• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Convert Rune Shards to Ancient Knowledge

Tauriel Dragonwood

How does the “Convert Rune Shards to Ancient Knowledge” work? I understand this to mean, you can’t use the rune shards if your Ancient Wonder is already built. And if no one is contributing to it, you can’t use the rune shards to add to another player’s Ancient Wonder. Is that correct?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
You can only use rune shards in the Wonder they match. If you use one on your Wonder, it adds 10 KP to the total needed to level up, or it adds 15 KP in someone else's Wonder. On the screen where you can add your KP or use the AW KP, there is also a button to use the rune shards.

Zoof

How does the “Convert Rune Shards to Ancient Knowledge” work? I understand this to mean, you can’t use the rune shards if your Ancient Wonder is already built. And if no one is contributing to it, you can’t use the rune shards to add to another player’s Ancient Wonder. Is that correct?
It refers to the functionality enabled by the button highlighted in the example image below, and functions as @Enevhar Aldarion specified in the post above. The rune shard graphic shown in that button will vary depending on which AW is being observed, and will consume one of the corresponding rune from your inventory when pressed, regardless of whose AW you're viewing.

1666759734608.png

Tauriel Dragonwood

When I click on the button that says Convert Rune Shards to Ancient Knowledge, it automatically adds Ancient Knowledge to my Research progress. How do I convert rune shards to add Ancient Knowledge to another player's Ancient Wonder that has contributed to mine?

Tauriel Dragonwood

@muffy.
Thank you for the link. I like watching Jack's videos on Platinum Leaf. They help answer a lot of questions I have. What I needed to know though was how to convert Rune Shards to Ancient Knowledge. Thank you everyone for helping me to understand this feature. Never used it before because I was afraid I would need those rune shards. Now I can help my fellowship with the extra rune shards I have.

defiantoneks

@muffy.
Thank you for the link. I like watching Jack's videos on Platinum Leaf. They help answer a lot of questions I have. What I needed to know though was how to convert Rune Shards to Ancient Knowledge. Thank you everyone for helping me to understand this feature. Never used it before because I was afraid I would need those rune shards. Now I can help my fellowship with the extra rune shards I have.
the good thing is that if you play in the tourney regularly, you will continually replenish some supply of runeshards. the earlier AW of course will refill faster (Golden Abyss, etc)