• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Consortium of Fellowships as a Concept

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I think it's about teamwork, everyone is voluntarily doing their bit

That's the way I like it. We are always top ten in FA, usually Top five and no one ever cracks a whip.
Everyone is self motivated.
I'm guessing that is true with most of the higher ranked FS'.
When your whole team is people who've been playing for at least three years obviously they're people who love the game.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
@mucksterme and @Silly Bubbles It took a lot of work to get there, didn't it? Finding that many people, and keeping that many people content, is hard work until you get the right group, then it's just communicating and encouraging. I put out two reports a week, a Weekend Report where I emphasize the triumphs of the week (we seldom have defeats but when we do I still talk about the many triumphs), and a Wednesday Night Report where I tell everybody how we are doing. Usually we are "right on target" for our goals for the week. Sometimes we are ahead, and seldom behind. Mostly we don't have defeats because I keep our goals easily reachable and move them up as our cities/abilities grow. Being in a hurry to "get to the top," I think, is what puts pressure on players.

AJ

hvariidh gwendrot

all these labels are flexible in the use
relaxed play can be gold and 10+ chests
drama free does not mean people are going to forgo having lives or have contrary opinions, it's about the ability to cope, the icon for drama is 2 faces locked together 1 cries the other laughs
work in this game is just building your city correctly for the style of play you prefer then the time it takes to gow,
the game seems to enjoy making it difficult for new players to find an active fellowship, and you can't make fellowships cut the inactives to look better that they are,
playerrs are going to find like minded fellowships and settle in, not to mention all you thieves out there trying to steaL players everyday lol
confederation/consortium sounds to me like giving up control of recruiting and taking leftovers, (maybe not) but good luck with that as it wont effect how we do things

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
all these labels are flexible in the use
relaxed play can be gold and 10+ chests
drama free does not mean people are going to forgo having lives or have contrary opinions, it's about the ability to cope, the icon for drama is 2 faces locked together 1 cries the other laughs
work in this game is just building your city correctly for the style of play you prefer then the time it takes to gow,
the game seems to enjoy making it difficult for new players to find an active fellowship, and you can't make fellowships cut the inactives to look better that they are,
playerrs are going to find like minded fellowships and settle in, not to mention all you thieves out there trying to steaL players everyday lol
confederation/consortium sounds to me like giving up control of recruiting and taking leftovers, (maybe not) but good luck with that as it wont effect how we do things
Actually, you give up control of nothing, recruiting or otherwise. Corrections: you do have to remove "inactives" from your roster so it reflects the number of openings you actually have. Why? Because it's not unusual for us to place 2-5 players at once and thus, if you say you only have 2 openings and don't report the 3 inactives, you may lose out. And, it's just easier to claim your fellowships are fully active when you restrict the number of inactives that can be listed to 2. In any case, you can continue to recruit as you always have with the two changes. First, that if you run into active players not suitable for your fs you pass them on to the organization; and second, that if your own players needs change to the point they would be better in another fellowship, you look at the TC fellowships and suggest one meeting their needs better. This really works to move players who are not yet keeping up into fellowships where they can grow since the move is a positive one rather than losing contact with them as they move to some unknown fellowship.

So, no, we don't really tell you how to recruit but only ask you cooperate with us when you recruit. The nature of this game is cooperation, I'm told, so it's really in the spirit of things here, don't you think?

AJ