• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Discussion - Fix the disparity between human and elven troops

When the game began, humans had cereberus in their barracks and elves did not. Thus the training camp was created.

Since then, there has been no effort to equalize the barracks troops of the two races.

I understand the 'theme' of elves being peaceful and all that, but it simply is wrong for it to be multitudes of difficulty higher to get the same result from the same number of priests as sorceresses. Ditto the troops in all positions, especially the rad mortar.

I love the FS I am an elf in, but it is unplayable compared to my lower-level human land in terms of fighting.

Let us discuss requesting elvenar even up the score here. What do we think?

Last edited:

StarLoad

I have both Elf and Human and the only real difference I see is the Mortar vrs the Golem and once you get the Merc camp fully open even the mage issue is not a problem. Personally, I have never had an issue using the Elf barracks Mage, but that is just me.

Yes, the Mortar is very weak compared to the Golem and that could be fixed.

Ed

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Human with an Elf city that's best friends with a sorceress here. I don't have a problem fighting (avg 8k-9k in tourney), nor do I think them elves are all that peaceful. Some of them are definitely up to no good and disturbers of the peace. Elfin Archers and Golems are definitely superior to their lazy mechanical human Crossbowmen and Mortar counterparts, but Paladins are prob better than Treants for heavy melee too, so there's some give and take. Some of them are very niche and situational troops, like Drone Riders, which are like the Winter Lampions of troop types (well, I figured in between all the defending of Bud Sorceress, I should bash some other troop type to even the playing field).

Personally, I have never had an issue using the Elf barracks Mage, but that is just me.
As the Self-Appointed President of the Bud Sorceress Fan Club, I hereby dub thee a Friend! Yay, we have 2 friends now, Ed and @Dreamyn2!

Gkyr

Chef
I had just the opposite experience. After paying a while as an Elf I started a Human city in Beta and, chapter for chapter, did not enjoy battling as a human at all.
Oh, and I play Elvenar for the battles.

Moho

Chef
So, it's a controversial issue. I enjoy the battles too, and I run three lean and mean human cities. I couldn't be happier with my troops.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I thought that was why they created the extra camps, to fill in some of the gaps and provide more options. In general elves are defensive in style and humans are ofensive. It is possible a person whose natural playstyle is not compatible with their troops style may find it more difficult than someone who aligns with that style, more obvious in manual.

Considering I watch an elve town get 20K pts in tourny I don't think its that big an issue.