• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Disenchanted Artifacts for Magic Academy Use

Pheryll

Set Designer
Details: Allow the disenchanting of artifacts to produce a disenchanted artifact (instead of or in additional to the spell fragments) which will be listed as a crafting resource no longer in the spell inventory. These disenchanted artifacts can be used in various magic academy crafting recipes.

As of version 1.181, artifacts of a specific nature are being given a crafting purpose. The recipes that use such artifacts will have a narrow use as the quantity of any one type of artifact in a player's spell inventory is limited and does not increase quickly. This proposal would allow for any artifact (including unwanted ones) to be used for crafting recipes without requiring separate recipes for each artifact type. Disenchanted artifacts will not be used to upgrade evolving buildings.
index.php

Benefits: Allows for Elvenar's new idea of implementing artifacts into crafting to be implemented in a less cumbersome way. Gives the players the ability to use unwanted artifacts from events.

Downsides: If too many recipes are made that require artifacts, that may cause several recipes to be avoided.

Last edited:

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
Moving to General discussions as this is not active in-game at the moment on the US servers.

defiantoneks

since they are apparently working on the idea already, i do agree that it would be better for players and more efficient for recipe listings.

But my small change would be, dont call them disenchanted. Maybe "converted". The gist is that we would want an artifact of "x" be converted to a generic one, so that any MA recipes simply ask for a generic "dud" to craft with instead of requiring a specific one.

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
I think the overall dilution on the ability just to get a "PetFood" would be the main area of concern. Simply adding 20+ (or more) Items to fill that same fifth slot would diminish the chances to even get a "PetFood" by something like 50%, my guess

Added there are 4 or 5 artifacts in the rotation, 9 Relics, and 1 petfood so 14 or 15, and adding 20 to 30 Artifact based items would seriously make a difference in the negative, especially for newer players

Last edited:

Silly Bubbles

You cant pop them all
Yes, it will dilute the other recipes but it also offers three pet food per recipe. So in theory as long as it doesn't dilute other recipe by more than a third it should be fine. What I'm concerned about is the availability of the artifacts. I don't want to be getting recipes using rare artifacts that I don't have or are hard to get. Maybe they could only use artifacts that we already have in inventory but then it could be too easy to get a lot of pet food. I suppose it depends on how many aftifacts we have. It could also be possible to only use artifacts that are currently winnable in Spire, that could work.

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
Yes, it will dilute the other recipes but it also offers three pet food per recipe. So in theory as long as it doesn't dilute other recipe by more than a third it should be fine. What I'm concerned about is the availability of the artifacts. I don't want to be getting recipes using rare artifacts that I don't have or are hard to get. Maybe they could only use artifacts that we already have in inventory but then it could be too easy to get a lot of pet food. I suppose it depends on how many aftifacts we have. It could also be possible to only use artifacts that are currently winnable in Spire, that could work.
Sure those of us that have been here for years "might" have some extra artifacts, I can count 9 that fit that bill, but even then that would be a finite supply against an infinite demand. For players that have only been here for a year or less than that supply would be considerably smaller and likely to include "Phoenix" and "Bear" artifacts that would be a waste for most to use. Speaking as a player I see this as a real negative long-term as crafting an artifact requires "blueprints" and 10,000 SF generally, and smaller cities already are at a disadvantage in getting SF.

You can see the Beta Discussion there

Last edited:

Silly Bubbles

You cant pop them all
Sure those of us that have been here for years "might" have some extra artifacts, I can count 9 that fit that bill, but even then that would be a finite supply against an infinite demand. For players that have only been here for a year or less than that supply would be considerably smaller and likely to include "Phoenix" and "Bear" artifacts that would be a waste for most to use. Speaking as a player I see this as a real negative long-term as crafting an artifact requires "blueprints" and 10,000 SF generally, and smaller cities already are at a disadvantage in getting SF.

You can see the Beta Discussion there

Yep, that's what I said I'm concerned about.

Just to clarify, I meant Inno could use the artifacts differently as I suggested, not that we could use. I hope that's clearer, any questions just let me know.

Mrietha

At one couldn't we craft one artifact from 2 or maybe 3 artifacts we no longer wanted?

I do not see that this is that valuable to most of the players.
I very, very rarely have too many artifacts from one event. I do have a few extra artifacts from buildings that I will never build - but not that many to make this a good long term option in the MA.
I feel like this is only a benifit to those players who are "superplayers" during events. That is those players who get more than one event building and keep going in the rewards list.

I do like the idea of turning a specific artifact into a "general" artifact for crafting - or someother purpose. I do not want to see the options in the MA diluted so that there is a different crafting option for each kind of artifact.

Pheryll

Set Designer
I do have a few extra artifacts from buildings that I will never build - but not that many to make this a good long term option in the MA.

This proposal is exactly for this scenario. You do not like an evolving building, but complete the event; you can use the artifacts for special recipes that Elvenar makes hard to satisfy. Too many of these hard to satisfy special recipes, and we have a problem with recipe dilution.

Count Rupert

Your theory assumes supply which may be a given for long time players. As a player who hasn't been here as long this is horrible. Any dilution of recipes will affect what I get in pet food and at the scale this is appearing to be will be devastating. It's great all the older players have scrap fragments to burn with their large collections of moonstone libraries but I'm limited to one. Scrap fragments are always a problem which has had me disenchanting artifacts for which I had no need. This needs to be rethought to utilize a method older players can use their hoards of artifacts without affecting the newer players have no such hoard.

