• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Coldfire Phoenix vs. Gingerbread Mansion

Jiali

Hi guys,

Please forgive me if this info is posted somewhere but I searched the forum and couldn't find
enough to make a decision. I'm wondering whether I should build the Coldfire Phoenix from the Gathering of the Phoenix Cults event..
If I want to build it, I'll need to sell 1 of 2 buildings to do it:

1. Gingerbread Mansion - Chapter 3, Stage 10
210 population, 425 culture, 3 KP and 1377 2nd tier goods daily

2. Valentine Float - Chapter 4, Stage 10
243 population, 493 culture, 69120 coins, 6402 supplies and 3 KP daily

I like to keep my buildings in sync with my city. I'm in the middle of chapter 6 and so,
my Gingerbread Mansion is a bit out of date.

The Chapter 6 Coldfire Phoenix at level 10 will give me:
170 pop., 340 culture, 2400 2nd tier goods, 250,000 coins and 18,000 supplies every 48 hours.

I get plenty of coins from the residences. My supplies are usually a bit low but I make up for it
by using the POPs from the tower/tourneys/MA.

Is it worth exchanging one of these buildings for the new Phoenix?
I'm having a hard time with this decision. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Do you plan on making Pet Food and feeding the Phoenix to activate it's special ability to earn 14 extra KP with each scout you finish while the ability is active?

Deleted User - 3932582

If you have access to Royal Restoration spells, you may consider upgrading your existing buildings. Once you remove your evolving buildings, you'd lose all invested artifacts, so you may want to think if you want to keep some of these buildings for the long term.

If you don't think that upgrades are in the cards, then it is usually not worth to keep buildings that are too far behind in chapters. I think the rule of thumb is 3 chapters behind almost no event building is worth it. This definitely doesn't apply to special effects - e.g. even lowest chapter Fire Phoenix L10 is worth it in any chapter.

DeletedUser21110

I have six Mermaids Paradises myself that are six and seven chapters back, but almost certainly the Royal Restoration spells will be well spent getting them caught up. I just hope the devs don't decide to nerf them like the Frost Carved Christmas Tree and Revelers Fountain buildings.

Crow Last Elf

Thanks for this question, I didn't realize how valuable my Gingerbread Mansion would be if I updated it to Chpt.6, my current chapter. Unfortunately, I don't have enough RR's to do that, but it made me realize that the extra artifacts may be worth keeping.

Did you decide against creating last year's phoenixes? Being in chpt 6, I thought you probably wouldn't have them already.

Yogi Dave

This doesn't truly answer your question, but it's a different direction to think. Assuming you finish the event, you have 3 of last year phoenix artifacts. If you convert the coldfire artifacts into last years, (and you haven't done the opposite) you might get 5 more of the old ones before they remove that recipe from the MA. The would give you 8 old ones. If you have the fire phoenix in your inventory from an earlier chapter, you can disenchant it and wait for it to be offered in your MA. You can then craft it at the current chapter you are in. A level 9 fire phoenix gives a 45% attack bonus for 24h when fed. This can help a lot in tournaments and the spire. Actually, as @MinMax Gamer said, a fire phoenix from earlier chapters doesn't need to be upgraded to get that powerful effect.

Now to your question. The Gingerbread Mansion I like because it provides all 3 T2 goods, but it will take 48 RR spells to upgrade to the current chapter and you will have to upgraded it again and again as you progress. Although the game has changed a lot since I was in ch 6, moving fast through chapters always made last event's buildings not worth keeping. About the only one I'd keep 3 chapters down would be the fire phoenix, which I haven't upgraded and it's soon to be 3 chapters down when ch 16 begins.

The Valentine Float will likewise cost RRs to keep upgrading. At the moment it's providing coins and supplies which you don't have a problem with, but upgraded to ch 6 it will switch to providing T3 goods instead. If you keep upgrading it, it will begin to provide mana then seeds.

