• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Chapter 9 question

Ggal

In the research tree for chapter 9 and am very confused. You need to research Forest Fabrication to produce wood ghost, etc. So you need to complete Forest Glade and Forest Stream first. Okay, they let you do that. To connect your Fabricator to the Glade you need to complete Greenery Street. To unlock Greenery Street for research you need first to unlock Habitat and Playground but before that you need to research City Expansion 37 to unlock Habitat/Playground. BUT to complete City Expansion 37 you need produce from the Forest Fabricator or pay with diamonds.

What am I missing here? Is the game giving you no choice but to pay real money?

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
You don't need the Greenery Streets. Those are normal streets for connecting residences, factories, etc. to your Main Hall. To connect your guest race buildings to your Forest Glade you need the Forest Streams.

Ggal

OH!!! I though it was like the previous chapter. Under the Fabricator details it has the road symbol with the special round tree symbol so I thought you needed the street. So the stream is the roadway here. Thanks!

Zoof

Follow the paths in the research tree, and read the descriptions. For quick identification, I bet you'll never forget those subtle differences in the icons again. But, were you to spend (the frankly unreasonable) amount of time reading all the tooltips...

1669993302255.png

It would've told you straight up that the Forest Stream is what you were looking for.

Related, but somewhat outside the scope of this thread, once you've researched Forest Fabrication and built a bunch of those, you can get away with doing the rest of the chapter on just the Mana Tears it produces and some judicious use of Portal Profits. I think you need around 500% worth to finish up Woodelves. I remembered using a lot less than that, though in my case, I was trying to do the chapter normally but needed my settlement gone and reclaimed for the future shantytown that a coming Fellowship Adventure would require. I ran out of time.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@Ggal 1 other piece of advice I will give you about the Woodelves chapter. The game will steer you towards Weeping Willows as a mana source. I believe there is a quest involved for having a WW. And they are useful at first because you can build them at any time with your builders. However Festival Merchants which you can craft in the magic academy are MUCH more efficient mana producers. A Festival Merchant is much smaller than a Weeping Willow but it will produce more mana per hour. The only disadvantage is the FM gives much less culture than the WW. I literally crafted Festival Merchants every single time they appeared in my Magic Academy during the Woodelves and Sorcerers and Dragons chapters.

Last edited:

Yogi Dave

The only disadvantage is the FM gives much less culture than the WW. I literally crafted Festival Merchants every single time they appeared in my Magic Academy during the Woodelves and Sorcerers and Dragons chapters.
Ah, how times have changed. Festive Merchants weren't available back then for me. So, that's good advice if you have the culture you need to progress. Back then you usually got rid, or reduced the number of, Weeping Willows and replaced them with Arcane Libraries in the next chapter. I imagine the FMs are better, but you will want to upgrade or replace them with new ones from the MA. Personally, I replace them from the MA after changing chapters, but it depends on how many RR spells you have to spend.