• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Confused

kctanzen

So .. I'm a bit perplexed.

In game, I logged a support ticket.
Based on that response, the problem I had seemed to meet the qualifications for a bug report.

I logged the bug report on the forum, using the form provided.
I think I did mention that I had logged a support ticket, but I don't believe I mentioned details about that ticket. My aim was to avoid the scripted response of "log a support ticket".

I get a message today that the bug thread was deleted.

What did I do wrong?

DeletedUser

You probably didn't do anything "wrong". Did you check before posting to make sure your report was not a duplicate of an existing report?

kctanzen

I copied that template and put in the specific details I had.
The message I received was that the thread was deleted for violating forum rule 13, discussion of bans / support tickets.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
They do not permit sharing the contents of a ticket response. So that could be the problem?

kctanzen

I believe i mentioned a very brief (4 or 5 word) summary of the support ticket but did not quote at length or copy / paste anything.
It was not inflammatory, abusive, derogatory, or otherwise something I wouldn't want a parent, peer review, or work supervisor to see.

kctanzen

I didn't save the text in a notepad file so that I can go back and edit out what may have been against forum posting rules now either.
Learned that lesson now :)

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
You might be best PMing whoever sent you the note it was being deleted. Just say you want to make sure you don't make the same mistake?

kctanzen

I don't know how / who to send the PM .. there wasn't an account or admin name on the message. Unless my forum skills are even worse than I thought and i just can't find it... that is always possible too!

DeletedUser19914

File a ticket.
No, I'm not being snide. Not being given the opportunity to learn from a mistake, especially in a social game,is a bug.