the FA's where the instants are huge. Also, the KP reward amounts have increased with the instants...someone else may have the exact #s per chest, as I do not, but you do get more this way, depending on how many chests you complete. Yes, they can only be used in AWs, but now the KP bar KPs and the KPs you win for knocking off tourney provs/rounds can go where you want, and instants go to kicking up your's or your friends' AWs. There will always be pros and cons to any change, but this really is not, in my own humble opinion, a bad thing :oops:

DeletedUser5521

1st chest gives: 3 AW KP
2nd chest gives: 5 AW KP
3rd chest gives: 7 AW KP
4th chest gives: 10 AW KP
5th chest gives: 10 AW KP
6th chest gives: 15 AW KP
7th chest gives: 15 AW KP
8th chest gives: 20 AW KP
9th chest gives: 20 AW KP
10th chest gives: 30 AW KP
Ahem...I knew I should have said "Soggyshorts may have the exact #s per chest.." but I didn't want to sound too presumptuous!!! LMBO :p:D:p

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
In one FS, we got 5 chests one week & were rewarded with 15 KP.
Actually for a smaller FS that only gets 5 chests, the gain is even greater.

You will now get 35 instead of 15, which is over 130% more!

For an increase of over 130%, I'd let inno tell me which wonder to put my KP in.;)

Laochra

Actually for a smaller FS that only gets 5 chests, the gain is even greater.

You will now get 35 instead of 15, which is over 130% more!
For the AWs only. It doesn't help those players who could use & want the small handful of KP for a tech that they are hoping to complete. Instead of twisting the original request, why didn't they just give a small boost to the actual KP we get? ( I personally have been happy with the rewards as they were, but apparently previous players didn't think it was enough). I know, I know-they want us to slow down our game :rolleyes: Lord help us if we finish a chapter 5 minutes faster.:p The times that I have gotten a good quantity of KP from the tourneys, I have split the rewards between multiple members. Now I can't do that.
@SoggyShorts , your list above says that 5th chest only gets 10AW KP. We were getting 15 regular KP, (I think).
{Do people really complain about the extra KP filling up their KP bar???? :confused::eek:o_O}
Mine have been full since I started Dwarves. ROFL

DeletedUser5521

{Do people really complain about the extra KP filling up their KP bar???? :confused::eek:o_O}
Saying
those that expressed an opinion said how it was better that the KP bar wasn't filled up from the tourney KP rewards before they could get back on (losing the ones they would have gotten from time anyways)
is not saying people complained about anything. No need to be snarky now, is there?

Deleted User - 593524

There are a lot of positive reasons why this is good. For those FS and players that do not have that many AW this is an incentive to get them. The bonuses really help in most aspects of the game and if you are not using them then you are missing out. You still need KP for the tech tree but you can get 24 per day without going to the world map and if you have the Tomb of Secrets AW you will get more every 24 hours. As you grow you will see, I hope the benefit of this.

HJK84

HUZZAH.jpg

I like this.

I'm not sure how people will react. But I believe eventually most will enjoy this new system.
It kind of is a way to make players partake more in tournaments, specially daily province hunting.
And the ones who just relied on Chest(s) without helping out much (no judgement), they'll now have less Kp for tech, therefore they might change their ways and hunt/help more in tournaments, which will result in more Chests.

OMG, I'm giddy, this is such a good thing. Help me hunt more Chests!!! I wanted to get to 10, ever since I started Tournaments, now, I can see the Light :)

FirstEquatorialCatfish-size_restricted.gif

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
@SoggyShorts , your list above says that 5th chest only gets 10AW KP. We were getting 15 regular KP, (I think).
Mine have been full since I started Dwarves. ROFL

The listing I have of what is currently in chests says 5th chest is 5KP. We don't get 15KP now until 9th chest. Big improvement with these new prizes :):D:):D

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
1st chest gives: 3 AW KP
2nd chest gives: 5 AW KP
3rd chest gives: 7 AW KP
4th chest gives: 10 AW KP
5th chest gives: 10 AW KP
6th chest gives: 15 AW KP
7th chest gives: 15 AW KP
8th chest gives: 20 AW KP
9th chest gives: 20 AW KP
10th chest gives: 30 AW KP

Thank you! I was hoping somebody had this info so I could copy it into my Tournament tab in my Elvenar file :)

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Do people really complain about the extra KP filling up their KP bar

The problem being, if someone cannot get on the game right away then they are not generating the hourly KP
So the "Instant" KP solves that problem
On the other hand you can only use these KP on AWs
I know there were times I was happy to get a large influx of Tourny KP to knock down a tech research
On the other other hand, as long as this only affects the chest KP and not the province KP you can still get a lot of KP for research

So all in all, I think it is a good change

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
5 chests will now get you
3 KP and 5 KP and 7KP and 10 KP and 10 KP = 35 KP
Formerly it was
0 KP and 5 KP and 0 KP and 5 KP and 5 KP = 15 KP
Absolutely they do.
Spend KP at 9 AM, and go out.
Tournament ends at 11 and fills your KP bar
Come home at 5pm to a KP bar with 17 KP in it (2 from 9 to 11, and 15 from chests)
That means you got zero KP per hour from 11 until 5 pm, a loss of 6 KP.

Another way to look at the change for your FS is this:
You used to get 15 KP, which is close to 2 KP per day.
Instead of 2 KP per day that you can use anywhere you like, you are getting 7 KP per day that must go in a wonder.

If the wonders weren't good, I could see the problem, but since wonders are actually really great, I think this change will improve the cities of your fellowship more than that little 2 KP would.

Laochra

On the other hand you can only use these KP on AWs
I know there were times I was happy to get a large influx of Tourny KP to knock down a tech research
This is the concern of our members that have not reached the guest races-some of them in the lower chapters aren't ready to give up real estate for the AWs yet, as they are still trying to sort out the space needed for the upgraded orientations of their regular buildings.
I wanted AWs as soon as possible, but I prefer not to prioritize them over the progress of the city.
I am thankful that we will still be getting the province KP!

Deleted User - 593524

HUZZAH.jpg

I like this.

I'm not sure how people will react. But I believe eventually most will enjoy this new system.
It kind of is a way to make players partake more in tournaments, specially daily province hunting.
And the ones who just relied on Chest(s) without helping out much (no judgement), they'll now have less Kp for tech, therefore they might change their ways and hunt/help more in tournaments, which will result in more Chests.

OMG, I'm giddy, this is such a good thing. Help me hunt more Chests!!! I wanted to get to 10, ever since I started Tournaments, now, I can see the Light :)

FirstEquatorialCatfish-size_restricted.gif
This is the concern of our members that have not reached the guest races-some of them in the lower chapters aren't ready to give up real estate for the AWs yet, as they are still trying to sort out the space needed for the upgraded orientations of their regular buildings.
I wanted AWs as soon as possible, but I prefer not to prioritize them over the progress of the city.

Deleted User - 593524

These KP can only be spent on AW, so when you have them you will see a bar and can add them at that time. Which also means you will upgrade them faster then those of us who did not have this as a prize