• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Do you want to build a magic academy?

Do you want to build a magic academy now?

• Yes

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • No

Votes: 20 87.0%

• Total voters

DeletedUser43

The magic academy cannot be deleted once built. There is now a quest that is non declinable that has you build this building. We are taking the same poll on beta so I thought I would ask more people the same question here. Please provide a yes or no answer along with the reasons why. Thank you. We are asking, do you want to build a magic academy, now, as the game is now, not that you might want to build one in the future. We are not asking if you have built one. Just if you want one.

I would like to add an additional question here:

Do you think it is good that the quest to build the magic academy cannot be declined?

Feel free to follow this post over there: https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/inde...ant-to-build-a-magic-academy.4580/#post-32121

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 107391

It's a relevant question, but hard for me to answer. I have used the free spells to my advantage, but whether I want the academy is ... kind of up in the air. For now, no.

As for not declining it ... Eeeeep! Not happy about that, but it would certainly level the playing field in regard to it.

DeletedUser

There are days when those spells come in handy. Some days you just have so much going on in your city, that access to the spells, having made them if you used the free ones, would be an advantage in keeping up w/supplies or getting that extra culture bonus, etc. So yes. I want to build one now.

joncrichton

well I have a question. As like now where I have 8 granite mines and the quest wants me to build a granite mine but doesn't register those I have, is the magic quest going to register that I have already built it?

if not Ill be stuck forever!!!

DeletedUser188

The quest will register that you already built the academy and the quest will complete
It did on my beta account

DeletedUser627

I think the game is going to increasingly become dependent on Spells...and this is a further divide between paying and non-paying players.

So far, it's difficult to keep up without purchasing:

expansions
builders
Academy upgrades
At a bare minimum, that's about $75 for a game - with playing time intentionally limited by developers. They keep applying this model of frustrating us into buying diamonds, instead of enticing us into purchases.

DeletedUser

The quest will register that you already built the academy and the quest will complete
It did on my beta account
I am not on beta, but I had the academy before given the quest. When I got the quest, it accepted it was already completed.
My Archmage is telling everyone who doesn't have, NOT to get it. He is afraid people will get the quest and it wont accept that the academy was already purchased.

DeletedUser43

I have one on beta and it is useless to me. I do not purchase expansions so my option was to have a day farm for the fairies, which I need in order to progress, or have the stupid magic academy I don't need. I will just give up on the storyline quests from here on out. One more insisted upon building that a lot of us do not want. We can't decline the quest for it and we can't delete it once it is built. Once more we are offered fewer choices.

DeletedUser

BobbyKitty Is there no room for the day farm for fairies because the academy is so big? I don't purchase either, so this is a concern for me in the future. I still have 3 more worlds I haven't played on....

DeletedUser43

The day farms are huge. Instead of the copper and granite tiny little farms you could stick anywhere, the day farms are 5x4. You need at least 4 maybe because of all the fairy stuff you need. Plus, you need night farms. 3 or 4 are best and they are 2x7. Now...when the fairies came, a lot of us have been sitting with our cities full to the brim. Deleting the dwarf stuff makes for a little room, but not all this. Our cities are simply maxed out.

As a strategy, go check out the beta forums discussion on this. I am not the only one. In fact, every advanced player feels the same. The magic academy doesn't do us any good. We have millions of goods. The academy produces such a tiny little advantage. Plus, it takes relics. At my point in the game it takes almost 3 days to scout one little province. I would run out of relics quickly and then the building would just sit there doing no good at all. Maybe I will need it in the future, but not now. The advanced players who have studied this game inside out know this building isn't worth the space. PLUS, it doesn't give you any points and workshops and factories do.

In the beginning, you still need all the space you have. If you build another factory and/or another workshop instead, you will make far more goods and supplies than wasting that space on the academy, PLUS you will get the ranking points.

So, instead of giving us a magic academy, what the devs have effectively done is taken away our storyline quest. Because a lot of us simply won't build this building and will never be able to satisfy the storyline quest.

DeletedUser1122

Built when I read it was going to be mandatory. Spells take sooo long to make I thought I'd get a jump for the fairies. Got 6 spells now. All for supplies. I figure here in Beta2 they will have it count on your score or something in a month or a year which ever comes first. It is odd that they felt it should be forced.

DeletedUser

I built the Magic Academy in my second city to see if I wanted it in my main one. I made 2 spells, got 5 others from the ch.II chest. I still haven't used ANY of them. I'm not on enough during the week to get decent use out of them. I'm hesitant to burn relics making spells when I don't know how we're supposed to get more. They've teased that there will be new ways to earn them, but speculation says that that may be the result of combat - and I don't like combat. I built my second city specifically to learn the combat module, and after playing a couple of weeks, I find the combat boring and time consuming. I miss the old days of autofights. So if that's how I earn more relics, I don't want to use them up in the magic academy; I'd rather save them for Ancient Wonders. And if that's not how we will earn more relics, then it's a complete unknown and can't be counted on. So it sits. Doing nothing. All the time. Also, it's HUGE. It takes me weeks now to earn expansions in my main world - and I don't buy them. I purchase diamonds now and again, but I'm very choosy on how I spend them. I need to build a few more residences to upgrade my buildings, and it's taking forever. I don't want to be forced to use the expansion I've worked so hard to earn to build something I don't want and won't really use. And that doesn't help my score. I'm not obsessive, but I do like to see my score and ranking continuing to improve over time. So even if I got no other benefit, at least if it improved my score, I wouldn't count it a total loss. Or maybe contributed some culture or something.

