• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

DIAMOND Purchase- Different amount on website than Mobile.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
That is not cool. I am asking for a refund.
That is not something they make people aware of before they purchase. Its unethical, and shady.
Unbelievable.
Just so you know, Inno Games has no control over these charges nor does any company who provides access to their apps on mobile platforms. Any disclosure regarding this is the responsibility of the company operating the App Store, either Google or Apple.

DeletedUser5323

Why do we pay same exact amount for a pack of diamonds, but get 6500 on website, and only 6000 when pay on Mobile???

Has anyone been charged tax on diamond purchases? My last purchase they charged me 8.25% tax. which they have never done before.I am under the impression that my state only charges tax on tangible goods.

DeletedUser5323

Mine does not. My state only charges sales tax on tangible goods. Diamonds on this game are not tangible goods LOL
Please respond if anyone else has had this issue.

DeletedUser2959

That is not cool. I am asking for a refund.
That is not something they make people aware of before they purchase. Its unethical, and shady.
Unbelievable.
How is this unethical and shady? They tell you how many diamonds you get and how much they cost. How the hell is that unethical? They already lose 5-6% from the credit card processor and then the stores take another chunk. I'm just not getting the outrage here.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
How is this unethical and shady? They tell you how many diamonds you get and how much they cost. How the hell is that unethical? They already lose 5-6% from the credit card processor and then the stores take another chunk. I'm just not getting the outrage here.

I do not remember the exact date, but sometime in the past year or so I had looked at the diamond deals while on mobile because I had some Google Play Cash to use and saw this difference, where before that, I had always made my purchases when in the browser. I was surprised by this difference too, but not upset. But I can understand someone being upset if they had previously done their spending through the app and then looked at the deals in the browser and saw all the diamonds they had missed out on by buying from the wrong place. Also, I think Inno eats whatever is lost to the credit card costs, bu they cannot also eat the cost that is lost to the app platforms, or the diamond amounts would be the same on all platforms.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
They already lose 5-6% from the credit card processor
two problems with that:
  1. If a company that brings in a quarter of a million dollars a year is paying 5%+ to their credit card processor, they are idiots. My last employer brought in less than 50 million a year and was paying less than that. The worst fees (for manually entered online transactions without secure verification) are currently about 3.5% for small and high-risk businesses.
  2. When sales are processed though a mobile store, it is the store owner that is paying the fee, so regardless of how high the credit card processing fee is, it's embedded in the 30% the store takes.
That said, the point is valid without that. The app store transaction fees are ludicrously high, typically 30%, so Inno is only getting about 70¢ for every dollar spent in mobile, vs more than 95¢/dollar when bought through their own store.

The other 25% is us paying Apple and Google for the privilege of letting them lock us into a closed app store that is theoretically safer, and the developer paying for the app stores to make their product easy to find.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
two problems with that:
  1. If a company that brings in a quarter of a million dollars a year is paying 5%+ to their credit card processor, they are idiots. My last employer brought in less than 50 million a year and was paying less than that. The worst fees (for manually entered online transactions without secure verification) are currently about 3.5% for small and high-risk businesses.
  2. When sales are processed though a mobile store, it is the store owner that is paying the fee, so regardless of how high the credit card processing fee is, it's embedded in the 30% the store takes.
That said, the point is valid without that. The app store transaction fees are ludicrously high, typically 30%, so Inno is only getting about 70¢ for every dollar spent in mobile, vs more than 95¢/dollar when bought through their own store.

The other 25% is us paying Apple and Google for the privilege of letting them lock us into a closed app store that is theoretically safer, and the developer paying for the app stores to make their product easy to find.

Is it really that high of a fee, though? Going by the cheapest deal for diamonds, it is US $5 for 500 diamonds through the browser and US $5 for 440 diamonds through the Google Play Store. (Side note, no clue if it is the same amount from the Apple Store.) That is only a 12% difference in product for the same price. So either the percent you are saying is off or Inno is actually eating some of the app store fees.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Is it really that high of a fee, though? Going by the cheapest deal for diamonds, it is US $5 for 500 diamonds through the browser and US $5 for 440 diamonds through the Google Play Store. (Side note, no clue if it is the same amount from the Apple Store.) That is only a 12% difference in product for the same price. So either the percent you are saying is off or Inno is actually eating some of the app store fees.
They're clearly eating some of it. Considering the app stores have added several hundred thousand clients, that's a not-unreasonable price of doing business. If they tried to make them generate the same profit, no-one would buy them,

Deleted User - 3932582

@Ashrem is correct:

https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/112622?hl=en (Google, straight up and to a point)
https://www.apple.com/ios/app-store/principles-practices/ (I am surprised that I found fees at all on Apple's site, but you can find the info in the small box about "Paid" content).

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
as far as the tax charge goes
make sure what your state charges tax on
if an online retailer is charging you sales tax on something your state doesn't charge tax on, chances are that money is not being passed on to the state and should be refunded to you

i don't know about intangible goods
but i know PA doesn't charge tax on food

so if i go to Amazon and order a case of paper towels ans two pallets of slim jims
i will only be charged tax on the towels
although there would be the hidden cost of indigestion and possible cardiac arrest from the slim jims

( do they still make Slim Jims? )