• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Culture Bonus?

GlamDoll

Would anyone be so kind and explain to me why I still require more culture from help for the bonus? As you can see, my culture should not require any help, but here we are. @.@
Culture.jpg

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Actually, there is nothing there that says you need MORE culture. There is just the amount you need to have to maintain your current culture bonus, which you do, and the amount you are providing and the amount your helpers are providing.

GlamDoll

Actually, there is nothing there that says you need MORE culture
Agreed. I was never in any doubt about how much culture I have at my expenditure. (I have lived those days of not having the culture to even upgrade a single residence).

Technically you are right, but you & I both know I have been on this Forum long enough to know I am not about 'just' technicalities. (I am a bit more abstract).

As I said, It was the bonus & my confusion over it, that Soggy nailed to the wall.

TY.

:)

GlamDoll

I just remembered I made a culture calculator at some point (not that your city above needs it)
www.tinyurl.com/culturecalc

Oh, thank you so much. Actually, now that I am no longer a solo player (as of about 2 weeks or so), Along with my overkill on culture...I may just need it after all. It's too late for me to sponge this info now, but I am looking forward. I know I have to revamp a good section of my city in regards to culture & guest race settlements.

Thank you again.

KarlD

Wow!! That's quite a bit of culture you have there. You only need 64K to maintain that 170% level and you have 3 times that amount even before the bonus culture from neighbor help. I was so intrigued by how much culture you had that I took a look at your city and was shocked to see that you don't have a single house. I've never seen that before. I've thought about the benefits of replacing houses with event buildings because they frequently have more pop per square than houses, but never saw anyone who'd actually done that. Pretty cool really.

GlamDoll

Thank you! It has been so long that I had forgot about the 170% cap. (Feels awkward) Still glad I made the thread though. I got some very helpful information.Yeah, I decided long ago that I didn't want my city to be full of tall buildings, if I could help it. I don't mind having some that are, but it blocks too much of the animation & artwork.

I do love cities on the top ranking pages, but it's just not for me. I have been looking at the next few chapters & I know I will have to revamp my city to some degree. I don't know who runs Elvenar Architect, but it is extremely helpful! Thank you! I know how I want to layout my city.

TY again @KarlD I wanted it to be different & I was curious if it would even work. Once I started I realized I was hooked. If I ever win a MR from The Spire it will mess me up. The buildings are pretty, but they are too tall for my tastes. Others have mentioned skins & size reductions. I'd have to throw some money out, if we ever get those features.

:)

Edit: @KarlD LOL. Well, The Spire had other plans it seems...Got a Magic Residence from it. @.@ (I am sure it's because I want the Library & no residences). :) Not complaining though...back to Elven Architect I go.

Last edited: