• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Do You have a Main Hall upgrade happening, or about to happen?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Per this thread, there is conflicting experience about what happens when a person on mobile doantes to your main hall while it is upgrading. It would be great if you could test this with someone in your Fellowship, and report back on whether the coins they donate from the mobile app are available and actually add to your total during the upgrade or after.

Methodology required:
1) Have someone on the mobile app help (donate to) a Main Hall that is currently in upgrade
2) Attempt to collect the coins from the hall while it is still upgrading, observing whether the resulting coins are actually added to your total coins on hand (not whether they float upward, but whether they actually change the number of coins you have on hand)

3-4 Repeat above, but leave the donated coins in the main hall until the upgrade is complete, then collect them and see if they are added to your total.

5) Report back here, and accept my thanks for taking the time to test.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I'm pretty far away from the research for my next upgrade. I'll see if someone else is close in my FS and get them to help me test it.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Have a member finishing up the tech; should be upgrading in the next day or so and will help me test this. Since we're getting such a variety of information on what happens, I think we need as many folks to test it as are willing just in case we don't all get the same result.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I have a baby city I can test this on today.
Should I try to collect the coins on mobile, or browser? If both, which first?

It's only a 5h upgrade, so I may only be able to test 1 time.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Should I try to collect the coins on mobile, or browser? If both, which first?
Well, now you've brought in another variable, lol! I wasn't even thinking of collecting on mobile, just helping. But if we're trying to test if collecting coins works correctly, we probably should try it both ways; and I don't know which first. @Ashrem ?

DeletedUser3507

I have an open support ticket on this mater they know about it and have asked the developers, no gold will you find is applied to a Main Hall in upgrade,

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@jps54 At least one poster has said they have collected the coins while the main hall was still in upgrade; at least one has said the coin numbers float up, but are not actually added to the coin bar, at least one has said they collected the coins after upgrade was complete, and at least one has said they were unable to collect any coins. That's why Ashrem suggested some of us try to test it when we're paying good attention to what it actually does.
I don't doubt support told you that collecting them is not possible. While I think support is usually correct, it would not be the first time someone there gave out incorrect information. Not a slam on support: there are new folks in training in every job that don't always get it right, for example.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
feed.png

Before and after shots, Mainhall is still under construction, there was no floating coin over the building, but I clicked it anyways and got the floating text, and the coins went into my bar.
I refreshed the game and the coins are still there.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I'm about an hour out from being able to help the FS member whose Mainhall is under construction. He's using instants, so it'll be about 3 hrs later and he'll be able to collect after upgrade is complete. I doubt we'll get screenshots like Soggy provided, but I trust him to pay attention and know if the coins add to his coin bar or not.