• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Crystal Lighthouse Disapointment

DeletedUser2870

I used to...until Inno pissed me off enough to pretty much quit the forums and the game.

Now....its only when looking for a specific answer to a problem. And when Inno seriously pisses me off enough to push me to the breaking point.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6459

Well a week or so in and what a change in the visits to my city, They weren't brilliant even before the change but are still down about 80%. As for the goods collected in my chests, I have received all Crystal since the change other than 2 Marble.

I stand by my previous comment about INNOVO, telling us that the change promotes the importance of visiting neighbors. This change has the completely opposite effect, the old way was a superb way of encouraging help. This really has been the worst change to the game I have ever seen.

DeletedUser6459

I must not have had many neighbors with the CL/BS, or it didn't effect their habits in my areas. No changes in the visits I'm getting.

Well you must be unique, every member in my fellowship has seen the difference and reading through the comments, many others have also.

DeletedUser2870

Fewer visits over here as well.
Of course, that's not really surprising, since I'm not doing them outside my FS anymore either. But then again, several FS members also noticed a significant drop in visits, so its not just me

DeletedUser12233

Barely anyone is visiting me after the change. I also am not visiting many people. Another change that will affect lower level players is that I am not trading with them as much. Before, my lower level neighbors could count on me to get all their trades. However, now since I am not accumulating as much goods, I only do trades for what I need.

Actually, if it was not for my fellowship, and my friendships with and obligations to my fellows, this change would have made me quit the game all together.

DeletedUser10717

Before, my lower level neighbors could count on me to get all their trades. However, now since I am not accumulating as much goods, I only do trades for what I need.
Since this change took effect, my trader has has been empty of trades( with the exception of my fellowship). Very few of my neighbors are placing or accepting trades now. I only see trades from the lower level neighbors (which I always help out). Its getting harder and harder to keep playing this game.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
None of our "how many visits I'm getting" stats mean anything unless we hear from people who are small and were getting regular visits from large neighbors with whom they could not reciprocate. Those are the only people who have real data about visit changes. Most people are going to want the reciprocal supplies, so are not going to change visit patterns for those people.

On a personal note, I had a number of new neighbors move into my area over the weekend, so last night for the first time since the change I decided to replenish coin by visiting all my neighbors. I got to about 130 of my 220 neighbors, and decided that bed was more valuable than visiting. In the past, (and by that I mean even when I was only getting six per neighbor last winter) I'd have visited the complete list at least twice a week. I think the concentration of goods into the first few helps has been far more damaging than the actual quantity of goods, as far as encouraging help.

Call it threats and whining if you will, but going to bed early officially beats out helping anyone who doesn't return help semi-regularly, no matter how small, or new, they are.

DeletedUser2870

@Kalomom
That's true. And so focused on the visits I forgot to mention that.
I know I used to pretty much automatically clear the tradingboard within my FS about every other day, which I now don't do anymore.
And I used to pick up all trades of smaller players and active neighbours most of the time, which I now don't do anymore either. Only trading for what I need/want, and helping out some of the smaller players by picking up their trades, but for the rest only on request now.

@Ashrem
Very true. The players who are hurt the most are the smaller, newer players who would benefit from being visited in return so they could get supplies. Or even if they couldn't return the visit at least would get some gold when I visited them.
All that has gone up in smoke now. But I doubt many of those players are active on the forum

qaccy

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it would appear that according to that recent Q&A, the fact of the matter is indeed that most people benefit from the change to this AW. I mean, at this point the only thing anyone can claim is that the developers are lying about being able to look at game data to determine NH rates or how many people were regularly visiting more than 30 players a day. They even acknowledged the people who fall into this camp, at an astounding 'maybe 5% of players' which is honestly far higher than I would have suspected, but that still means 95% of players visit less than this.

