• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Deleting individual messages

Rocce Sqirl

Each message has an X-box in the upper-right corner to delete that one message thread, in addition to the X-box in the upper-ight corner of the entire Messages box. And every now and then I click the X on the message I just read when I meant to click off the whole section. And then the thread is just gone. And I never even see additions to it. Even if it is a thread I started (it's now gone from my outbox too). The action is instant. No chance to change your mind. And it cannot be retrieved.
My suggestion: When you click the X in the message thread it should generate a window asking "Are you sure?" with a yes/no option. So an unintentional or inadvertent mistake is not irreversable.
IMHO, most people have no need to delete individual threads so the occasion one truly does want to delete one the extra step is no big deal. But the occasion when it's a mistake, however common or rare it may be, is so utterly final it could be an important, even upsetting, loss.

OIM20

I am confused. My "x" on the message just closes the window?
close window.jpg

The "x" to delete is smaller, and in a different location, only accessible through the main message window:
delete messages.jpg

Are you on mobile? I'm on browser.

Iyapo1

I am on mobile the "x" on the message just closes the message and our delete screen has little trashcans instead of an "x".
20220228_122002.jpg

@helya, Can support restore a players ability to recieve updates to an accidentally deleted thread or do Fellowships just have to restart the thread?

Rocce Sqirl

I am on mobile the "x" on the message just closes the message and our delete screen has little trashcans instead of an "x".View attachment 12167 @helya, Can support restore a players ability to recieve updates to an accidentally deleted thread or do Fellowships just have to restart the thread?
I am on a desktop PC, using a browser. My messages look like the bottom picture on OIM20's reply. If I had trashcans it might not be a problem. Trouble is, I'm done with the messges and go for an X, and click the first one I see -- the wrong one. Most other deletions in the game have an "Are you sure?" warning, this doesn't. (The big X doesn't delete, it merely closes the window.)
It'd be a needless PITA for both player and support to have to go to them to restore a message thread, if they even can. A FS cannot "retstart" it. Once I click the X it's gone on my messages, while for all I know it may still exist on everyone else's. If they continue to reply, I never see it. And THAT is the problem.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I am on a desktop PC, using a browser. My messages look like the bottom picture on OIM20's reply. If I had trashcans it might not be a problem. Trouble is, I'm done with the messges and go for an X, and click the first one I see -- the wrong one. Most other deletions in the game have an "Are you sure?" warning, this doesn't. (The big X doesn't delete, it merely closes the window.)
It'd be a needless PITA for both player and support to have to go to them to restore a message thread, if they even can. A FS cannot "retstart" it. Once I click the X it's gone on my messages, while for all I know it may still exist on everyone else's. If they continue to reply, I never see it. And THAT is the problem.
I've done that too. It's a pain when you accidentally delete a kp thread and then the mage in charge of the AW threads has to start a new one for you. :(