• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Changing Scouting Costs to Effect Current Negotiation Costs

• Thread starter DeletedUser12423
  • Start date

DeletedUser12423

I have no idea why the current Reduced Scouting Costs do not also lower ALL negotiation costs, including the current ones. That is just stupid.
I seriously thought it would, and had been all this time. Because that is what makes sense. The purpose is to reduce the costs. Not be sneaky about it and NOT lower ALL negotiation costs. Things like this I see as dirty game design. It's not cool. It's not clever. It's wrong.

It should be made CLEAR that the tech only works for negotiation costs AFTER it is taken. And while you're at it. You need to ADD an item to the tutorial, Warning players not to over-scout. Or, change it to where it works like it SHOULD and reduce all negotiation costs ^ ^

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Well to be fair, the advanced scouts tech decreases scouting costs, that much is clear.
Why would it also reduce the costs of anything that no longer involves scouting?

DeletedUser9601

I disagree. I think it is fine as-is. If the structure was as you describe it, then "scouting" just becomes a coin dump. Now, when you're near the end of a chapter, you need to balance "scout now - but have a tougher fight/higher costs" versus "scout later, but find another productive use for my gold."

And as @SoggyShorts says, the tech does what it says to do. It doesn't beat you over the head with the implications (and I agree that more tutorial help is always better), but lets not ascribe malice to the developers' word choice (especially when we know English is a second language for nearly all of them).