• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

cities/worlds?

DeletedUser23499

I see members posting about playing in more than one city or world. Some questions:
1) Are cities the same thing as worlds and if not, what is the difference?
2) How do I create additional ones?
3) How do I name my world, or world or city if not the same thing as world...

Thank you!

NightshadeCS

I see members posting about playing in more than one city or world. Some questions:
1) Are cities the same thing as worlds and if not, what is the difference?
2) How do I create additional ones?
3) How do I name my world, or world or city if not the same thing as world...

Thank you!

Hmm...it could be both. "City" usually refers to a player's city, in whichever world they play.

The Worlds are:
Arendyll
Winyandor
Felyndral
Khelonaar
Elcysandir
Sinya Arda
Ceravyn

When you first start playing, you choose and elf or human city and it will be located in one of the above worlds. You can then also create other cities in any (or all) of the other worlds.

If you want to have two cities in the same world, you need to create a separate login account, which would have a different player name and email associated. You could then conceivably have another city in every world.

The reason it is often used interchangeably may be b/c most people have just one account. So saying "my other city" and "my other world" amounts to the same thing, since you can only have one city in each world.

If you are on PC, you can rename your city by clicking on the city name at the top. I am not sure it is possible to do on mobile, or I haven't figured it out.

And if you want to create another city on mobile, you need to log out first by using the gear icon. You will then find yourself at the main login screen, where you can select another world to join.

DeletedUser23499

Thank you, Nightshade CS. That helps. It does not seem possible on mobile to rename my city. And in fact, any idea how to find out what world I am in and what is the name of my city? Thank you!

NightshadeCS

I pulled my phone out and checked. Seems that city name is not even displayed anywhere, nor can you change it, as these astute others confirmed. :)

And as @teagan75 said, simply log out on your phone and you will see the world you have played in.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Thank you, Nightshade CS. That helps. It does not seem possible on mobile to rename my city. And in fact, any idea how to find out what world I am in and what is the name of my city? Thank you!

The name of your city is the same as your account name in-game, if you started playing on mobile and stayed only on mobile. So if you are Maudelover in the game, your city will have the exact same name. Anyone with any other kind of name at all, whether a totally different name than their account name, or if it has any odd letters at the end of their name or if it says City after their name, that means they either started playing in the browser version of the game, or have logged into the browser version after starting on mobile, and changed their name while in the browser.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
The name of your city is the same as your account name in-game, if you started playing on mobile and stayed only on mobile. So if you are Maudelover in the game, your city will have the exact same name. Anyone with any other kind of name at all, whether a totally different name than their account name, or if it has any odd letters at the end of their name or if it says City after their name, that means they either started playing in the browser version of the game, or have logged into the browser version after starting on mobile, and changed their name while in the browser.
That might be currently true, but at one time your city name was either something like "Sprout" if you were an elf, or something else if you were human. So you might encounter lots of abandoned cities with those two names.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
To add to the confusion people also often interchange the word server and world. It is possible to play on different servers with their own set of worlds. A common one that people choose is to play on the beta server so they can experience new game features before release to live. It is also possible to play on say the international server and have 2 towns in the arendyll world but completely different servers. Each server has its own forum and it is often why you see references like US1, US2, US3, EN1, EN2, etc. The letters represent the server while the number is the world, so EN1 and US1 are both Arendyll.

It is easier to tell in browser version as the abbreviation is in the address bar.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
That might be currently true, but at one time your city name was either something like "Sprout" if you were an elf, or something else if you were human. So you might encounter lots of abandoned cities with those two names.

True. I was just lumping those old city names in with all the other different names because mobile players would not know the difference anyway.

DeletedUser23499

Next question, how do I know what world I am in? (Sometimes I wonder this in general, outside the game, LOL)

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
True. I was just lumping those old city names in with all the other different names because mobile players would not know the difference anyway.
Nobody would know the difference, whether mobile or not. That's why I brought it up. A mobile player reading the message I replied to would be likely to assume the player used a browser to pick that name, when they didn't. Your message was perfectly correct (that they had to have started in the browser), but still open to generating a little confusion.

And for anyone still wondering, the human version of "Sproutville" is "Dawnham"