• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Creating Enchantments without clicking on your Magic Academy

Smooper

I am preparing myself for the FA and remembered reading a post about creating combining catalysts and not collecting them until the FA starts. I want to do this but do not see the way to make more when using the lower toolbar. Any help?

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
There are two ways to access the MA spell queue. The first is to double-click on the building itself, which also triggers a collection. So that's out. The second is to go to the crafting icon at the bottom of the page (technically it's the MA icon, but I think of it as crafting). On that window there's a "Produce" tab. That's the spell queue is located. At that point you can add to the queue. And since you didn't double-click or highlight the actual MA, whatever is there to collect remains uncollected.

AJ

Zoof

Thanks, I was looking in my inventory for a way to produce them for some reason.
You can do that too. When you open your inventory and click "Disenchant", a "Crafting" button pops up. That new button brings you into MA as well. At least, it's that way on the PC/browser version of Elvenar.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Now what I need to know is how do I avoid clicking on my MA? I am so used to the click and sweep, I need to discipline myself quickly on leaving the MA alone.
Yep, that's the big problem. One of my players was saving CCs for a month and just before the tourney, he accidentally clicked on the MA ... I think he said it was over 100 collected. I know I've done it with 20 or 30 saved. So frustrating. Best of luck to you!

ajqtrz

Now what I need to know is how do I avoid clicking on my MA? I am so used to the click and sweep, I need to discipline myself quickly on leaving the MA alone.

Here's how I do it. First, I try to keep my MA away from any large group of collection, especially those areas where I'll sweep quickly. Second, When I arrive in the morning I disconnect the MA which makes it impossible to collect. But it also stops production...so I reconnect it when I leave. I can't say the method is perfect because it takes some conscious effort to turn it off and on, but it avoids the accidental collections that seem to occur just when I have 6,365,125 CC's to collect. (LOL. One of my accounts does have over 1600 CC's. How it got that high, I really don't know.)

AJ

Smooper

Here's how I do it. First, I try to keep my MA away from any large group of collection, especially those areas where I'll sweep quickly. Second, When I arrive in the morning I disconnect the MA which makes it impossible to collect. But it also stops production...so I reconnect it when I leave. I can't say the method is perfect because it takes some conscious effort to turn it off and on, but it avoids the accidental collections that seem to occur just when I have 6,365,125 CC's to collect. (LOL. One of my accounts does have over 1600 CC's. How it got that high, I really don't know.)

AJ
What do you plan on doing with 1600 cc's?

Killy-

You don't even need to open the production tab. While you are in the crafting tab, you can just press the right number a few time (5 for CCs). Good luck with the avoiding.

Elvenar357P

I wish there was a lock on the Magic Academy (MA) preventing apprentices with fat fingers from collecting up enchantments accidentally. No matter where I hide it in my city, my fat fingers eventually find a way to swipe across it before an FA.

ajqtrz

What do you plan on doing with 1600 cc's?
I craft like crazy so they are down from 1700+ ...after 6 months! I've now pulled 2 of my 8 moonstone library's too. So it will go down, eventually. What I really would like to see is a trading of spells. Wouldn't it be nice if we could?

AJ

Smooper

Fat fingered it today. 11 saved were collected. Time to start over. I wasn't even sweeping around. I was a bit tired and lingered my finger on the phone in the wrong spot. Phones are bad for avoiding the collection.