• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Chapter 15

satchmo33

(By the way, this is satchmo33 not Lady Mistral. They suddenly changed my login name/persona with no reason whatsoever - and won't change it back)

I give. Waving the white flag. I just plain cannot do Chapter 15. With it's need for a half a million in goods for each tech square I can't do it. Impossible. I've been dutifully working away at saving and centering my entire city's production on getting the particular goods asked for for over six months now. It's taking all of the fun out of the game. So, in both my cities I'm ditching all of my Chapter 15 buildings and will not be doing the next two chapters.

Inno: listen well. This is costing you a whole bunch of money. Bah!

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I went with 6 Tier 6 buildings and MM spells always active. Anything else just decays too often.
Combined with portal profits as soon as you get the portal to level 4 it only takes about a month more.
Edit: oh and don't bother posting fair trades and waiting 3 days while they decay- just bite the bullet and give a 10% discount.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I went with 6 Tier 6 buildings and MM spells always active. Anything else just decays too often.
Combined with portal profits as soon as you get the portal to level 4 it only takes about a month more.
Edit: oh and don't bother posting fair trades and waiting 3 days while they decay- just bite the bullet and give a 10% discount.

I never had more than 2 of each boosted sentient factory, used MMs and Storm Phoenix non-stop, and made lots of trades with that 10% bonus, and completed the chapter in about 4 months. Also a decent amount of time boosters to finish production before the nightly decay, to use the goods before losing some to that decay.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I had 3 S3, 2 each S2 and S1, with the S3 always enspelled, and one each of the other two. I took any fair trade that offered what I needed, and developed some cross tier trading partners who would take my S2.

Kekune

My solution was to do a lot of cross- tier sentient trading. I don't normally like cross-tier, but it was one way around the decay. I had two of each sentient factory (maybe only a single s1... can't quite remember anymore), running with MMs all the time, and would then go take every reasonable trade I could find that offered the goods I needed. It allowed me to gather a lot in a day or two, just what I needed to open a tech.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
My solution was to do a lot of cross- tier sentient trading.
Yup. My thoughts on cross-tier are fairly well known, but honestly, it doesn't apply to sentient goods because of the decay and the way that the techs are laid out.
In chapter 15 there is this one little middle part where you need a million T5 and then you basically never need any more. Building a few extra T5 buildings while your T4 & T6 rot makes no sense.
That's why I just focused on T6 and when I needed more T5 than I made I traded at 1:1 (a fat fat discount)
Even now while I sit at the start of CH16 upgrading a bunch of new T1&2 factories I can't be bothered to make the T1&2 myself and just use my 6 xT6. I'd rather pay a 50% trade discount than waste the time leveling some factories from zero to 24 that I'll only use for a week.
Judging by the fact that the trades are taken in under 5 minutes I don't think anyone minds.:p

Deleted User - 3932582

I'd rather pay a 50% trade discount than waste the time leveling some factories from zero to 24 that I'll only use for a week.
You never know when these would come in handy. I have several leveled up in the storage, so I can whip them out when I see fit. Heck, I have several leveled manufactories of boost+2 in storage in case these would be needed in the next chapter(s).

It's not that builders have much to do in-between chapters. Even if you play chapters back-to-back, there is usually downtime in the beginning of the chapter before you unlock anything that you can mass-built.