• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Discussion for future idea(s): Improving Broken Rune Shard Value

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Let's collaborate on a list of ways that we could reduce he feeling of wasting Rune Shard Fragments. I will update this post as we go and at some point we can convert this into a suggestion post in the other channel.

1. Additional recipes?
    • Create vitally surge from Broken shards
    • Create Goods Boost instant or building from Broken Shards
    • During events only, convert Broken Rune Shards to Event Currency
    • Create Spectral Stones for Spire negotiating

2. Direct conversion in the Ancient Wonder management screen to something useful
    • - Rune Shard of choice
    • - Random Rune Shard
    • - Slivers (partial Rune Shard of choice (as in a larger fragment. I.e. we use 10 fragments to create a Sliver and two or three slivers to create a Shard)
    • 3KP

3. Mini Games

Other suggestions?

Last edited:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I think the first part is to increase the storage capacity from 10 to X, otherwise, the shards being gained in the tourney are still subject to waste.

Ed
That's a different sort of suggestion/concern, which exists in a few places, so I won't add it here.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
royal restorations
I feel like they might value those too high, but have incorporated.
could be something as simple as moving the randomly appearing recipe for AKP from runeshards to the Production area. So rather than wait to make it when it happens to show, we always have access to it.
Incorporated
These are called Spectral Stones (just in case you wanted to know). :)
Thanks. Adjusted.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
To remind people how little Inno even thinks about broken shards, you all know how event prizes can be one thing for late-chapter cities and something different for early-chapter cities? Well, a few events ago, while my 2nd Beta city was still in chapter 3 or 4, one of those different rewards for small cities was 11 broken shards. 11, when we have a max capacity of 10. This made it to the Live version of the event also, so they did not care enough to adjust it before it went Live.

Add to this that Inno devs claim to have been "thinking about" increasing the amount stored for 5+ years now, I think we have a better chance of being given more uses for them than getting a storage increase.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Yeah. I'm not willing to wrap increased rune storage up with anything else since the Devs already know we want it. At this point, it will just be dead weight dragging down any suggestion it gets attached to.

StarLoad

Ashrem I agree, and since the ideas are to be best placed as a single item, it should be sent up as a request to increase the storage capacity. I have suggested this many times there. If the OP wants to change the Idea and ask for a vote, then fine. But, without more capacity, the tourney shards will always be wasted.

Ed

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
But, without more capacity, the tourney shards will always be wasted.
That's not strictly true.
Unless I'm mistaken the tournament only gives us broken shards one at a time, so there are many ways that they could provide us with another use for them which would mean we could "spend" them without hitting the cap.

StarLoad

That's not strictly true.
Unless I'm mistaken the tournament only gives us broken shards one at a time, so there are many ways that they could provide us with another use for them which would mean we could "spend" them without hitting the cap.
While that is correct for the individual tourney battles, that would mean stopping doing something else and then going back making your time spent doing the tourney much longer.

Ed

Lady Dastardly

I almost hate to suggest this because I think there has to be a better solution, but what about adding the ability to disenchant them? At least that could be done fairly quickly mid-tourney round and on an on-demand basis, as opposed to relying on the MA's RNG for recipes. As a player who is limited to only 1 Moonstone Library set, I can always use more spell fragments. I know this idea would not be appealing to those who are rolling in frags though.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
that would mean stopping doing something else and then going back making your time spent doing the tourney much longer.
True, but if we assume that whatever is implemented can use all of your BRS then realistically you'd only have to go spend them after completing province #20,30,40 etc.
Not ideal, but certainly not a reason to protest the implementation of something to improve the current situation or at least the brainstorming of that something.

StarLoad

Not ideal, but certainly not a reason to protest the implementation of something to improve the current situation or at least the brainstorming of that something.
I am not protesting, I am merely stating that increasing the capacity is a good enhancement.

Gkyr

Chef
Paragraph 2 might be considered by some as redundant since we are already given the opportunity to forge Rune Shards from Broken Shards.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Paragraph 2 might be considered by some as redundant since we are already given the opportunity to forge Rune Shards from Broken Shards.
Only if you have a rune-wheel in progress which has an empty space in it. If all you AWs have full rune wheels (which is common for later-stage players), you can't forge a shard. anything over 10 is simply lost without the option to do anything.

Zoof

Convert 10 rune shards directly into AWKP for your choice of AW via its management screen. A suggestion that was already covered, but I couldn't help but put a picture to it.

1668630815249.png

I think it almost looks like it belongs there