• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Cliffside Wonder Improvements Gone?

DeletedUser6753

I've noticed since the latest patch that my cliffside improvements for building ancient wonders are missing. Is this a bug or intentional. And if intentional, why? Part of the reason I built the wonders wasn't for their benefits, per se, as much as the aesthetic value they added to my city.

DeletedUser6335

Do you have your settings on medium or low? I've heard this will prevent the cliffside stuff from showing. You can check by clicking on the Cog/Gear Icon in the lower right corner of your game screen. Hope this helps

tincture

If you're talking about your city on Arendyll, the Golden Abyss doesn't give a cliffside structure. If not, ignore me. Only a handful of them do that. Crystal Lighthouse/Great Bell Spire, Martial Monastery/The Sanctuary, the Dwarven Wonders, and the Fairy Wonders. Not sure if other guest race wonders do it.

AtaguS

I built my crystal lighthouse a couple days before the changes and still have my cliff side counter part...but I also had them randomly show up and disappear months before I was even in the right chapter to build it...so my best guess is it's a bug.

DeletedUser188

When you build the right Ancient Wonder and your cities graphic quality is set to medium or higher the matching skin will appear in the "Cliffside"
You can also see other players "skins" when you visit their cities even if you haven't built that wonder yet

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Do you have your settings on medium or low? I've heard this will prevent the cliffside stuff from showing. You can check by clicking on the Cog/Gear Icon in the lower right corner of your game screen. Hope this helps

They still show on medium. They only disappear on low.

DeletedUser6335

They still show on medium. They only disappear on low.

Yeah...my bad for a poor choice of wording... I was trying to say "Do you have your graphics on Medium or on Low, as I heard having them on Low will prevent the cliffside stuff from showing." My brain works slightly faster and better than typing -and that's not saying much!:p

DeletedUser6753

Turns out you were right, Maradoranderwyn. I had set my graphics to low to reduce load lag while visiting neighbors. I feel kinda silly now, and I had actually caught that fairly early on but couldn't delete the post.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Turns out you were right, Maradoranderwyn. I had set my graphics to low to reduce load lag while visiting neighbors. I feel kinda silly now, and I had actually caught that fairly early on but couldn't delete the post.

I have found that turning off atmospherics works best, even if you leave your graphics on high it will speed up transitions.

DeletedUser6335

I guess that depends on graphics card - cause there are some cities I don't see loaded for about 2 minutes after I enter them and I have everything off or on low...lols. But then, my computer is getting more and more to being just a glorified Etch N' Sketch - it's so old...hehe *sigh*

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I guess that depends on graphics card - cause there are some cities I don't see loaded for about 2 minutes after I enter them and I have everything off or on low...lols. But then, my computer is getting more and more to being just a glorified Etch N' Sketch - it's so old...hehe *sigh*
It's a limit of flash, not graphics card, I have a brand new gaming PC and cities still take forever to load:(