• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Did something change province difficulties?

Risen Malchiah

Were there some changes to encounter difficulties that was not announced?

I had a whole bunch of "Very Easy" provinces yet to be scouted and today I just noticed they're all "Easy" instead. A small change, but it still caught my attention. I did the Adv Scouts in S&D over a week ago, but that obviously shouldn't make a province more difficult. I'm thinking the update may have something to do with this.

The scouted Marble province is rated blue (Very Easy) and the unscouted Planks province is rated Easy but they are in the same ring. And the Planks shares the same difficulty as the Scrolls and Silk which are a ring further away. (I know the rings aren't obvious in the picture, but this is like this all around my map.)

upload_2017-11-16_7-31-25.png

Risen Malchiah

Finishing a squad size tech should reduce the difficulty, not make it higher. Regardless, I haven't done a squad size tech recently. The last thing I completed was the Campus for S&D chapter.

DeletedUser12423

Same ring doesn't matter. The number of scouted/completed provinces matter. So the one you scouted bumped your next scouts up, that's all ^ ^

Same thing happens to all of us, hehe

DeletedUser12423

I've had the same thing happen in the same ring, though? I'm sure the number of scouted provinces matter xD

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Unless something has changed
The enemy size/cater costs are supposed to be directly linked to scouting price.
There is a huge jump from ring to ring, and a slight increase each time you scout.

The difficulty rating is based on your SS vs the enemy SS.
The enemy's SS can only change in unscouted provinces, and only by researching a new Advanced scouts tech.

The only explanation I can think of for what @Risen Malchiah is seeing is that he scouted a province and that slight increase in costs for the next scout pushed the plank from very easy to easy, but wasn't a big enough increase to push the next ring from easy to medium.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Finishing a squad size tech should reduce the difficulty, not make it higher. Regardless, I haven't done a squad size tech recently. The last thing I completed was the Campus for S&D chapter.

Sometimes I think my reading skills go right out the window! I could have sworn this morning it said they got more difficult...:oops:

And, yes, squad size upgrades make them easier...

DeletedUser12423

The enemy size/cater costs are supposed to be directly linked to scouting price.
There is a huge jump from ring to ring, and a slight increase each time you scout.

Ah, ok. That's what I was thinking. Because I noticed each scout raises the cost of the next. Yep yep ^ ^

Risen Malchiah

Thank you all for giving this some thought. I thought that the existing difficulties would not change (ie, get harder) by merely completing some of them, but I guess not.

This city has 232 provinces complete, well within the GZ for my chapter. My other city has 225 complete and sure enough, all the unscouted provinces are still listed as Very Easy. For the city with Very Easy provinces perhaps I'll scout ALL of them, but not complete them til all the Very Easy ones have been scouted and see if that makes a difference.

EDIT:
I just re-read this and it makes sense now. So what I said above won't actually matter if it's based on scout cost rather than number completed.

Last edited:

Mykan

Oh Wise One
My thought was exactly what @SoggyShorts said. The difficulty of those rings is roughly equal to the first round or 2 of a tournament. Blue = first round and green = second round.

Due to your progression of techs and map scouting the number of provinces you can complete at a very easy difficulty keeps increasing.

While the colours are different one would think the difficulty isn't much harder depending on whether you tripped over a line in a table for more enemies or simply a line in the table on which colour to display. Have a look at the cater costs, are they dramatically different

DeletedUser6892

Same ring doesn't matter. The number of scouted/completed provinces matter. So the one you scouted bumped your next scouts up, that's all ^ ^

Same thing happens to all of us, hehe

DeletedUser6892

I had that question a while back until realized difficulty & costs can go up with each scouted province regardless of the ring it is in! TY, this just reinforces what I thought! It is catching up to me too! :)

DeletedUser11524

I noticed each time one of my fighting units upgraded, the province rankings jumped to the next level of difficulty.

DeletedUser4192

I would like to know why all of mine say very hard? What can I do to change it and make them easier?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
There's nothing you can do until you learn more squad size techs. Until then, you probably have to negotiate, or be patient and not scout much any more.

This happens quite commonly around chapter 3, so don't imagine you did something wrong.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I would like to know why all of mine say very hard? What can I do to change it and make them easier?

This depends on where you are. If you are in Chapter 1-3 there is nothing you can do except negotiate and have patience. They start going yellow on occasion in chapter 4.

If you are in chapters 5+ then stop scouting and be patient. Your technology needs to catch up to where you are. Advanced scout techs also make provinces easier for those you have not yet scouted.