• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Cultural Buildings - culture offered by chapter buildings too low

Sidera

I'm not sure this is the right topic 'area'... but I've found that the current cultural buildings offered - even some of the ones that cost diamonds - are obsolete compared to what we can craft in the magic academy and get from events/fellowship adventures. This limits their use to only non-fellowship users?

I would ask that their culture per square be updated to make them usable to all again.

My city has a lot of rainbow unicorns and rainbow cages and all other culture items are event items.

Crow Last Elf

I have been wondering myself how this developed. There is an advantage to some of the larger buildings; total culture from chapter buildings is often higher than event buildings, therefore when it is polished, you will receive a bigger bump in total culture.

Evening Star Selene

I am kinda thinking this is to encourage people to participate in events, fellowship adventures, and the spire (since most of your crafting supplies come from the spire). That is my best guess anyways! My city is much the same, I almost never buy a culture building.

Sidera

along those lines. i'm not sure if there is a proper fix, but i feel it would be nice to make them comparable - as i LIKE having variety in my city, and when i have rows of the same crafted unicorn, it really gets kinda stripey. i would enjoy being able to functionally use the crafted culture buildings - even in an up and coming fellowship.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I think you're right that the constructable culture is pretty feeble, and not particularly useful to anyone after the first few chapters, and I don't think they ever old a well as the devs hoped. It's hard to compare them to events, though. Events are designed to get people to spend money, and need to be very enticing. I think the diamond-constructable culture is for people to be able to add some special decoration to their city, while being better than the free-constructables. I'm on the supporting side of this idea, but it will need to be fleshed out with some more specific ideas, and might prove a hard sell to the developers, so don't be too sad if it never happens.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Just a holdover from the early days of the game. Plus the buildings in a specific chapter were really only good for that chapter and maybe the next. You are supposed to want to get rid of the old buildings and decorate with the ones from your current chapter, not keep that chapter 1 culture building when you are in chapter 5. And the premium culture buildings was the way Inno made money in the early days of the game, when there was a lot less to spend diamonds on. I started playing almost four years ago and I remember having quite a bit of the normal culture buildings in my city because I needed the culture and there was almost nothing else available. I did not earn a single event building in that city til I was somewhere in chapter 3.

On the premium buildings specifically, I think they should be eligible for royal restoration upgrades. We spent money on them, so we should be able to keep them relevant. But not the normal buildings. They are not worth upgrading.

And yeah, all the events, and the buildings from them, have really killed any need to buy any of the normal buildings, unless you really like the look of something and don't care that it is inferior in stats. For example, in my new Beta city, I am midway through chapter 3 and the only normal culture buildings I bought were ones required by quests, and once the quest was complete, I sold it off again because that space was more valuable for placing the much better event buildings I had already won in the Air Traders event there while my city was still in chapters 1 and 2.

TLDR all the culture buildings you can buy are really good for nothing more than looks now. If people want to give their city some variety and make it look interesting, they will buy those buildings. If not, they will ignore them, like I do in my Beta city.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
On the premium buildings specifically, I think they should be eligible for royal restoration upgrades.
I disagree about using RR on them as they are, but I do think they should have a diamond upgrade path to keep them relevant. Unfortunately it would be a lot of work to make them chapter independent instead of fixed. At least the event buildings were always chapter linked, even if they weren't always up-gradable. this would take serious code re-design.

Unless they simply turned all Diamond-culture constructs into event buildings and stopped differentiating between them. Then RR upgrades would be applicable, and I think all it requires is moving them from one database to another and expanding their data-footprint for the other chapters/features. I would get behind that idea. It also immediately makes all premium buildings available to all chapters, increasing the potential market for them.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
You would still have to do the research to unlock building them, so not just anyone in any chapter could buy a chapter 16 premium building, if that is what you mean.
If premium culture is going to be up-gradable, then there's no value to having different researches for different buildings. Either upgrading is worth it, because they are as good as the new buildings, or there's no point, because the new buildings are still better. They might have to replace individual building researches with upgrades: Upgrade buildings with up to four squares to Chapter 6, upgrade buildings with up to nine squares to chapter 6...12 squares...16 squares...20 squares.....

Maybe a hybrid of the event buildings and the Magic residences/Workshops.

TLDR: A chapter one city could buy any culture building that a chapter 16 city could buy, but they would pay less and it would offer less, just like any event building.

Sidera

so... i'm in chapter 8... i definitely replace things. but as frequent as the events have been lately, there's really zero use for chapter cultural buildings - purchased with diamonds or otherwise - that i can find. i think the strength the event buildings have is that they often add other bonuses - population, goods, orcs, supplies, coins... and that makes them superior to almost all of the chapter cultural buildings.

suggestions to improve upon chapter buildings to make them more functionally useful?
- add more population
- add goods production
- add coins production
i would suggest they add a different split of culture/rewards than event buildings - maybe higher culture, but less of the rewards - so all buildings become viable - event/premium/chapter - some people would want the higher culture of a chapter building vs the higher population of an event building... and premium buildings should be just that - better than event buildings and chapter buildings

i don't feel like they need to be upgrade-able - except premium buildings, which would cost diamonds to upgrade

side add, which i think i need a new post for - how about adding premium culture buildings to the spire? they can show up about as often as houses/workshops do - if this is indeed viable, i can create a new post for this discussion.