• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Consistent connection issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser13538

Game version: latest android: 1.44.2-c71f12c-0 (us 1.44)
Game world: khelonaar
Browser + version: android app
Flash Player version: NA
Operating System: Android 7.1.1
Screen resolution: 1080 x 1920
Account name: trimps
Humans or Elves: human

Reproducibility: 5/5

Quest title: NA

Current situation:
Game hangs at the "2" of loading the game popping up the little wifi symbol with yellow exclamation mark. fades to black with a loading circle, eventually goes back to game loading image on loads the app. in game every few seconds the wifi symbol with the yellow exclamation will pop up, and various level of ability to play follow. sometimes it will halt for a second then let me do what i was looking to do, sometimes it will hang for an extended period of time. very notable when doing world neighbor visits, it will hang repeatedly, often failing completely.

This is an elvenar specific issue as the problem persists regardless if i am on wifi or LTE cellular data connections. I have 60/10 cable internet behind my wifi, and when the game shows the wifi symbol and claims connection issues, i can minimize the elvenar app, go to any other app, chrome browser for example and do a search and load a web page immediately with no delays, re-maximize the elvenar app and it still shows connection issues.

I have tried clearing the app data and even uninstalling and reinstalling the app with little to no effect.

Expected situation:
click an action in game and have it complete without getting connection errors or delays.

Reproduction Steps
open app
2. play game, very notable when visiting neighbors in the world view.

Screenshots of the bug:

http://ibb.co/kuyZum
http://ibb.co/nqUJLR

DeletedUser13538

if necessary i will download a screen recording app and record everything from launch to issue, minimize game and show my connection is solid.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
It's more likely to be a routing issue. I can not use the mobile app at all at our local university, unless I pass it through a VPN, at which point it performs flawlessly on various devices.

DeletedUser13538

It's more likely to be a routing issue. I can not use the mobile app at all at our local university, unless I pass it through a VPN, at which point it performs flawlessly on various devices.

its not. as i said, same device utilizing different apps have zero connectivity issues. additionally i can use the app, it just has intermittent connection issues, not an inability to connect to the server full stop.

additionally also as stated, the issue persists even when using cellular data which would utilize completely different routing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
its not. as i said, same device utilizing different apps have zero connectivity issues. additionally i can use the app, it just has intermittent connection issues, not an inability to connect to the server full stop.

additionally also as stated, the issue persists even when using cellular data which would utilize completely different routing.
I can not guarantee I am right, but you are making some incorrect assumptions. The routing issue might be anywhere along the chain, and it's not at all unlikely that your cellular provider and your home network provider are sharing some hardware somewhere along the path. It's also not at all unlikely that the protocol the app is using is different than the protocol the browser is using, which might be subject to different handling by the same machine. I'm telling you flat out, I can use the browser on my desktop computer at university with no issue, while trying to use the app on my phone, in the same room, which is going to pass through the exact same switch in the local building's network closet doesn't work. They are using the same dns and routing at my end (I work in Networks at the University). If I run that app through a vpn that exits in a city several hundred miles from here, it works perfectly, every time. The routing for the app is not working while my browser on the same device is fine. Web traffic is clearly being handled differently on our machinery than whatever protocol the app is using, which is probably on different ports, some of which may be blocked or bandwidth-limited for reasons that have nothing to do with Elvenar.

DeletedUser13538

I can not guarantee I am right, but you are making some incorrect assumptions. The routing issue might be anywhere along the chain, and it's not at all unlikely that your cellular provider and your home network provider are sharing some hardware somewhere along the path. It's also not at all unlikely that the protocol the app is using is different than the protocol the browser is using, which might be subject to different handling by the same machine. I'm telling you flat out, I can use the browser on my desktop computer at university with no issue, while trying to use the app on my phone, in the same room, which is going to pass through the exact same switch in the local building's network closet doesn't work. They are using the same dns and routing at my end (I work in Networks at the University). If I run that app through a vpn that exits in a city several hundred miles from here, it works perfectly, every time. The routing for the app is not working while my browser on the same device is fine. Web traffic is clearly being handled differently on our machinery than whatever protocol the app is using, which is probably on different ports, some of which may be blocked or bandwidth-limited for reasons that have nothing to do with Elvenar.

there is no way you are in IT and think my residential ISP and my cellular provider likely share hardware. what exactly is your job function? if you are talking about the backhaul or backbone provider, that has nothing to do with either my isp or cell provider, and would be indicated by a vast swath of the user base having the issue.

[EDITED BY XELENIA]

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
there is no way you are in IT and think my residential ISP and my cellular provider likely share hardware. what exactly is your job function? if you are talking about the backhaul or backbone provider, that has nothing to do with either my isp or cell provider, and would be indicated by a vast swath of the user base having the issue.
You are incorrect. I have been in my current position in network services for just short of a decade. I think it's highly likely that two services operating out of the same city may share hardware between you and Inno because it is the most efficient way of handling the large traffic volumes between major centers, but that is irrelevant to the fact that both networks may be interfering with the protocol for the app at some point along their route while still allowing browser traffic to flow unimpeded because they happen to be using the same hard or soft component, (whether the same specific iteration, or not).

For the Third time, I can use Both my Android phone and an iPhone to do all kinds of things on the internet at my local campus, but the Elvenar app will not successfully complete any actions until I use a VPN, at which point it works flawlessly on the same network.