I've been reading over on beta forum, and one of the moderators said that this building is intended to be a powerful and useful addition to your city. Then PLEASE before you force me to build it, MAKE IT powerful and useful. Don't make me sit around with a useless space-holder until you have time to develop desirable content. And if you're going to force me to add it, then allow me to earn an extra expansion to place it, instead of taking away the things I need to improve my city and move forward on the tech tree (looking at you, dwarves & fairies).

DeletedUser43

Well, you have to pay diamonds to upgrade the academy past level 2, so I assume they were all excited to have something adding monetary value to them. But if none of us like this building, then who would pay money to upgrade it? Why can't they offer us stuff to spend money on that we want. We could buy skins. Or change colors of the houses. Or buy backgrounds. Or buy different culture buildings instead of 20 of the same building. They could get money from a million different ways that made this game really exciting. Like a storage shed. So you could move your buildings out and back in. A bigger storage shed would cost money. A tiny one wouldn't. We all have a million ideas! But this? Do the devs play this game in real time?

I did the math tonight and it will take me about a YEAR of playing every single day to get the rest of the expansions I am missing. A YEAR! Space is hard to get around here!

DeletedUser594

332tcvm.jpg
:)

DeletedUser2274

I'm not personally that crazy about the magic academy--- at.all...

*First, because it takes up the space of an entire expansion.

*Secondly, the spells take so long to make.

*Thirdly, while they are useful for when someone plans on spending some time on them, for example, the workshop spells, they are sort of a waste if something comes up and the player can't be in game for a period of time, only to come back and the spell be gone and had no effect. Such as the other day I used a workshop spell and did a constant 5 minute round of supplies, ended up having to go out for a few hours so I set my workshops for 3 hours, only to come back to the regular amount of supplies instead of the boosted amount because the spell had ended before I came back.

*Fourthly, in order to make the spells, we have to use our relics which are what we need to keep the boosts up on our boosted goods and fighting/negotiating for the relics is more and more difficult (and expensive) the higher the level we get.

Ultimately, the magic academy really isn't worth having, and honestly, I have tried several times to sell (just in case it happened to become sellable). I need that space and I rarely every use it anyway. So, I'm pretty unhappy with that being required to remain in our cities. I think it should at least be optional and not a "have to" building for those of us who do NOT want it.

DeletedUser43

Have you ever tried soup if you don't stir the pot?

We often get things changed on beta before they are brought here if we can show that a certain thing will be greatly unwanted. The more evidence we have for that the stronger the argument. We also get to take the pulse of everyone and make the best suggestions so that the most people will be happy. One of the brilliant players came up with the idea that we should keep the tech, but get rid of the building. That way it won't take up any space and we will have the ability to use and not be harmed by it. Win win win!

If we can get enough people to speak up, they might listen to us. :) Wouldn't that be wonderful?

Now if only we could get them to get rid of the chests at each chapter and help all those folks who got really upset over an issue that shouldn't have happened.

DeletedUser2274

We often get things changed on beta before they are brought here if we can show that a certain thing will be greatly unwanted. The more evidence we have for that the stronger the argument. We also get to take the pulse of everyone and make the best suggestions so that the most people will be happy. One of the brilliant players came up with the idea that we should keep the tech, but get rid of the building. That way it won't take up any space and we will have the ability to use and not be harmed by it. Win win win!

If we can get enough people to speak up, they might listen to us. :) Wouldn't that be wonderful?

Now if only we could get them to get rid of the chests at each chapter and help all those folks who got really upset over an issue that shouldn't have happened.

I think that would be a great idea! Keeping the ability to make the spells without having to have the building is something I would totally be up for! I mean, the building is pretty, and I was excited to get it at first because it made my city look so much prettier, but then I soon regretted having to have it and hated how much space it used that I needed for other things that I actually use constantly. I've even had to sell buildings I used in order to build new ones that I needed because of the space issue. So, yes... I think maybe putting the spells somewhere else (like the Main Hall, perhaps?) and letting us get rid of the academy building itself is the best thing that I could think of for the game right now... for my city anyway. The more active members of my fellowship also agree with me as we have complained about it to each other extensively lol.

DeletedUser43

It would be so incredibly valuable if you could convince everyone to come to beta and make an account over there and get on the forums and say something. If I say it over and over they get sick of hearing me. It would be marvelous if you were there!!!

https://zz1.elvenar.com/