So, in general, I don't think upgrading either one would be very helpful especially if you are running through chapters faster than you are getting RR spells, which I suspect is the case. Not upgrading them is even less helpful since buildings at your current chapter level will usually out perform the older ones, with a few notable exceptions. I don't thing the Gingerbread Mansion or Valentine Float fall in that category. Eventually it comes down to why you play. If you love the look of the Gingerbread Mansion then the esthetics can trump function and it very much becomes worth keeping.

Deleted User - 4565442

Gingerbread Mansion, there is no comparison.

It's confirmed that from Phoenix 2020 onward, evolution buildings will have halved population and culture compared to 2019 ones and valentine platform.

There's no need to lose place in city with new evolution buildings from now on.

Jiali

Wow, you guys made a lot of valid points! Thank you for the input. However, I am now kicking myself because I disenchanted my
2019 Phoenix (I don't remember which one) and I also did away with the artifacts (some were traded for the 2020 phoenix artifacts) *sobs* I didn't realize the Fire Phoenix was so valuable! Now that I do... I'll be on the lookout. I think I've seen it pop up in the MA from time to time.

@Yogi Dave - I've built my city around fighting the tourneys... VERY helpful stats on the Fire Phoenix!

*Note to self* - Never again disenchant artifacts! :oops:

Yogi Dave

*Note to self* - Never again disenchant artifacts!
Sorry for the hard lesson. I've kept all of mine, even for the ones I don't think I'll place since they are rare items and you never no what Inno will actually do down the road. Also, I don't need the spell frags since I have 291k of them.

A tip for disenchanting: I've kept all the evolving building I haven't placed and don't think I will just so they don't show up in the MA to craft wasting a slot. If I chance my mind about one, I'll disenchant it and wait for one in my current chapter to show. I also crafted the chessboard set and keep it in inventory so they won't show up either. Inventory is a lot messier than it used to be, but not having those items pop up in the MA is worth it, in my opinion.

Jiali

I just realized, the exchange rate for the 2020 Phoenix artifact to 2019 artifact in the MA is 2:1 !! So to exchange, I need to lose 1 artifact. Is this true the other way around also?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
So it's a lose / lose situation! :mad:

I think a lot of players were both surprised and happy that we got the conversion recipes at all, and that is did not cost three artifacts to convert in both directions. A lot of us with 2019 Phoenix that were not fully leveled, were very happy with the three old artifacts, and getting the ability to convert the new into the old was a bonus. Now, I can see someone starting the game after the Phoenix Event last year being upset the conversion was not one-to-one, but us older players know how Inno operates and it must have been a difficult decision to give us any conversion recipes at all.

Jiali

I agree, it's nice to have the benefit of gaining the last artifacts to top off the buildings. It took a lot of pondering for me but I just decided to convert the 2020's to 2019's. Now all I need to do is get the chance to build the Fire Phoenix in my MA!

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I agree, it's nice to have the benefit of gaining the last artifacts to top off the buildings. It took a lot of pondering for me but I just decided to convert the 2020's to 2019's. Now all I need to do is get the chance to build the Fire Phoenix in my MA!

Do you have an old Fire Phoenix base in your inventory? Because if you do, a new one will not show up in crafting until you disenchant your old one. Or if you already have one out in your city, you would have to sell that one before it will show up for crafting. Also, if you do have a partially leveled one already out, unless you really want the other items the Phoenix gives your every 48 hours, the feeding ability is the most important thing about the Fire, as it boosts your troop damage by the same amount, no matter what chapter you were in when you got it, so a chapter 1 level 10 Fire gives the same +50% damage as a chapter 15 level 10.

Jiali

@Enevhar Aldarion , I'm trying to build my city for fighting tourneys and I do not have the Fire Phoenix. I originally thought I disenchanted one of the Phoenix buildings but, since I started in November 2019, I must have missed the event. It seems like a really good building to have for the tourney battles!