• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Other Do something about useless artifacts.

I have over 100 artifacts that I can't use for anything. I either have no base to apply them to or I've already got a stage 10 building and no second base. Could we have something in the crafter to use 5 artifacts to craft an artifact that I could use? Maybe remove them from the chests in Spire...or at least make them a lower chance possibility.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Sorry @Web Scorpion, this is one suggestion that I strongly disagree with. I also have quite a few artifacts that the only use I have for them is fragging them, but I’d much rather frag than mess with the crafting options in the MA.
The Elvenar staff are already experimenting with messing with the crafting options, with several bad deals. If they move forward, then it would be better that the community was prepared with several options. At least then, some input from the players would actually be heard.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Some players might need those artifacts. I can see giving a crafting option, but removing them from the Spire or lowering the percentage would not be fair to newer players trying to build those buildings.
How many newer players are able to take full advantage of a spire rerun of an evolving building, acquiring enough artifacts for them to build it? I don't think the newer players are really given that much of a service by the spire reruns, and end up with just a few artifacts for several evolving buildings that they will not end up building.

Count Rupert

Sadly most of the player input to changes that find frustrating or terrible is in the form of leaving the game.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
How many newer players are able to take full advantage of a spire rerun of an evolving building, acquiring enough artifacts for them to build it? I don't think the newer players are really given that much of a service by the spire reruns, and end up with just a few artifacts for several evolving buildings that they will not end up building.
A lot of them will craft the base with 0 or very few artifacts and don’t understand how evolve buildings work. I have seen many new cities littered with bases and stuck at lvl 1.

Pheryll

Set Designer
A lot of them will craft the base with 0 or very few artifacts and don’t understand how evolve buildings work. I have seen many new cities littered with bases and stuck at lvl 1.

It is a perfect set up for rage quitting. You build the base corresponding to the artifact in the spire. You get a few artifacts, and then the artifact in the spire changes, and does not return to your partially leveled building. When you do the same for the new artifact in the spire, the spire changes again, and you are never able to build up a decent stage level.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
There have been times you could craft a ( making up buildings for the example) Honey Bear artifact using two Koala bear artifacts.
So that is one reason to hold onto useless artifacts.

Pheryll

Set Designer
There have been times you could craft a ( making up buildings for the example) Honey Bear artifact using two Koala bear artifacts.
So that is one reason to hold onto useless artifacts.

Most of the time the conversion recipes are conversion to the basic bear and phoenix artifacts. Those artifacts can be crafted in the MA for an expensive price. So building up base phoenix and bear is a feasible strategy. Littering your city with evolving buildings from events before you came hoping to get some to max stage is not.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
As an AM, I like the artifacts allow new players to power up on old toys. Some of the old buildings are critical to competitive gameplay and the more peeps in your group that can make use of them, the stronger the FS is as a whole.

As a player, I don’t mind them because they sometimes help me complete a second or third base. Having multiples of key buildings also mean I have less room for other stuff and less FOMO during events bc I don’t need to fret about doing well to put another building out. I have a large spread of Moonstone sets in my first two cities so I am not short of spell frags, but my smallest city that is limited to just one Moonstone never has enough and artifacts are a decent source of frags. I accept the compromise even if I have no use for most artifacts won. Other people still need them.

Serena McTavish

I was able to get several bases in my newer city fully evolved from the 6 week rotations n the spire or get it close enough to where i only needed to craft a couple or live with it not fully evolved. I also will put out lv1 bases in that newer city if i want the effect then recraft each chapter (except for gingerbread!) until i get reasonable amount of artifacts eventually. I love getting artifacts from the spire . If they removed them from spire or crafter then there would need to be events where younger cities could win them. Or create a magic morph machine where you put in 2 unwanted artifacts of any kind and get back 1 that you wanted.

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
I have over 100 artifacts that I can't use for anything. I either have no base to apply them to or I've already got a stage 10 building and no second base. Could we have something in the crafter to use 5 artifacts to craft an artifact that I could use? Maybe remove them from the chests in Spire...or at least make them a lower chance possibility.
To get this to actually be considered look at the section that explains the proper format and layout and info you need on your idea and edit post. I like it!

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
To get this to actually be considered look at the section that explains the proper format and layout and info you need on your idea and edit post. I like it!
No ideas are currently being forwarded, so we can ignore that completely. This is just for us, with the happy hope that someone on high might maybe come look around occasionally and see it!

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
We do see, and even if Ideas are not being sent as before does not mean worthy ideas are not brought up by the CM's.
This is why this forum section was not just closed down. However, the proper format should still be followed. There is a current change in the Beta side that was also an Idea brought up here, so some things do happen.