All in all, as much as I'm talking to people who are essentially just sticking their fingers in their ears and shouting over me, it looks like I was among the people who were actually right about why this change happened. It's certainly immature to be pointing this out, but on these forums behavior like that seems to be par for the course and I'm just vindictive enough to love being able to say that I'm right.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it would appear that according to that recent Q&A, the fact of the matter is indeed that most people benefit from the change to this AW. I mean, at this point the only thing anyone can claim is that the developers are lying about being able to look at game data to determine NH rates or how many people were regularly visiting more than 30 players a day. They even acknowledged the people who fall into this camp, at an astounding 'maybe 5% of players' which is honestly far higher than I would have suspected, but that still means 95% of players visit less than this.

All in all, as much as I'm talking to people who are essentially just sticking their fingers in their ears and shouting over me, it looks like I was among the people who were actually right about why this change happened. It's certainly immature to be pointing this out, but on these forums behavior like that seems to be par for the course and I'm just vindictive enough to love being able to say that I'm right.
That's quite the extrapolation you've got there. Assuming that 95% of players don't visit 30 neighbors, because they said it doesn't affect 95% of players completely ignores the fact that (relatively speaking) almost nobody actually has a Lighthouse/Bellspire so it can't affect them, but, we've already acknowledged that the majority ignore any facts that don't support their argument. Why should you, or Inno, be any different.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One

So what you are saying is, the giggling devs confirmed what you expected so they must be correct.
And the 95% of people here who had the AW and say it hurt them, are just wrong.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
So what you are saying is, the giggling devs confirmed what you expected so they must be correct.
And the 95% of people here who had the AW and say it hurt them, are just wrong.
Or that virtually no one who gained from the change would bother coming on the forums to say
"I never visit on the world map, just in my FS-- Thanks for the 25% increase in goods innno!"
So I'm not surprised at all that 95% of posters say they are hurt by changes. Have you ever read the contents of a comment box in a store/restaurant? If you went off that information you'd think the place was about to go under and is the worst possible business in the world.

If for a moment we assume Timon isn't lying. 5% of players being hurt = 95% of forum posters being hurt makes perfect sense to me.

DeletedUser7370

If for a moment we assume Timon isn't lying. 5% of players being hurt =
Approximately all the active players that had built a CL/BS.

At another point in the Q&A he said that it is about 2-3% of players that have finished halflings. Those numbers pretty closely match what I see on Elcy when considering the total of 30,000 cities. I find it logical to infer that when he said it was only 5% of top players that would see a reduction he calculated based on every city on every server. Which would mean he included cities that have 0 for score, cities that have not finished chapter 4, cities that don't have a CL/BS, and cities that are not actively played.

In other words, he didn't lie there; he told the truth and thought it was very funny that he could pass off such a negative change as a positive by saying it will only hurt 5% of players.

SoggyShorts

@TedGrau
Out of 2 almost full FS we have 13 CL/BS, and 3 players that said they visit the world map other than for events/emergencies.
These are top ~50 fellowships where the weekly minimum visits is 6, so very active players.
Small anecdotal evidence, I know, but no more so than the forum posters.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
@TedGrau
Out of 2 almost full FS we have 13 CL/BS, and 3 players that said they visit the world map other than for events/emergencies.
These are top ~50 fellowships where the weekly minimum visits is 6, so very active players.
This neglects the effects of the fact that with a minimum weekly visits of 6, you are already the sort of outlying data that a statistician eliminates as a matter of course. With 20+ players that probably have scores over 100k, and perforce little chance of a goods imbalance, your experience is of reduced value to any statistical average.

SoggyShorts

This neglects the effects of the fact that with a minimum weekly visits of 6, you are already the sort of outlying data that a statistician eliminates as a matter of course. With 20+ players that probably have scores over 100k, and perforce little chance of a goods imbalance, your experience is of reduced value to any statistical average.
I don't see how having active players (which is what everyone else is talking about with the "5%") would make us outliers whose data should not be counted. Going off of that, many if not most players that have complained about the changes have bigger and higher ranked FS than ours and should also be removed from stats. I imagine the players that are saying they used to visit 200+ people every day were also visiting their FS, right? That makes them even greater outliers.

FS score/number of players = 70K and 80K in Khel/Winy.

Last edited:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
It's not active players, it's number of visits required per week. Requiring a minimum of approximately 23x5=148 visits per week is already a fair chunk of visit pressure on members that makes it abnormal.