• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Copying and forwarding fellowship messages

DeletedUser5278

As Archmage of two fellowships, I send out weekly updates and tips to our members as well as other notes. On a number of occasions I've welcomed new members just after I've mailed my weekly note to members. In my home e-mail, I'd simply highlight and copy the FS note and send it to the new player. However since we cannot copy or forward in Elvenar's mail system - I'm forced to retype the entire message. I'd love to see developers enhance the messaging system within the game to allow copying and forwarding of messages.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
There is an ugly work-around:
  1. Left click on the text you want to copy ( it will seem like nothing has happened but that's ok )
  2. Now right click, click settings, then click "close"
  3. The text highlights, so click nothing - but on the keyboard press CTRL and C
  4. The text should be copied but again, nothing looks like it happened.
  5. Then in the spot you want to paste, press CTRL and V and the highlighted text will show up

DeletedUser5278

Thanks, Soggy! Unfortunately - those of us with iMacs have one-button mouses - so left/right clicking isn't possible. I'll give it a shot though!

DeletedUser5278

No such luck. Oh, well... It does make a person wonder though - the game developers have the the resources to open whole new worlds - but don't take care of basic housekeeping issues. It's like equipping a kitchen with top-end appliances - but not buying forks or spoons...

Maevie

Another option you can try - perhaps just as ugly, though it would be better than having to recompose entire messages - is to keep a basic template in plain text documents to copy and paste from, then edit just to personalize. From there, you can always update the text doc as needed. If you don't have a program on your computer that you like (I prefer Notetab Lite, but I'm not sure if it's compatible with your device), you can try https://pastebin.com/