• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Contest Quest

• Thread starter DeletedUser3111
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser3111

There is a new contest, with no name other than 'Contest'
It has 17 steps according to the new quest everyone recieved that gives 4 each of the first tier relics, and 10 knowledge points for completing them all.

Here are the steps so far, I will update as I complete more:
Step 1: Make 10 Beverages - 1 marble relic
Step 2: Spend 3 Knowledge points - 1 Steel Relic
Step 3: Train 30 units - 1 Knowledge Points
Step 4: Buy 3 Knowledge Points - 1 Crystal Relic
Step 5: Scout 1 Province - 1 Scroll Relic
Step 6: Produce Spell "Power of Provision" 1 time - 1 Silk Relic

My current location is here, the following are from replies on the thread:

Step 7: produce advanced tools 10 times - 2 Knowledge Points
Step 8: complete 2 provinces or spend 20 Kp - ?
Step 9: 9 produce tier 1 boost 6 times at 3 hours - ?
Step 10: 10 spend 20 KP - ?
Step 11: 11 produce 2 power of provisions - ?
Step 12: 12 scout 3 provinces or produce 3 power of provisions - ?
Step 13: 13 produce 40 simple tools - ?
Step 14: 14 produce 6 advance tools and 6 tier 1 boosts at 24 hours - ?
Step 15: 15 produce 100 beverages - ?
Step 16: 16 upgrade 4 buildings to lvl 5 or higher - ?
Step 17: 17 train 700 units or complete 4 provinces - ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 727550

I am also waiting on scouting. Hopefully it won't be impossible to finish in the 10 days

Deleted User - 727550

Step 7 is produce advanced tools 10 times and the reward is 2 Knowledge Points

DeletedUser2744

8 is complete 2 provinces OR spend 20 KP..... 9 is complete 6 precious rings which is my 3 hour steel production, so can assume it will be whatever you steel/lumber/marble boost is

DeletedUser2190

Heres what was shared in my fellowship
8 complete 2 provinces or spend 20 Kp
9 produce tier 1 boost 6 times at 3 hours
10 spend 20 KP
11 produce 2 power of provisions
12 scout 3 provinces or produce 3 power of provisions
13 produce 40 simple tools
14 produce 6 advance tools and 6 tier 1 boosts at 24 hours
15 produce 100 beverages
16 upgrade 4 buildings to lvl 5 or higher
17 train 700 units or complete 4 provinces

DeletedUser3111

Considering the rewards dont appear to be tailored to the specific boost, I would not bet that the production requires your tier 1, it may just always be precious rings. I would say I will let you know, but steel is my T1 boost for my main town. I plan to do these with my other town as well, though so once it catches up, I will see.
I will definitely hold of on any scouting for the time being though, since I have to conquer provinces to open more scouting at the moment.

I will continue to update the first post as I complete quests, or as people indicate the rewards for further quests. Overall, it looks like its very doable to be done in 9 days. 700 troops even isnt that bad, and thats about the longest one. 100 beverages will be tedious as heck but really only a bit over an hour with my 8 workshops.

Step 11 could be a real issue if you arent running an academy though :/

DeletedUser

Well, there goes my fun. And I was enjoying the Contest, too. But I don't have a Magic Academy in my main city and I still don't want to build one knowing that 99% of the time it's a total waste of space. I was planning to put one down at the end of fairies, but now I realize instead I need more population=more residences, so I can upgrade armories & elixir manufactories before Orcs & Goblins. Plus, I'll also need space if I want any of the shiny new Ancient Wonders. Ergo no Magic Academy. Ergo Contest is pointless, since I might sneak through step 7 with NH, but not step 11. At least I can still play it in my secondary city, where the MA spends all day snoozing in the sun.