None of that means it is the proximal cause of your problems, but trying out a vpn for an hour is not exactly a herculean task in attempting to troubleshoot an issue that is not common.

If you're hoping to get anything much above wild guesses off a forum in which the developers never participate, you're going to have a frustrating road ahead. I'll stop cluttering up your thread, now, so it can remain pristine for the other players who are lining up to offer more useful suggestions.

SparklyTreeDancer

I play in Khe also...got home and tried to start and it opened into another realm. Forced to do the tutor just to try to get back to my realm. Now khelonarr only loads to 11 and no further.

DeletedUser13538

@trimps
If you can't handle someone in the forum trying to help Why not contact Support?
I'm sorry your having so many problems

actual attempts to help would be incredibly welcome. wild unfounded guesses like the above poster is offering less so.

primarily i'm looking for is acknowledgement of the issue and to have it forwarded to the devs to hopefully be looked into and resolved.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Generally, the quickest path to the devs is via in-game support. These forums are made up of players, a few of whom are volunteer moderators and you will see that title underneath their avatar/name. While one of them may eventually see your post and be able to give direction/forward the info, it's just not the quickest resolution. Interactions with Inno Games on these forums is minimal if not non-existent. Right-click on the game, choose support, put in a ticket. That'll get to someone who can actually help you.

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
Hello trimps,

This is a particular issue I cannot produced but I will look into it more. At first I thought it was the past identified network loading issue but yours seems to be different. I am glad to see you have taken necessary step such as cache / data clearing to fix the matter. I will find out if it is an identified issue from the developers end point.

~Xelenia

P.S As a general reminder, we are here as a community to help out one and another.

DeletedUser13538

You are incorrect. I have been in my current position in network services for just short of a decade. I think it's highly likely that two services operating out of the same city may share hardware between you and Inno because it is the most efficient way of handling the large traffic volumes between major centers, but that is irrelevant to the fact that both networks may be interfering with the protocol for the app at some point along their route while still allowing browser traffic to flow unimpeded because they happen to be using the same hard or soft component, (whether the same specific iteration, or not).

For the Third time, I can use Both my Android phone and an iPhone to do all kinds of things on the internet at my local campus, but the Elvenar app will not successfully complete any actions until I use a VPN, at which point it works flawlessly on the same network.

None of that means it is the proximal cause of your problems, but trying out a vpn for an hour is not exactly a herculean task in attempting to troubleshoot an issue that is not common.

If you're hoping to get anything much above wild guesses off a forum in which the developers never participate, you're going to have a frustrating road ahead. I'll stop cluttering up your thread, now, so it can remain pristine for the other players who are lining up to offer more useful suggestions.

Hello trimps,

This is a particular issue I cannot produced but I will look into it more. At first I thought it was the past identified network loading issue but yours seems to be different. I am glad to see you have taken necessary step such as cache / data clearing to fix the matter. I will find out if it is an identified issue from the developers end point.

~Xelenia

P.S As a general reminder, we are here as a community to help out one and another.

the recent update to 1.44.3-4b4b491-0 (us 1.44) was installed for me today and seems to have resolved all the connectivity issues. i will know for sure tomorrow when i do world visits, but i haven't seen a single connection lag on this new version, something i haven't seen in several updates.

DeletedUser13538

Generally, the quickest path to the devs is via in-game support. These forums are made up of players, a few of whom are volunteer moderators and you will see that title underneath their avatar/name. While one of them may eventually see your post and be able to give direction/forward the info, it's just not the quickest resolution. Interactions with Inno Games on these forums is minimal if not non-existent. Right-click on the game, choose support, put in a ticket. That'll get to someone who can actually help you.
thank you, i seem to have dramatically misunderstood the purpose of this particular sub-forum as a front line filter for issues to be escalated to the dev team.

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
This sub forum is used to forward identified issues to the developers ^.^ and they are monitored. Sometimes I may not respond right away due to real life or because I am looking into the issue before replying. If you do come across any issue in the future and it is not identified here in this particular subforum, feel free to post it please.

And I am glad to know the issue is momentarily resolved, keep us updated with the latest update you have downloaded.

the recent update to 1.44.3-4b4b491-0 (us 1.44) was installed for me today and seems to have resolved all the connectivity issues. i will know for sure tomorrow when i do world visits, but i haven't seen a single connection lag on this new version, something i haven't seen in several updates.

thank you, i seem to have dramatically misunderstood the purpose of this particular sub-forum as a front line filter for issues to be escalated to the dev team.

DeletedUser13538

This sub forum is used to forward identified issues to the developers ^.^ and they are monitored. Sometimes I may not respond right away due to real life or because I am looking into the issue before replying. If you do come across any issue in the future and it is not identified here in this particular subforum, feel free to post it please.

And I am glad to know the issue is momentarily resolved, keep us updated with the latest update you have downloaded.

I'm glad a volunteer forum moderator has made you feel better. Best of luck.

i can verify the update did indeed resolve my issue. it would seem the issue was something the devs were not only already aware of, but already working on.

who knows which is was, but i'm glad the issue is resolved.

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
Thread cleaned and closed due to resolution.
All personal matters should be taken to the privacy of your conversation.

~Xelenia

Status
Not open for further replies.