• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Culture, Help!

• Thread starter Deleted User - 281932
  • Start date

Deleted User - 281932

I read the notice of the changes coming up back in 2023, but for the life in me I never thought Inno would be that sneaky and dirty handed as to...can't even call it "sugar coat" such a back handed slap to it's customers. But it did! It not only slapped us but left us hanging/stranded/deserted to fend for ourselves here on the Forum. So, I would like to try and help as many like us to not feel "Left Behind" in the world of Elvenar.
I don't know that much but willing to try with everyone's help. I think we can come up with ideals to help those that have lost culture to the negative.
I'll start with the best ideal I know. Please add more it you know of any.

!. Update roads. All of them!
2. Get rid of those culture buildings that give non-boosted goods and trade for those goods. That was one of the most thoughtless changes. Get real culture
and if you need Mana or Seeds then get culture that gives it, not goods that can be gotten another way. It's why we have the trader.

Lemon Wren

I haven't noticed a change in culture levels for me, particularly since I was rebuilding my cities the same day they did the update.

What nerf to culture happened exactly?

Mykan

Oh Wise One
A couple tips I shared with my fellowship about fixing culture post-aw update.

• MM/Sanc and WT are now based on SS - Look and see if you did all the optional techs, I think 10,700 is max. Start with last techs first (bigger benefit)
  • Look at a hybrid culture building and consider replacing with pure culture (more powerful per square). Wonders helping population, gold, goods, seeds, mana, unurium all got buffed. So you might find you need less alternate hybrid culture options.
  • GA and MH got buffed so maybe you have more houses now than you need now
  • Armouries - depending on your town, your training queue may have gone up or down. Just check your situation and see if dropping an armoury or 2 is an option, they are big culture hogs.
  • You can search inventory using building size, so 5x5 or 3x4, this can help find the right shape building to fill specific gaps. Pure culture buildings at or near current chapter will likely be best. You can also craft some 2x2 buildings in the MA which are very good culture per square. If using EE spells the smaller buildings will help buff your culture % more.