• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Contest for Contests discussion

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Hmmm you launched this weeks ago and just now got around to telling us, so isn't the contest closed by now? Inno Elvenar has this terrible habit of muddying the waters on a start date by posting an introduction that is all out of context for when a thread is published. Y'all shouldn't be feeding this imho.

Alram

Flippers just flip
Hmmm you launched this weeks ago and just now got around to telling us, so isn't the contest closed by now? Inno Elvenar has this terrible habit of muddying the waters on a start date by posting an introduction that is all out of context for when a thread is published. Y'all shouldn't be feeding this imho.
lol I thought it was just me. :)
The contests don't show up in my What's New notices so I miss them a lot.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
The completion date is listed in the contest post. The discussion thread is added because there were questions in the entry thread. Forum contests are posted by the forum team, not InnoGames, so please be sure to cast your blame in the right direction.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
The completion date is listed in the contest post. The discussion thread is added because there were questions in the entry thread. Forum contests are posted by the forum team, not InnoGames, so please be sure to cast your blame in the right direction.
Ok
My apologies to Inno Elvenar. I must be blind, I do not see a date, for the Contest about Contests.

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
The goal is to bring players to the forum. We would need a recurring in game notification corresponding to the "to be determined by the forum team" contest duration. Something like the following.

""Join your fellow players in the Forum!!!" Share your knowledge and ask your questions!

Everyone who posts in the forum has a chance to win "prize to be determined by forum team" every "# of days to be determined by the forum team".""

This would be a recurring contest, every couple of weeks maybe, someone would win something.
Was this for the contest or in response to the above entry? Just curious.

Lille Kraake

Do I understand correctly that this contest is open only to US players, since prizes will only be awarded to accounts on the US server? I don't care to participate if I am ineligible to claim prizes.

Alram

Flippers just flip
Do I understand correctly that this contest is open only to US players, since prizes will only be awarded to accounts on the US server? I don't care to participate if I am ineligible to claim prizes.
Which server is your game account on? Maybe you could suggest that your forum have contests too.

Alram

Flippers just flip
Great idea to have an in-game announcement of the Contest! I suggest at least one more 24 hours before the contest closes!

Last edited:

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Fun Fact: I had been stealthily reading the forums for awhile, but didn't officially create an account until the irresistible call to shenanigans required that I create an account to formally enter a forum contest.

I did have technical difficulties creating a forum account though because I was experiencing an endless email confirmation loop. The forum contest was the catalyst to contact support and bother with sorting it out. Win or lose, my FS was going to have a good laugh at my entry so it was worthwhile. I speak from experience that forum contests do work in bringing all the nut cases players to the yard...

thx569

If we are talking about new adventures, how about some decent prizes and quantities from the existing bunch

Sir Strongrod

The "Welcome Home " Contest

I love contests where we can draw our fellowship members into visiting the forum. When we get more people on the forum, they are likely to make friends here and keep playing the game.

So here's the idea.

Contest Introduction:

Welcome home to the forum, Elvenarians! Whether you've been here for years or are brand new, we want you to feel right at home, with new friends to make and so much to learn. So join in and post in this new "Welcome Home Contest". Come and meet your neighbors, view their cities, and get to know a little about them. Invite your fellowship members to earn extra entries, in one big homecoming party for all!

To enter the contest, make a post on the contest thread that includes ALL of the following:

A screen shot of your Elvenar city.

The name of the world where that city is located.

The name of your fellowship in that world.

Your favorite ANYTHING … could be a favorite song, favorite food, favorite color, etc. Just name one of your "favorites" so we can all get to know something about you!

All of the above four things must be included in one post, not multiple posts.

You can enter the contest once per world, for as many worlds as you play in. In other words, if you play in both Sinya Arda and Arendyll, post once for Sinya and once for Arendyll. Make sure your screen shot is the correct one for that world.

Don't have a fellowship? Perhaps this will spur you to join one! Fellowships are always looking for good people!

But even if you play alone, you can still win a special consolation prize if you have a city in all of the named worlds and post an entry for every world. That way, even those who don't want to be part of a fellowship can still win a prize.

But wait! There's more!

Invite your fellowship members to the forum to post an entry. For every fellowship member who creates a valid post, you will earn one additional entry and so will they!

In other words:

If a person makes one valid post on the Contest Thread, they'll get one chance at the prizes.

If two people from the same world and the same fellowship post a valid entry, then EACH of them will get TWO entries instead of one.

If three people from the same world and the same fellowship make a valid entry, then each of the fellowship members will get THREE entries instead of one.

On and on and on …

If a person is on all the worlds and they draw enough people from their fellowships, they could wind up with a lot of chances!

(We might even get people to try out new worlds during this contest. Heck, I've often wondered what the weather was like on Khel or Wyn… maybe I'll create a city and check it out.)

Here's a scenario:

Deb plays on three worlds in fellowships A, B, and C.

Deb posts three entries, one for each world. If no one else from her fellowships enters, then she will earn 3 chances to win.

However, let's say that three additional members from fellowship A post entries, and two additional members from fellowship B post entries. Now instead of three entries, Deb will earn eight. (four for the first world, 3 for the second world, and 1 for the third world)

At the end of the contest, All the contest entries from each world/fellowship will have to be totaled up (but I've thought about it and it's not that difficult a task … heck I'd even volunteer for the math, if I am not in the running to win.)

The determination of winners could be one of two ways. Either the one with the most entries wins, or it could be the same as if people were buying raffle tickets. The more chances you have, the greater the chance that you'll win a big prize. Since the prizes are not part of this, according to Astram, I'll leave that part for the mods to decide.

That's it … that's my Welcome Home Contest. :)

Astram said:

"Complete means; having a clearly defined Goal, an attention-grabbing title, instructions for participating, what, if anything, is needed to be provided by us( pictures...), and any specific details that would apply. If your design is incomplete at the final date it will be disqualified from judging."

Defined goal and attention grabbing title: Welcome Home Contest designed to bring more people from fellowships into the forum. A secondary goal may be to get people to try out new worlds (they may start a world for the extra entry, but might stay if they like the boosts they get or the neighborhood, etc. You never know!)

Pictures: A welcome home sign would be good, maybe something that signifies homecomings, like Thanksgiving cornucopias (the one above was found on the Wiki).

I think I've covered all the bases, hopefully. This could be shortened by a ton, but I wanted to have the examples in so it would be clear. I hope I didn't make it too long. I'll cut it by half if you like. :)
Where's the thread we're supposed to post to??