• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Construction Boosts: On/Off Toggle

Erivan

I love the time savings of Construction Boosts, but would really like the ability to toggle on/off whether or not to use an boost when building or upgrading.

There are times I have to leave buildings and builders idle because I'm trying to "save" an available boost. (I'm about to use a construction boost on 5 minute, level 3 Residence upgrade, when I'd rather save it for the upgrade after, or more importantly to make sure I have a boost available for upgrading my Barracks to level 19 when I get my next production run completed.)

I hope this would be a simple feature to add, and that it would be another small improvement to enhance gameplay for all.

Thank you for your time and consideration,
~Erivan

NightshadeCS

Do you have in your city name for people to aid the Builder first? If so, it shouldn't take long before someone else gives you neighborly aid and you have another build boost available.

Also, the boosts are not used up when you build a new building, and perhaps even some of the shorter upgrades. I'm not sure of the comprehensive list, but perhaps others can weigh in on those.

It's not a bad idea, inherently, but my gut tells me this isn't something the developers will think is necessary to change.

Silver Lady

NH is given per builder (slot) and lasts for a specific time not number of upgrades done or which buildings are upgraded. The caveat is for the upgrade to have the reduction in construction time you must use a builder that has received NH and the actual construction must start after the builder received the NH.

Kekune

NH is given per builder (slot) and lasts for a specific time not number of upgrades done or which buildings are upgraded.
I think the OP and Nightshade had it correct above; when you start an upgrade, it consumes a boost that's been applied.

I like this idea, at least in the absence of other ideas and priorities. Some things (like houses) I often don't care about boosting. But I always want my military buildings to upgrade ASAP. And yes, I can get another boost quickly enough. But I'd rather waste fewer boosts on upgrades I don't need to hurry and get more of a different kind of neighborly help.

That being said... in the scheme of things this doesn't feel like a big problem. It would be nice to have, though.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I think I too, like this idea. It would be nice if the boost started when you wanted it to and upon the building of your desire. So the slots would be filled by NH, but not applied until you applied them, and then they would run the normal length of the NH when the person visited. In general I never paid a whole lot attention to the builder boost because it seemed so hit and miss even when I but "Builder" first in my city name. This might make me pay attention more and notice the NH I'm getting more often.

AJ

Silver Lady

I’m not concerned about a builder boost or an off/on switch. When I want an upgraded finished faster (i.e. Now) I used time boosters. If Inno decides to mess around with NH, I‘d like to see the builders removed and military buildings added. So if some one polished an armory it would increase training size or if a barracks/training grounds/mercenary camp were polished you’d get a boost to the training speed.

Erivan

Thank you all for your feedback. This is a relatively small request, and no it does not create a large impact to the game. But I figure it is a small improvement, and why not move towards improvement continuously?

I do have a request in my city name for *Builders/Culture*, which brings up another thing that could be improved now that you mention it.. The game could allow you to set the priority of help you receive, either flagging your preferred help type, or allowing you to change the order of the NH icons to improve the chances of getting the help you need. Even though I request B/C, I cannot say how many times I still get Culture help or even MH for that matter...

All this said, I must admit I am a construction/time boost addict..

All in all, again, just looking for small ways to move towards a better experience for all.
~Cheers

NightshadeCS

Just to make sure you know, if 5 people have already helped your builder (assuming max upgrades), no one else can until you use up one of the boosts. So while some people may be clicking on culture and main hall mistakenly or lazily (which I will admit doing myself quite often), others may have no choice in the matter.

Silver Lady

Having been a OOPs in another life, changing the coding so that each person can set the order of the NH icons is very significant. I like the idea, but I doubt Inno will approve the cost of the change. :(

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Having been a OOPs in another life, changing the coding so that each person can set the order of the NH icons is very significant. I like the idea, but I doubt Inno will approve the cost of the change. :(
How would it be different than "hearting" your chosen wonder?

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
@SoggyShorts

Silver Lady's right, I think. The coding for sorting would be more intense as it's at a higher level of objects. Changing the color of an element within an object is pretty trivial and if they add the heart to the definition of the box it's applicable to all boxes automatically. No need to redraw anything. Add the heart object to the box object and your done. Then set the element (the heart) color upon initialization (when each individual box is actually placed on the screen, so to speak).

Changing the order of object display within an object (the boxes in this case within the window) is higher than turning off or on a single element within the box so it would be more coding AND might have a more serious impact on other aspects of the game, depending on how things are defined.

In any case, I doubt the devs would do either since it's probably not a big enough problem and they have other (bigger?) fish to fry.

AJ

Erivan

@SoggyShorts

Silver Lady's right, I think. .... if they add the heart to the definition of the box it's applicable to all boxes automatically. No need to redraw anything. Add the heart object to the box object and your done. Then set the element (the heart) color upon initialization (when each individual box is actually placed on the screen, so to speak).

In any case, I doubt the devs would do either since it's probably not a big enough problem and they have other (bigger?) fish to fry.

AJ

The best way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time. But I absolutely agree that this is a small enhancement in a big world.. It would be nice though!