• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Discussion for future idea(s): Improving Broken Rune Shard Value

Gkyr

Chef
Only if you have a rune-wheel in progress which has an empty space in it. If all you AWs have full rune wheels (which is common for later-stage players), you can't forge a shard. anything over 10 is simply lost without the option to do anything.
I know that you know the solution to that situation but for newbies reading this who don't, one just builds the 'proxy AWs' that are providing the extra rune shards and then sells them in order to empty out and reuse the rune wheel. I don't know a single player that has not passed on enough AWs to have a stable of proxies.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I know that you know the solution to that situation but for newbies reading this who don't, one just builds the 'proxy AWs' that are providing the extra rune shards and then sells them in order to empty out and reuse the rune wheel. I don't know a single player that has not passed on enough AWs to have a stable of proxies.

That is now a huge waste of KP, since the change was made to let us use rune shards on other player's wonders. I will never use that method again.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
That's barely a work-around. Certianly not rising to the level of a "solution."

Gkyr

Chef
If all you AWs have full rune wheels (which is common for later-stage players), you can't forge a shard.
We have that choice now. If one elects not to empty out and renew an empty rune ring, then that is a choice. Nine out of the top 12 players in our server are my teammates and they do not have the problem you are raising as a reason why paragraph #2 is not redundant.
That is now a huge waste of KP, since the change was made to let us use rune shards on other player's wonders. I will never use that method again.
That is a game style choice. By not enlisting the 'recycling' of unwanted runes in constructing a desired rune circle, the only alternative is to use the desired runes to fill the circle. I have found, on average, the RNG procedure to 'break' or accept a rune during the circle build results in the breaking (rejection) of about 30 runes before a circle is filled. This is the same whether the rune circles are being populated in desired or unwanted AWs. So if a gamer desires to break 30 runes belonging to the desired AW instead of 30 undesired runes, that is a choice. Add to that the fact that all runes are not equal. For those FS that KP swap there is little to no chance that you will ever have the chance to swap ToS, EE, Thrones, or Enar's Embassy runes among advanced players. I do not know about other cooperative AW KP programs. At least we are given alternatives. It is our choice to make use of them or not.

I agree that the most useful change is to allow broken shards to accumulate without limit or with a significantly higher limit, but with the proviso that the rune forger remain at 10 runes. Inno has a history of giving with one hand and nerfing with the other.

bkbajb

I think the first part is to increase the storage capacity from 10 to X, otherwise, the shards being gained in the tourney are still subject to waste.

Ed

I agree. The only idea that makes sense to to allow us an unlimited amount since we get so many each week from the tournaments

Zoof

I agree. The only idea that makes sense to to allow us an unlimited amount since we get so many each week from the tournaments
That idea was rejected by the developers. I forget exactly where, but I remember that it was a recap from a livestream posted here sometime earlier this year. I recall a brief argument being that allowing unlimited storage would be abusable, but not specified what the abuse could be. Speculation says the "abuse" would be the ability to completely bypass the rune phase of an AW nearly immediately via mass dumping of broken shards, rather than the "intended" method of stacking a large amount of unspent rune shards.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
There are enough recipes in the crafting rotation that use them, that if those recipes came up more often, I would never hit 10 broken shards, except for those time I am leveling a Wonder on a rune shard level. The recipes that use broken shards and spell fragments to make AW KP instants are nice. Those are already almost what some of us want, but if we only seem one or two of them a week, then broken shards are still wasted.

StarLoad

no we dont need unlimited but we do need that ability to store more and that is and should be the first step.

Ed