• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

City Editing Tool

OIM20

Thanks for explaining, @Sprite1313 and @Ellarian Ravaroris . :)

I don't know if I agree with the "nothing to lose" if we keep trying on something that's specifically listed as something the devs won't approve, though.
Storing Buildings - Players can utilize the Teleport Spell, available through the Spire, to gain the ability to store buildings. There will not be a feature outside of the spell to store buildings.
If you're not sure how that applies:
Unfortunately, this is a concept that hasd been introduced in the past. Anything that will require " take everything out of your city and rearrange" is a form of storage, even though it may be temporary. Will the developers change their mind in the future, perhaps...
I do appreciate you both taking the time to explain the concept, and thanks to @Zoof for the historical links (one of which is quoted above). I'd have to say I'm neutral on this particular proposal overall because I wouldn't use it. I like the challenge of having to decide what I want and what I don't in the limited space. (If I want more space, the game has ways to provide me with it built in. I just have to be willing and able to pay what it asks to obtain that space. ;) ) Yes, I utilized ElvenArchitect a couple of times when I started playing, but I build my cities with an aesthetic element in mind when I add buildings, not just an efficiency one.

Ok, uhm, developers and or programmers can change their minds and get new things approved. So I don't see what I have to loose with the direct approach. But thank you all for your wonderful comments.

OIM20

I didn't say they couldn't. I even quoted a mod saying they could in the future.

I appreciate everyone who took the time to respond to my question wanting more information, so I was trying to thank everyone.

And maybe there's 'no harm' / 'nothing to lose' in asking them to do the same thing over and over even after they've said no. I think it might be more fruitful to come up with a way to do what you want in a way that doesn't involve 'storage', since that is the reason (as I understand it, anyway) that this idea hasn't been approved to date.

Maybe when you win a new building in an event, when that awesome screen comes up, it could suggest buildings you could replace using the new one you've won. Buildings currently in your city that are comparable to the one you won.

For example, I have a Bumblebee Stables in my Elcysandir city. It's 3x4, Dwarves chapter (6), 1900 culture, 123 drone riders / day.

I won a Desert Watchtower. It's Orcs chapter (8), 260 pop, 310 culture and gives 290 drone riders / day.

So when I won the DW, the game could conceivably have a button underneath the "Awesome!" button that says something like "Show you how you could improve your city by using this building instead of something you have already placed?" (but a lot shorter) and if you click that, it analyzes your city and shows you comparable buildings.

I have the Stables for the Drone Riders and the culture benefit both, as well as the aesthetic of my Fairy Corner, so I've upgraded it since I initially won it. I wait until events to upgrade old event buildings, because they might be offering that building, and if they are, I'll just replace the old one with the new one. (And the Stables are further down on the list than other buildings I have in my city, like everything connected to the ML and the Aureate Willow.)

But say I just had it for the military units. In that case, it's a no-brainer to replace the Stables with the DW - more troops, less space.

I know it would take a lot to code what I suggested, but it wouldn't use 'storage' in any way that's not already being used. You won the building, it goes into your storage. The game is just offering you advice. And you have to click a separate button to get it, so it's not forced on anyone.

It's not exactly what you want, no. But for those who like to build their cities with efficiency in mind, it could be a compromise. It's a rough idea I haven't polished at all since I'm typing it as I'm thinking of it, so it might be horrible. I might not have explained what popped into my head very well either - I do have trouble expressing my thoughts in English sometimes.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
As noted in the ideas and suggestions "read before posting" section

*NOTE* There are some ideas which, though many agree would make life easier, have been categorically ruled out by the Development Team since, if they were implemented, they would change the essence of Elvenar.
  • Storing Buildings - Players can utilize the Teleport Spell, available through the Spire, to gain the ability to store buildings. There will not be a feature outside of the spell to store buildings.

This idea cannot be forwarded.