• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Community Welcome Signs (Pop-up for Visitors)

BoxWarrior

Pardon me since I am not very skilled at Forums. So, while I tried to search for this idea as a previous suggestion, I am not certain that I did so properly.... Anyway.

My idea involves a simple Information pop-up for visitors to one's city upon arrival. Such pop-up can be utilized as a option for city owners to convey several bits of information to visitors as they arrive.

1. They can obviously convey "Welcome" and showcase the City Owner's personality and interests for their work.
2. Make requests for certain needs a City Owner might wish to receive, should a Visitor have capacity to assist. This can be in the form of Trade Needs, Specific city features in need of boosts, or simply asking for suggestions to overcome any issues a City Owner may be stuck on.
3. Spark community interactions between Visitors and City Owners by allowing posts or comments to be left (maybe at owner's option).

Perhaps more ideas can be added depending on how a player might wish to embellish it to their needs.

Overall, I was thinking this could be a feature to bring the Elvenar player base as a whole closer together and foster more interactions among players of similar interests. Again, this should be a feature one can choose to switch on/off and only be visible as a quick pop-up that can disappear with a simple tap.

AtaguS

I like any idea which brings the player base together and encourages actual city visits from time to time. A big yes for me!

DeletedUser20010

Interesting.. I like it. It would be great for connecting with neighbours. I often join fs's far from my area to get a better distribution of goods going, and connecting with my neighbours is a bit more difficult.

Blue-Iris

I can't imagine anything more annoying that another popup when I'm doing visits. I'd stop doing them altogether.