• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Chapter 15 Settlement Planning

Rythel

I am about halfway through Chapter 14, and it's at this point that I start to plan out for the next chapter. There's a few things that look very different in chapter 15 compared to other chapters. I typically build the entire settlement as dictated by the quests, but the complete shift in required settlement goods for researches about halfway through is throwing a massive wrench in my planning. So I have a few questions for those who have completed or are going through chapter 15 currently.

I know when I start the chapter that the settlement is just the Council Hall and Academies. I plan on building 8 until I can unlock the other buildings. But how many Academies are necessary to keep the Atelier, Agriculture and Factory running? Selling all but the required number of Academies to keep those three running would save a lot of space.

How many Vaults of Wisdom are needed to go through the researches without getting tech-locked? The quests only ask for 1, but I've seen a couple people recommend 2 with even a recommendation of 4. I typically progress at a slower rate (only using 24 KP a day on research), but am looking to speed things up a bit.

I've also seen a lot of people recommend to just use Portal Profits to get through the chapter. I'm sitting on well over 100 portal profits of different percentages, but typically like to avoid using them as building the settlement is part of the fun for me. I have heard rumors that portal profits start to lose effectiveness in future chapters though and if this is the last chapter where they're truly effective I might as well cash in.

I manage 5 collections a day, with hitting 6 occasionally if that will affect resource economy at all.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Oh, bless you. I don't use portal profits usually and am in chap 15 in 2 cities. It is a slog. One is on the tail end and the other is just starting. The first one is going so slowly that the second city caught up. Yes, I have tons of portal profits, but it seems the sooner I get done with this, the closer I am to chap 17 and the awful ships I keep hearing about. I'm not in a hurry to experience that either so I'm just grinding it out.

If you don't use portal profits either, it's going to come down to stupid vaults. To have even just 1 vault, you need 5 other buildings. Getting a 2nd vault down requires a crazy amount of space then. In the beginning, it's more about the Academies, but by the time you get to the Vaults, you're making way more in the other 5 buildings than what your dumb vault can process anyway. With 2 vaults, it was taking me 4 weeks to do one tech (My Bee is at lvl 16). I now have 4 vaults and it's a bit over a week for a tech. The stupid part about having 4 vaults is you will then have a bunch of disconnected Academies that don't do anything except to make the connections work because they are not connected to Portal anymore. Also note, the constructions of dependent buildings won't continue unless the pre-requisite building is already built, meaning the Atelier won't construct unless it's touching 2 existing Academies. If either of those academies are under construction, then no go on the Atelier either.

I guess at least it has pretty graphics.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
@Rythel I managed to fit 4 Vaults of Wisdom (all connected properly), 3 earlier on, and ran with 8 academies in the beginning, later 5, as they were needed to connect all the other buildings.

I used a lot of Portal profits to get through chapter 20 so they don't loose their value, but you will keep earning more.

Elvenar29.JPGElvenar14.JPG