Calairiel

Considering the rewards dont appear to be tailored to the specific boost, I would not bet that the production requires your tier 1, it may just always be precious rings. I would say I will let you know, but steel is my T1 boost for my main town. I plan to do these with my other town as well, though so once it catches up, I will see.
I will definitely hold of on any scouting for the time being though, since I have to conquer provinces to open more scouting at the moment.

I will continue to update the first post as I complete quests, or as people indicate the rewards for further quests. Overall, it looks like its very doable to be done in 9 days. 700 troops even isnt that bad, and thats about the longest one. 100 beverages will be tedious as heck but really only a bit over an hour with my 8 workshops.

Step 11 could be a real issue if you arent running an academy though :/

I did discover that if you go and visit your fellowship or the map and find a PoP in a treasure chest, it does count toward the production task. Makes sense with the fact not everyone has a Magic Academy yet.

DeletedUser3040

I read that one of the later ones is to upgrade 4 buildings to lvl 5+. Do you think that will be like the quest where you upgrade a 'building' and workshops, residences and manufactories don't count since they have their own quests?

Edit: I didn't even read the OP. "Step 16: 16 upgrade 4 buildings to lvl 5 or higher - ?"

The only buildings I really know of that work with that quest are armories, so I hope it's not the same.

DeletedUser3040

So I should be able to just set aside a few extra manufactories/workshops, get them to level 4, use them to help with the previous tasks, and then upgrade them when it's time?

DeletedUser50

So I should be able to just set aside a few extra manufactories/workshops, get them to level 4, use them to help with the previous tasks, and then upgrade them when it's time?

Yes, but some of us hit an old bug on Beta that the upgrades would not register for the quest unless we were online when the upgrade finished.
To be on the safe side, I'm going to leave the game open when I get to that quest here.

DeletedUser2191

There is a new contest, with no name other than 'Contest'
It has 17 steps according to the new quest everyone recieved that gives 4 each of the first tier relics, and 10 knowledge points for completing them all.

Here are the steps so far, I will update as I complete more:
Step 1: Make 10 Beverages - 1 marble relic
Step 2: Spend 3 Knowledge points - 1 Steel Relic
Step 3: Train 30 units - 1 Knowledge Points
Step 4: Buy 3 Knowledge Points - 1 Crystal Relic
Step 5: Scout 1 Province - 1 Scroll Relic
Step 6: Produce Spell "Power of Provision" 1 time - 1 Silk Relic

My current location is here, the following are from replies on the thread:

Step 7: produce advanced tools 10 times - 2 Knowledge Points
Step 8: complete 2 provinces or spend 20 Kp - ?
Step 9: 9 produce tier 1 boost 6 times at 3 hours - ?
Step 10: 10 spend 20 KP - ?
Step 11: 11 produce 2 power of provisions - ?
Step 12: 12 scout 3 provinces or produce 3 power of provisions - ?
Step 13: 13 produce 40 simple tools - ?
Step 14: 14 produce 6 advance tools and 6 tier 1 boosts at 24 hours - ?
Step 15: 15 produce 100 beverages - ?
Step 16: 16 upgrade 4 buildings to lvl 5 or higher - ?
Step 17: 17 train 700 units or complete 4 provinces - ?

Reward for completing Step 9 is Inspiring Meditation Spell x 1
Reward for completing Step 10 is Magic Dust Relic x 2

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1766

Well if those are the requirements then it is impossible to do it in the time. Scouting a province takes over a day for me and there is no way that I can scout 3 provinces in less than 4 days. The spells also take at least 12 hours to do so with only 7 days to go and only being at item 5 I am probably wasting my time even trying to work on it. Disappointing.

DeletedUser1766

Hmm upgrading 4 buildings to level 5 when all mine are over level 10. Another quest that refuses to recognise the level of the player. There is no way I am building 4 new buildings just to try and upgrade them that high.

DeletedUser3040

It doesn't take up much space, population, or time at all to drop down a few more manufactories and get them up to lvl 4 in preparation. If they're your boost, they can help with the 6 24-hour productions quest, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.