• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Diamond Bonus Offer(s)

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
If, as a spender, I never got 100% deals, then I would agree. What does it matter if they throw in a jillion other lower deals, as long as they also give 100%? If I spend only when I get a 100% deal, I'm in effect only ever getting the maximum value for my money aka "the best deal"
Sorry, I was unclear.
Let's say on the 15th of every month we both get deals, and sometimes yours are worse than mine.
This would support my theory that the devs try harder to convert non-spenders than they do to maintain spenders.

The gamble they are taking is that they might get you with a 40% sale because you just need a few diamonds to buy a _____ and don't want to wait.
It's a win-win for them because even If you ignore any offer that is under 100%, it doesn't really matter to them, because they are still getting their money--just later.

The end result to you doesn't matter as long as you budget your diamonds and never run out between 100% sales, but the devs intention is still there.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I guess they don't like me at Inno. I get a deal that says, "-20% offer. Get 800 diamonds for the price of 1000!" Sigh.

On the other hand maybe I get these sort of deals because I purchased a "1/2 off" sale. They took 1/2 of the diamonds and I paid the total! So I agree that they track your purchases and send you offers they think appropriate for your intelligence level. LOL!

Just a humorous (and untrue) account of how bad it could be.

AJ

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
that doesn't disprove my theory at all
No, but mine does. I never get anything but 100% offers now*, and I might have bought them every 5th or 6th offer in the past.

* I got smaller offers during the first few months, but never bit.

I postulate that if you ever buy at a lesser offer, they will keep scattering random offers, but if you only ever buy at 100%, or never buy, they eventually don't bother offering any less.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
But that doesn't disprove my theory at all.o_O

You buy diamonds sometimes, I buy diamonds never.
You get offers from 20-100%, I only get 100% offers.

if you purchase a 100% deal it resets and cycles back through the offers 10-100 %, if you purchase any offer 10-100% it resets and cycles through the offers 10-100%, but if you wait 4-6weeks till it shows it will offer 100% deal, seems if you wait for the 100% and don't purchase it keeps offering the 100% that's the same offer over and over, not better more often deals :cool:

My experience defies both of these hypothesis. No clue how it works but there has to be method to the madness somewhere.

I occasionally spend diamonds and I had to wait almost 2 years for a 100% diamond offer. I can't recall 100% if my main US account got 1 or 2 or no offers prior to the 100%, I only get 100% offers now. Even got the same offer for about 5 days in a row :eek:, I think they were trying to tempt me, I didn't succumb:p

My EN account however got lots of diamond offers thrown at it all the time, there was no obvious pattern and no cycle of offers..

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I wonder if the diamond balance is figured into the calculation. Since buying my first batch, I've never spent below a balance of a thousands or so, and usually have a balance of about 2000+ diamonds. Perhaps the math works out that someone who has lots of diamonds isn't desperate, so they know they have to be more enticing.

In fact, I not only got a 100% offer I refused recently, but a coupleof days ago when I logged in they threw 1500 at me for free. Maybe that was just a christmas present that everyone got?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Nah, it seems it was one of those things like the 700 free diamonds emails players get after quitting for xxx time.
Except there was no warning or enticement email. I played one day, and when I logged in the next day there was a splash page and 1500 diamonds were added. It's what decided me to finish the event, because 1500 got me over several humps in the last few days.