• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Delightful In-game Correspondence

DeletedUser20951

Just opened up the inbox for my other and found a highly amusing message from out of the blue (I have no idea who this player is), which I wanted to share.
I'd love to hear any stories of similar random interactions, as I'm sure everybody's had a few.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser20951

I had someone message me that they don't like unfair trades and so wouldn't take mine.
Ouch! That's on the ruder side of unexpected and uninvited criticism. I did send a politely worded missive to one of my more active neighbors once, as they were blowing up the Trader with many smaller trades (not for a FA) and asked if they'd post bigger trades of the same that I could accept, which they did and continue to do (they're one of the few that have never posted cross-tier and I really tried not to offend 'em).
Ugh, why is finding a good fellowship so difficult?
I've been in very few fellowships overall, as I prefer to be somewhere permanently (I MUST HAVE HOME), which leads me to just creating my own and suffering the consequences (and benefits) of solitude, but the biggest problem I have seen is leaders not actually upholding rules or not having much in the way of rules and many fellows being next to inactive (if not completely inactive to fill space), resulting in lots of slackers and favoritism in most groups, two qualities that drive me absolutely batty after a while.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I once got an "apology" in game from someone for arguing with me, saying that after some internet research he realized I was a "broken person" and if he'd known that before, he would never have argued with me on the forums:

upload_2019-5-24_14-11-30.png

Coincidentally, it arrived shortly after an award from the National Multiple Sclerosis Society for my work advocating for the disabled.

DeletedUser20951

It's quite possible he was just reacting to your user name and embracing some casual contempt.
I've noticed that people think I was being sarcastic in my thread naming, but I actually wasn't (SHOCKING). Aye, this is how I saw the message, as an adorable play on my name. They replied and so did I, but I think I scared them off when I told them that I had posted about their PM here (I felt it ethical), since I never heard back after. XD
Coincidentally, it arrived shortly after an award from the National Multiple Sclerosis Society for my work advocating for the disabled.
Jesus... H... Christ. I hope you destroyed them. Disabilities do NOT make someone lesser than, and they would deserve whatever punishment you could mete out. Deserve it so much.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
They replied and so did I, but I think I scared them off when I told them that I had posted about their PM here (I felt it ethical), since I never heard back after. XD

Honestly, I really cringed when you posted using another player's name. I suspect and kind of hope @Fairy Dust will weigh in on whether that is a forum no no. I know this players. She is in my fellowship on Elcy and is a very nice and productive member. I don't think it is very fair to potentially embarrass a player who I don't even think is on the forum. I would totally agree if the email was malicious or spam but not in this case where it was just kidding around.

Adding: No I have not discussed this at all with her. Just my honest opinion.

DeletedUser20951

Thank you that is how the message was intended and thank you for the amusing response! by the way if you were next to me on the map I would of course be visiting you I just noticed the name on the board and was curious I of course meant no offense:)
So that's how you found me! No offense taken, at all. In fact, you brightened my night, and had me thinking, "Whoa, this player is awesome at riffing on the core definition of word combinations in a creative way!" :D

Thanks for not getting mad that I did post about the message, and for responding. I only realize well after that I probably should have edited out your name, which I do when my intentions are derogatory, but I genuinely didn't believe it would be seen in a negative light.

I suspect and kind of hope @Fairy Dust will weigh in on whether that is a forum no no.
I scoured the Forum rules, and I'd like clarification on this, as well.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Thank you that is how the message was intended and thank you for the amusing response! by the way if you were next to me on the map I would of course be visiting you I just noticed the name on the board and was curious I of course meant no offense:)

I don't think it is very fair to potentially embarrass a player who I don't even think is on the forum.

This is starting to get confusing. Is the mahrgo posting here the same mahrgo playing? Given the joining date of the forum mahrgo, it does not look likely to be an alter-alias of @Nonchalant Antipathy, given his/her own forum joining date is a good year thereafter. Still, it seems very odd to go for so long without posting until this discussion.

Also why are Nonchalant Antipathy and Casual Contempt in the same fellowship on Ceravyn?

Just opened up the inbox for my other...

This point is definitely at a rule violation. Regardless of who it is, this opens the door for managing multiple accounts in a fellowship.

Last edited:

mahrgo

So that's how you found me! No offense taken, at all. In fact, you brightened my night, and had me thinking, "Whoa, this player is awesome at riffing on the core definition of word combinations in a creative way!" :D

Thanks for not getting mad that I did post about the message, and for responding. I only realize well after that I probably should have edited out your name, which I do when my intentions are derogatory, but I genuinely didn't believe it would be seen in a negative light.

I scoured the Forum rules, and I'd like clarification on this, as well.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
OK Big Oops! I didn't read all of the comments. I saw it when it was first posted and thought about it before I voiced my opinion. I really did not see that @mahrgo had replied. Directly above what I said, of course :rolleyes: I really do remember someone getting slapped on the wrist for using another player's name and that is why I questioned it. I also wasn't sure if it was meant to make fun so I wanted to point out that mahrgo is a good player who I know.

Sorry @Nonchalant Antipathy