• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Complete Boosted Upgrade Quest

able99

I never tested this and was just curious ...
When the bottom mentor Quest is "Complete 1 Boosted Manufacturing Upgrade to Chapter 11 or higher" ....
we all know this applied to T1,T2 and T3 goods.
Do you also get the reward for upgrading a Sentient or Ascended Goods Boosted Manufacturing?
I know at that level the reward in inconsequential, but was wondering if the Developers considered that as satisfying the Quest.
More to the point, should there be larger challenges and rewards for higher chapter players.
As the reward levels are now, I totally ignore the bottom mentor.

Yogi Dave

I was about to write that it doesn't matter which one, then I reread your post. Like you, I haven't tried that since I basically ignore the declinable quest now. However, eventually all 9 goods become boosted. That's what makes this an interesting question. Do you have to be able to make the S or A good for it to count? Level 24 factory is the lowest level when the 1st S good became available. I suspect since this quest was created long before the concept of S and A goods existed, it only applies to T goods. They just haven't changed the text to include 'Standard'. Still, this is an interesting question.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I was about to write that it doesn't matter which one, then I reread your post. Like you, I haven't tried that since I basically ignore the declinable quest now. However, eventually all 9 goods become boosted. That's what makes this an interesting question. Do you have to be able to make the S or A good for it to count? Level 24 factory is the lowest level when the 1st S good became available. I suspect since this quest was created long before the concept of S and A goods existed, it only applies to T goods. They just haven't changed the text to include 'Standard'. Still, this is an interesting question.
It's funny, Yogi, because I was about to challenge your view, saying that since the quest was made before sentients became available, sentients shouldn't matter. But then I reread your post and realized you're probably right, for exactly that reason ... that sentients weren't around when the quest was made, and they are talking about boosted.

I think we need @helya to give us a heads up on this, but I'm leaning toward your way of thinking now.

able99

Yogi, You made me laugh. Thank you and Happy New Year to all.
You are right, it only applies to Teir1 Goods for the reason you gave.
I posted the question because I think its time for the developers start thinking about upgrading the bottom mentors quest and adjust the rewards to make them chapter sensitive. Otherwise, he bottom mentor is just wasted space for later chapter players.
If you reached the level of ascended goods, perhaps you need to upgrade ascended boosted factory to lvl 24 or higher. Instead of quest to make Steel, perhaps quest should ask you to make Platinum. Similar change for Ascended Goods with manufacturing upgrade to lvl 33.
Along with this, rewards need to be adjusted to be meaningful for the later chapter players.
What really started as a question, should have been a suggestion to make Elvenar better.

Yogi Dave

Yogi, You made me laugh. Thank you and Happy New Year to all.
Always leave them laughing...if you can.
If you reached the level of ascended goods, perhaps you need to upgrade ascended boosted factory to lvl 24 or higher. Instead of quest to make Steel, perhaps quest should ask you to make Platinum. Similar change for Ascended Goods with manufacturing upgrade to lvl 33.
The problem with this would be you usually have your S and A manus maxed so there is no way to upgrade them. You can't really progress through the chapters if they aren't maxed. I also don't think a lot of players at those levels do the declinable quest since they don't really produce much in the way of rewards for the effort. I'm always glad when a declinable quest can't be completed by just playing my game. In fact, the only time I do one is when a chapter's storyline quest ends, and it rolls to a declinable one. At that point, I let them complete through normal play until they hit one that doesn't complete that way. Then when a new chapter starts, I have to decline one to get it to show the new chapter's storyline quest.

able99

Point well taken that your factories can be maxed out so upgrade may not be possible. As to the rewards value, adjusting them so they are meaningful is an important part that needs to be addressed. It should be something like a quantity of Seeds, or Unarium that is needed for upgrades or research. There is a point where the upgrade is possible and needed, and it should be the players task to skip to the upgrade to earn the meaningful reward. I haven't thought out the details of what level the updated quest should trigger of what is a meaningful reward. We can discuss that if the idea gains traction and we think there is a chance the developers will go for it.
Alternatively they should just eliminate that mentor.