• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Crafting RNG Messed Up?

The Unbeliever

Anyone else having issues with constant repetition of the same crafting recipes?
I've heard that the RNG will slightly favour items that you craft more often than others, (ie: if you craft time instants every time, but *never* craft a coin instant, the RNG will give a slight bias towards offering more time instants and fewer coin instants)

However, even if this is just bunk, I've been seeing too many repeats of only a handful of recipes and others seems to have disappeared entirely!
For example, the past three days in my human city, the only buildings I've seen are the various unicorns, the odd fire/earth codex, and the T1/2/3 trader buildings. (the little 2x3's that give higher amounts of non-boosted goods)
I haven't seen a combat booster in days! Likewise I've been getting no pet food show up, and instead just get flooded with bear artifact recipes and marble + silk relics!
Yet my Elf city by contrast, is getting at least 1 combat booster every single day! (and yes, I'm absolutely crafting every last one of those, even though I'm running low on CC's because of their high frequency!)

I've had bad spells before, but this seems much different, almost like I'm being locked out of the combat boosters & instead haven been locked into a repeating cycle of Traveling Merchants & Unicorns! (...well, except for that one time where I had a Festival Merchant offered twice in a row!)

Grid Gypsy

I can't be positive of course, but in my experience there's no favoring often crafted recipes. Time boosts and gold/supply crafting have probably made up 99% of what I've done since I started playing, and I know for a fact that I went a solid 2 months at least without seeing a single coin rain at one point. The reason I know is because they dried up before one FA and then reappeared after the next one. I also know I just got my first orc's nest this week after not seeing them since early chapter seven, and I'm in ten. Is there a rhyme and reason for the dry spells? No idea, but make up your mind that you really don't need them and they just might reappear.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
It does seem to respond to the amount of spell fragments and combining catalyst you have, as I mostly get offered the high costs items when I have sufficient amounts to produce them.

Moho

Chef
I'm pretty sure it's not 100% random. There seem to be periodal changes, which alternate depending on criteria I could only guess and using a mechanism I could never pinpoint.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I'm pretty sure it's not 100% random.
It's close. Some recipes are weighted more heavily than others (bases and 2:1 artifacts for example).
Otherwise, I very much doubt that inno would spend the time and effort to implement anything as difficult as has been suggested in this thread.

I've personally seen the same number hit 4x in a row on roulette so I try not to blame developer magic when RNG is much more likely the culprit.

The Unbeliever

*sigh*
Here we go again - Travelling Merchant and Bear Artifact - yay?! >.<

Maybe it's time to round some weedy grots to sacrifice to the RNG gods?
At the very least, the ladz will get a real larff outa seeing who can punt-a-runt the farthest! :D