• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Do I need both Barracks and Training Ground?

DeletedUser4821

Hello,

I'm mostly new, been playing solo and really love the game. But I'm in a quandary regarding space. I'm rather lacking in population, culture and land. I'm also accepting the quests given to me and I find that's the only way I can advance. So, back to the original question, do I have to keep both barracks and training ground or can I sell the barracks?

Thanks!

DeletedUser3640

Barracks cannot be sold. You can stop upgrading them to avoid unnecessary culture and population loss (if combat is not that important to you).

Training grounds are not worth the space they take.

DeletedUser4821

Barracks cannot be sold.

Training grounds are not worth the space they take.

So - then I don't need the Training Grounds? I have not won a battle since the first 2 weeks I started playing. I am defeated every single time.

DeletedUser3640

Personally I didn't even build training grounds, and not so long ago my fellowship confirmed that they are useless. So I don't know if they can be sold, but if they can - feel free to sell them.

DeletedUser4821

Personally I didn't even build training grounds, and not so long ago my fellowship confirmed that they are useless. So I don't know if they can be sold, but if they can - feel free to sell them.

What about getting through all the "Research" modules? Are you still able to progress? Do you follow the Elves quest requests or do you decline? Thanks again.

DeletedUser3640

What about getting through all the "Research" modules?Are you still able to progress?

I'm getting through them, and I'm able to progress.

Do you follow the Elves quest requests or do you decline?

I'm following main story questline (quests that you cannot decline), but I'm "cycling" through declinable quests until I get easy (fast) ones, or with good rewards, i.e. I'll always decline quests that ask me to upgrade something, or produce goods that take 1 day, or get more population/culture, until I get something like "produce 10 beverages or collect 1k of particular goods, collect supplies, collect coins etc.".

DeletedUser4821

What about getting through all the "Research" modules? Are you still able to progress? Do you follow the Elves quest requests or do you decline? Thanks again.

This is all great info. Thanks so much, I appreciate it.

DeletedUser3640

You're welcome. Don't quote me on anything I said though. You'd better reading Mykan's or Bobbykitty's guides (located in this section of the forum). Didn't read them myself (it was too late for me to read something like that when I joined forum), but many are saying that they are very useful and helpful.

DeletedUser4821

You're welcome. Don't quote me on anything I said though. You'd better reading Mykan's or Bobbykitty's guides (located in this section of the forum). Didn't read them myself (it was too late for me to read something like that when I joined forum), but many are saying that they are very useful and helpful.

Ok, I won't quote you. :) I did try reading both but it was too much too soon and I skimmed. I may revisit. Thanks again.

DeletedUser3087

Well you need the training grounds to train the cerberus(dogs) which i found are beneficial if you want to win in scroll provinces.

DeletedUser4821

Well you need the training grounds to train the cerberus(dogs) which i found are beneficial if you want to win in scroll provinces.

Thank you. I'm no where near most of it. I think I'm only 3 weeks into playing. I don't even have gems yet so I'm stuck after having scouted.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Training grounds for cerberus is handy. Prior to the middle/end of era 3 you only have 2 unit types so having a third choice might help you with fights. The long movement range of the cerberus would help in certain fights. You can always delete the training grounds once you get all 5 unit types if you find no more use for it.

DeletedUser3087

I am finding them excellent in the silk tournament. I just send in the same amount as there are priests as support for the key unit.

DeletedUser5270

What about armories. I have 2, should I get rid of 1 or both. Both are at Level 4. I negotiate now since I was getting my but whipped.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2870

You don't need the traininggrounds for any quests. At some point you may want to build them if you want to get some cerberus-units, but you can play without them.

You do not need any armories at all, but 1 might be a help if you train units for the tournaments, perhaps 2 later on. Of course, if you do not fight there, you won't need them.
HOWEVER : you do need armories (probably 2, perhaps 3) when you get to the orc-chapter since they are the place to breed orcs and you will need those to negotiate provinces in ring 11 and up.
You will also need them to upgrade buildings in the orc-chapter and still to upgrade the workshops in the woodelf-chapter. But you have enough time to build 2 armories when you unlock the fairy-wonders. By that time you'll face several days worth if KP's to get to unlocking the orc-upgrade, so that should be time enough to build 1 or 2 to the max.

If you do not plan on fighting even in the tournaments, you might consider not upgrading the barracks any further.
That will save space and the barracks too is not needed for quests except the 'train x units' type. Those are optional anyway, but you can still do them with low-level barracks, Just takes a bit longer.

DeletedUser1996

What about armories. I have 2, should I get rid of 1 or both. Both are at Level 4. I negotiate now since I was getting my but whipped.
If you fight or not--you will need the Armories in Orcs to breed them as "Dhurrin" stated.

Cheral

How many armories are needed? I have 4 right now, but would like to get rid of at least 1 for space.