Silly Bubbles

You cant pop them all
Your theory assumes supply which may be a given for long time players. As a player who hasn't been here as long this is horrible. Any dilution of recipes will affect what I get in pet food and at the scale this is appearing to be will be devastating. It's great all the older players have scrap fragments to burn with their large collections of moonstone libraries but I'm limited to one. Scrap fragments are always a problem which has had me disenchanting artifacts for which I had no need. This needs to be rethought to utilize a method older players can use their hoards of artifacts without affecting the newer players have no such hoard.

Yes, that's why I said:

I don't want to be getting recipes using rare artifacts that I don't have or are hard to get.

I don't really like to speak on behalf of other players but it's very likely they don't want to do that either based on the above reactions.

Just to clarify, here are the suggestions I made that might fix the problem:

1. Remove recipes that we don't have artifacts for because that will dilute other recipes, that's why I don't want to be getting them. If the recipes where useful there would be no dilution.
2. Only include recipes that we already have artifacts for in the inventory. This way we will always get recipes that we can use if we want to, therefore no dilution. The problem is that longer playing players have more artifacts and therefore making it much easier for them to get a lot of pet food depending on how many artifacts we already have.
3. Make the new recipes only ask for artifacts that are currently winnable in Spire. This still doesn't fully help smaller players but it's still better than the current setup.

This is best I could do to explain it. So to summarise, I am not happy with the situation and that's why I'm making suggestions to fix it and I hope that it will get understood and forwarded to Inno.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I’m seeing this as not good and I am a long term player! If I get to the point that I don’t want to spend artifacts then it sounds like I will not have the pet food that I need every week. For example, this week I have to be concerned that I may be running out soon. I make pet food every time it comes up and I still run low. This sounds like an attempt to force events whether or not a player wants to participate. It seems that there is a definite move toward forcing players into doing things that may not want to. Like, whether or not I choose to have a high number of residences and workshops, some players don’t want them. Or, the research tree migration that I didn’t mind in my baby city but others hated. I’m starting to feel very worn down by the changes piling up that create doubt about just how frustrating the game seems to be becoming.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Added there are 4 or 5 artifacts in the rotation, 9 Relics, and 1 petfood so 14 or 15, and adding 20 to 30 Artifact based items would seriously make a difference in the negative, especially for newer players
Well they could consolidate the relic recipes into 1 recipe and provide random runes or 3 recipes based on tier. Is other options as well, all depends what they are balancing with what though.

I feel like this is only a benifit to those players who are "superplayers" during events. That is those players who get more than one event building and keep going in the rewards list.
It would also benefit those who do not value every evolving building highly. Or who only get a few artifacts and dont think it is worth the effort or have the patience to wait (months/years) to get more for a useable item.

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
Well they could consolidate the relic recipes into 1 recipe and provide random runes or 3 recipes based on tier. Is other options as well, all depends what they are balancing with what though.
While I agree that would be better it is still a change that would have to "get to the Devs" and one that they are willing and able to make. I will make sure the CM gets the feedback if they have not already, but I am pretty sure they have seen this.

Converting or disenchanting artifact types into a single resource is definitely the smart way to go. How annoying to have a recipe come up for something you want but can't craft?

Related: developing programming to read a players inventory and only offer them crafting recipes corresponding to artifacts they currently own seems inefficient and unnecessary. Avoid this! The number of different artifact types is ever-increasing.

There should be a button in the crafting tab of MA to go to artifact crafting. Maybe there would be one artifact crafting recipe at a time, e.g. the single slot it would take. Is live for 6 hours, same rotation as the rest. No dilution of existing recipes.

All told, I LOVE this idea of being able to use unneeded artifacts to make things that are actually useful! Full disclosure: I am a long time player with 11 moonstone libraries and - just counted - over 130 artifacts I never plan to use. So, yeah, it benefits me. It should DEFINITELY be structured in a way to not hurt smaller cities. I also suggest to only make artifact conversion available in some chapter after which players know what they're for, so they aren't squandered while they could be useful?

Edited to add picture screenshot. Suggestion to add a button to go to "artifact crafting" in red circled area, or similar.
Screenshot_20230802_190703_Elvenar.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230802_190703_Elvenar.jpg
    Screenshot_20230802_190703_Elvenar.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Kadhrin

Not a fan of this idea at all, and I'm coming at it with scads of artifacts and small-to-medium piles of pet food.
I would much rather see an option to 'exchange' artifacts for bases or royal restorations.

So you DO want to exchange artifacts for things, you just don't want to exchange artifacts for a crafting material and THEN exchange those for things?

Are you just saying you want RRs and bases to be one of the crafting options?

Also, wondering, when you say bases do you mean additional evolving buildings at level 1, which would normally require massive luck or extra dollars / diamonds to get? I wouldn't hold my breath for that, if so

It seems like you DO want this, you just want additional crafting options, without taking up a crafting slot.

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
I am actually in the "I like that I can disenchant them but I am such a hoarder that I can only do so in desperation" camp. Using them for crafting will keep me in the same camp, "I like the idea but can not bring myself to do it".

I am sure I would feel differently if I had a whole hoard of extras +9 for the base.

Last edited:

hvariidh gwendrot

could go either way depeding on the conversion rates, they keep adding things that need pet food then reduce it's availibilty, adding to that math would really be dumb whatever the size of city or length in game