• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

City Space question

DeletedUser3741

How do I increase "City Space"

I just activated a "city expansion" but when I try to upgrade a residence to level 4 it still shows "space in your city" in red!

I don't unnerstand! :(

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3575

Hi @Astarian - once you activate the expansion, you have to then go "build" or "place" it. Under the build menu, you'll see a tab for Expansions, from there you can drop the new 5x5 plot of land adjacent to your current city space. Once it's placed, you can start building on it!

DeletedUser3741

Hi @Astarian - once you activate the expansion, you have to then go "build" or "place" it. Under the build menu, you'll see a tab for Expansions, from there you can drop the new 5x5 plot of land adjacent to your current city space. Once it's placed, you can start building on it!
OOPs, I wasn't fully clear!

I didn't just "activate" it - I did place the expansion but it still shows city space in red when I try to upgrade the residence!

DeletedUser3575

@Astarian hrm that's odd, can you share a screenshot? Maybe it's the orientation of the building? Not sure what else would cause that, but happy to take a look and see if a second set of eyes can figure it out!

DeletedUser3575

@Astarian I just use the "PrntScrn" function key on my keyboard, not sure if there's an in-game mechanism to do it.

DeletedUser3575

@Astarian You'll have to paste it somewhere to save the image file. You can probably use Paint on a library computer, just hit PrntScrn with the game open, then open Paint and use Ctrl+V to paste the copied screen. Then save as jpg and use the "upload a file" button right below the Forum reply box.

DeletedUser3741

Untitled.jpg

Like this!

DeletedUser2191

The level 3 Elven houses use 2 x 2 grid space, level 4 houses use 2 x 3 grid space. You will have to move your houses so that they can expand to the left.

DeletedUser3741

Not sure that screenshot helps - but I used the expansion on the area right behind the upper residence.

The area is open and I can place buildings there - so I don't know why I can't upgrade that first level 3 residence to level 4!

DeletedUser3575

@Astarian Boom, nice! Can you take one while you're trying to place the new building, to show where the red is? I suspect Ludwig's right and you're trying to keep an expanded footprint in too crowded of a space.

DeletedUser3741

Here's after moving the other houses.

It no longer shows "city space" in red but the upgrade tab only has a research button on it - still can't upgrade the house!

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    587.5 KB · Views: 67

DeletedUser3575

@Astarian Awww bummer. You'll get to that research eventually. Meanwhile you can always build a level 1 residence for a quick 10 second population boost!

DeletedUser2191

Here's after moving the other houses.

It no longer shows "city space" in red but the upgrade tab only has a research button on it - still can't upgrade the house!

Level 1 - 3 is your basic housing your start with. Advance Housing is level 4 - 7, the technology for this is near the end of chapter 1. Once you have researched this technology, that research button will turn into an upgrade button.