• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Chronology of helping hands?

ElfGunn

What is the sequence of events that results in the helping hands changing to green and then to gold? And what is the timing?

I'm asking because we're now getting perk points for giving Neighborly Help, and double if it is returned (?). And then there is the help perk, where the time frame for giving and receiving help is somehow extended.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The hands stay gold for 24 hours after the person visits you. That is it. Unless your fellowship levels up the perk that extends that time, nothing else changes it.

ElfGunn

The hands stay gold for 24 hours after the person visits you. That is it. Unless your fellowship levels up the perk that extends that time, nothing else changes it.

I had previously read the wiki for Neighborly Help and there is no mention of the helping hands, green or gold, that show up in the FS window and on the Notifications tab. @helya I have been curious about what makes the green hands appear and then the gold hands.

When I give NH, I immediately receive gold. I should mention that I play exclusively on the mobile app. When I tap on green hands, I get gold and sometimes a chest. When I tap on gold hands, I get gold and supplies and sometimes a chest.

What makes the green hands appear? What makes the green hands turn into gold hands? When I see green beans on the Notifications tab, if I wait awhile, will they turn to gold? As mentioned above, I gather that I have 24 hr after the hands turn gold to get the reward for returned help. If I understand the NH perk, the 24 hr is extended by 4 hr if my FS buys the NH perk.

Is there a virtuous circle that occurs with the gold hands, that as long as the other player and I continue to visit each other within 24 hr, that we will both continue to get gold hands?

I'm a newly promoted mage, and there have been a lot of questions and misunderstandings in my FS about the new perks. I want to have good information to give to my FS. Thanks for your patience.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
I had previously read the wiki for Neighborly Help and there is no mention of the helping hands, green or gold, that show up in the FS window and on the Notifications tab. @helya I have been curious about what makes the green hands appear and then the gold hands.
When you receive Neighborly help you have 24 hours to return it and receive both supplies and coins. During this time period, the hands will show as gold. After the 24 hour period ends, if you did not return the help the hands will turn green again, at that time you will only receive coins when you visit back. You can visit other players every 23 hours.

The Chests are received randomly, 3 per day. They reset at 8PM Eastern time. To receive them it does not matter if the hands are gold or green.

It is possible, and happens in a lot of active Fellowships, that you can have a neverending cycle of Gold hands between yourself and another player if you visit at the same time each day.

With the new perk, you add 4 hours to the length of time the hands stay Gold, which means you have a bigger window to return help, 28 hours instead of 24 for level 1.

ElfGunn

When you receive Neighborly help you have 24 hours to return it and receive both supplies and coins. During this time period, the hands will show as gold. After the 24 hour period ends, if you did not return the help the hands will turn green again, at that time you will only receive coins when you visit back. You can visit other players every 23 hours.

The Chests are received randomly, 3 per day. They reset at 8PM Eastern time. To receive them it does not matter if the hands are gold or green.

It is possible, and happens in a lot of active Fellowships, that you can have a neverending cycle of Gold hands between yourself and another player if you visit at the same time each day.

With the new perk, you add 4 hours to the length of time the hands stay Gold, which means you have a bigger window to return help, 28 hours instead of 24 for level 1.

Oh! So the hands are gold first, and then turn green if you don't return help within 24 hr, or 28 hr with the perk. Thanks so much!

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Oh! So the hands are gold first, and then turn green if you don't return help within 24 hr, or 28 hr with the perk. Thanks so much!

Each level of the Perk adds 4 hours to how long the hands stay gold. So at the max of level 10, you would get 40 extra hours, or 64 total hours the hands would stay gold. Of course, as soon as you visit them, the gold goes away and turns into the plain green button for the next 23 hours. And then, if they do not visit you back, you will only have green hands when the 23-hour wait expires. And then, if the hands are green and they do visit you before you visit them again, that is when the green hands will turn gold. For example, if you visit someone all 7 days of a week and they only visit you 3 times, you will get 4 green hands and 3 gold hands for your 7 visits.