• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

chests available on my AWs and the fellowship ain't interested....

Kadhrin

Okay, yeah, this is weird, but my current fellowship is apparently not that interested in getting AW chests.
I've currently got chests available on my Simia, Time Warp, and Sanctuary.
I'd like to get these farmed out so I can upgrade past the rune shard ring level ASAP.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@Kadhrin I can't help you because I'm not in that world. It sounds like you might need a more active fellowship. But if you are otherwise happy with your current fellowship, an alternative might be to set up AW swaps with some of your world map neighbors. Regardless of what you decide, I'd advise getting the AW upgrades done before the pending switch to how AW work. After Jan 18th, upgrading Aws will cost spell fragments and combining catalysts for normal upgrades. Rune Phase upgrades will cost Royal Restorations.

Kadhrin

@Kadhrin I can't help you because I'm not in that world. It sounds like you might need a more active fellowship. But if you are otherwise happy with your current fellowship, an alternative might be to set up AW swaps with some of your world map neighbors. Regardless of what you decide, I'd advise getting the AW upgrades done before the pending switch to how AW work. After Jan 18th, upgrading Aws will cost spell fragments and combining catalysts for normal upgrades. Rune Phase upgrades will cost Royal Restorations.
Yup. Getting these done in time is exactly what I'm trying to do. I've posted in the chat there, and even posted in the messages, but am getting very little interest. I'm on the edge of the map.

Glandeh

Yup. Getting these done in time is exactly what I'm trying to do. I've posted in the chat there, and even posted in the messages, but am getting very little interest. I'm on the edge of the map.
I happen to be in W world, so if you still need upgrades, send me a message.

Kadhrin

Thanks so much to everyone who dropped KP that round! Next round is ready to go, GA, Simia, Sanctuary, and Time Warp. I will start upgrades tonight, before 9pm CST.
And I'll be blowing thru another pile of time instants to get the rune circle round started right afterwards. :)

@Glandeh -- my fellowship in W has been having an upgrade party. It's impossible to walk around a city without getting hit by rune shards and KP flying back and forth.

Yogi Dave

The Winy fellowship @Kadhrin and I are in has been going absolutely crazy with upgrading AWs the last 3 days. I'm sure there have been well over 100 upgraded. Probably over 300. It's been insane seeing all the messages asking for shard exchanges along with our net-zero spreadsheet almost filled over and over. It's been hard to get them out of the 25 slots for them to leave room for others. Chaos in the correct way. We have thousands and thousands of Wonder Society Badges. After today, I'm sure there will a lot fewer upgrades.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
The Winy fellowship @Kadhrin and I are in has been going absolutely crazy with upgrading AWs the last 3 days. I'm sure there have been well over 100 upgraded. Probably over 300. It's been insane seeing all the messages asking for shard exchanges along with our net-zero spreadsheet almost filled over and over. It's been hard to get them out of the 25 slots for them to leave room for others. Chaos in the correct way. We have thousands and thousands of Wonder Society Badges. After today, I'm sure there will a lot fewer upgrades.
I had Golden Abyss sitting at level 28 in all 3 of my cities. It just has not been a priority to finish off, since I am doing ok on both population and gold. It seemed more beneficial to focus on other AWs since population and gold were not holding me back. But with the pending changes, I have worked on them like crazy the last 3 days and have started the level 30 rune phase on all of them. A level 30 rune phase is going to be EXPENSIVE under the new system!

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Have they changed what happens when you sell an ancient wonder? I know it is currently nothing, but I've heard that some buildings like Dwarven Armorer or Genies will now be giving you Combining Catalysts or Royal Restorations when sold. Is this only for the expiring buildings? Or do you now get any kind of refund for selling an AW?

Kadhrin

Have they changed what happens when you sell an ancient wonder? I know it is currently nothing, but I've heard that some buildings like Dwarven Armorer or Genies will now be giving you Combining Catalysts or Royal Restorations when sold. Is this only for the expiring buildings? Or do you now get any kind of refund for selling an AW?
I built and sold a Vortex tonight to get shards for level 5 on my Temple of Spirits. It gave me nothing.
I thought someone said it'd take an RR to start an AW, so I'm not about to repeat the experiment tomorrow. ;)

In Fely, everything is upgrading except the Simia. I'd forgotten how expensive that is in terms of goods!
Meanwhile, tonight in Winy, we had 6-8 folks online and got to the point some folks were just calling it out in chat for quick turnarounds on a bunch of last-minute upgrades. "I have too many EE shards, who wants them?" "same here" "Pick me! lol" "okay we gotcha" "Hey, surprise <other person>, your EE is upgradeable" "I'm gonna crash now, upgrade HF in the morning" "No, shards dumped! Upgrade is ready now!" Absolutely bonkers fun.

Last edited:

Fayeanne

I will say I am surprised at how many Ancient Wonders I had sitting around that I was able to upgrade by just burning all of their Rune Shards on them. Just needed the right motivation, I guess? I agree, the "chaos" has been pretty amusing, if nothing else. (Next week's Tournament/Spire are going to be horribly expensive. :D)

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
Have they changed what happens when you sell an ancient wonder? I
So far as of late last night on discord there were still no new announcements or changes for the AW situation for live or for beta just yet. I'm about to log in shortly and if there are I will correct my post.

Yogi Dave

My browser says, "Update coming soon" I bet it's there by the top of this hour. That'd be 9am EST for me.

Yogi Dave

Jan. 20, I sent an in-game message to the FS asking for the counts of AWs upgraded or placed during the frantic days. 15 replied with a total was around 146. Since we weren't keeping track, some of the numbers are estimates. Others in the FS probably did a few upgrades too. Since then, there have been a lot fewer upgrades and they tend to be the Thrones and Enar's Embassy. In fact, those two were a large chunk of those earlier. They were easy to upgrade since most people didn't have them but had a lot of rune shards. Therefore, shard exchanges were easy to find. With the use of time instants or the short time for the upgrades to finish, they were able to be upgraded multiple times.

So, over the 100 but only 1/2 of the 300.