• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Culture question?

DeletedUser511

Lets say on the tier im on my homes hold 8000 gold and then it maxes out but then the 8 hour culture help runs out and it brings down the max number do I lose what I already had built up in it when it comes down?

DeletedUser

I think so. It's been suggested already to make neighborly help last longer, for this reason.

DeletedUser511

Well apparently not. I went to bed with my workshops boosted at like 1440 or so and the boost come down when I went to bed and woke up to it being like 1200 something. I set that before the boost ran out it should have stayed that amount that was RAW!

DeletedUser61

The culture bonus is applied at the time of collection. Consequently, if you only check every 9+ hours you're likely to miss a few of the bonus points.

As a substantial number of folks use the notifications to ensure that they're responding in kind, one effective strategy is to do your visits at the START of your window, when you expect to still be on-line for an hour or so, rather than as the last thing that you do.

In other words, you CAN wait until somebody visits, before you collect from a finished building, to ensure that everything will be boosted, but the optimum strategy is to time things such that your buildings mature toward the end of your session, with the benefit of recent boosts.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser61

Sleep is for the weak :p

We have not gotten there yet in Elvenar, we're not even close, but in my other worlds I have far more visitors than things to polish. So, looking ahead, an 8 hour cycle allows me to benefit from 50% more visits than would a 12 hour cycle, so I'd be reluctant to fiddle with the timing.